Glen Burton - Telecaster Guitar Forum
The Number 1 Fender Telecaster Guitar authority in the world.

Go Back   Telecaster Guitar Forum > Other Discussion Forums > Other Guitars, other instruments
Forgot Username/Password? Join Us!
Notices

Other Guitars, other instruments Use this forum to discuss all guitars and other instruments that are not Teles or Strats -- Fender, Gibson, PRS, you name it. If it's a Tele or a Strat see the appropriate Tele and Strat Forums here.

Wilde Pickups by Bill & Becky Lawrence WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Amps, Mods, Pedals dallenpickups.com Warmoth.com seymourduncan.com

Forum Jump

Old December 29th, 2012, 11:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

Glen Burton

anyone know of this brand? custom guitar builder expanding by going over seas ? just sorta notice them popping up everywhere on ebay at least in a jazbox design im looking for. on disability cant afford much.
es335 dot style or the big hollow body style. cant think of the name but the guy from the stray cats sure rocks his gretch.
just wondering if anyone know this person, or was it just a random name some asian company put on the head stock or maybe playe one or owns one. the build looks good from the pictures, which mean nothing i know. thanks for any input. just looking for a semi hollow or even hollow body style guitar. im totally digging the jazz tone these air box's give. thanks. i looked through the first two pages saw nothing so figured id sucker my self in and ask in public ready for the ridicule for looking at such cheaply prices guitars. im new so i do not deserve a gibson, or other high end guitar etc even if i could afford it on disability.. martin comes to mind for a acoustic that would last my life time even if its seems to be becoming very short, laughs. I love the sound of the martin d28 drools ( yeah acoustic but spruce top rose wood body, perfection to my ears 2 and half grand not tho. not in this life time id have to sell a kidney or something and im already missing way to many body parts to afford the luxury, yeah im thinking of that poor kid who sold it for a ipad of all things. doctor who did it should have his removed, ill do the job, im handy with a knife * before getting super stick i was getting pretty good at custom forging hand blades, was moving onto swords but health won so forge rusts away did save all my leather tools and the 150lbs of wrout iron, stuff forges like butter and once etched in a miled acid looks cool too. great for guards, sam mai style knifes ( wrout iron on the out side some 1086 in the middle etc ), maybe ill learn to make my own guitar strap down the road sounds like a fun project and since i have the good uk leather no bob wire allowed to scar the hides. and still have the leather tools. would just have to copy one to start, off topic.. i tend to ramble damn pain meds. laughs, i process my share of elk and deer in my life time ill do a good job i swear doctor. heh.).

rock on.

and if there is a history about this man and even if he has nothing to do with it id love to hear it.

chrs.

p.s
iv tried so many hobbies over the years, just one of them type of guys curious about learning everything i can, minus spelling. peace.

Old December 29th, 2012, 11:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
Poster Extraordinaire

I'd queried about these guits sometime back, hereyago jipp:

http://www.tdpri.com/forum/other-gui...n-guitars.html

I'd say stick with a Douglas jazzbox from the Rondo site, I can tell you they are good.
blowtorch is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 30th, 2012, 09:20 AM   #3 (permalink)
Tele-Holic

Glen Burton guitars are made by Bridgecraft, they import from China. Here's a link to their site, it's called XMusicPro.

http://www.xmusicpro.com/products.php?c=81

Hope it helps.
bunny 7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links   #
Sponsored posting

Old December 31st, 2012, 12:11 AM   #4 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

thanks, http://www.rondomusic.com/product4267.html that sure looks nice. white falcon vibe.
peace.
chris.

Old December 31st, 2012, 09:04 AM   #5 (permalink)
Tele-Holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jipp View Post
thanks, http://www.rondomusic.com/product4267.html that sure looks nice. white falcon vibe.
peace.
chris.
That Douglas looks cool and that price is nice too, maybe something to try in the new year my friend.
bunny 7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 31st, 2012, 09:18 AM   #6 (permalink)
Poster Extraordinaire

I have that Douglas, except when I ordered mine they were offering a tunaeamatic type bridge on it. It rocks, it's actually my number one and allows me to leave my pre-FMIC Gretsch 6118 Double Anniversary at home.
blowtorch is offline   Reply With Quote