My new PRS SE Custom. - Telecaster Guitar Forum
The Number 1 Fender Telecaster Guitar authority in the world.

Go Back   Telecaster Guitar Forum > Other Discussion Forums > Other Guitars, other instruments
Forgot Username/Password? Join Us!
Notices

Other Guitars, other instruments Use this forum to discuss all guitars and other instruments that are not Teles or Strats -- Fender, Gibson, PRS, you name it. If it's a Tele or a Strat see the appropriate Tele and Strat Forums here.

Wilde Pickups by Bill & Becky Lawrence WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Amps, Mods, Pedals dallenpickups.com Warmoth.com seymourduncan.com

Forum Jump

Old May 1st, 2012, 12:32 AM   #1 (permalink)
TDPRI Member

My new PRS SE Custom.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1043561860.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	125938

peartcarey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 1st, 2012, 12:42 AM   #2 (permalink)
Poster Extraordinaire

That's a gorgeous SE! If it sounds half as good as it looks, I'd probably be hiding one from my wife as we speak. Enjoy it and congrats!

CC
Canuckcaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 1st, 2012, 12:47 AM   #3 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

Looks nice. I'm very impressed by the newer SE models.

Enjoy!
gpasq is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links   #
Sponsored posting

Old May 1st, 2012, 01:58 AM   #4 (permalink)
Tele-Holic

I've been eyeballing the SE's for a while. Let us what you think of it.
guitar dan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 1st, 2012, 09:15 AM   #5 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

I was googling PRS SE 245s last night and came across these. Man, if they were available in the US, I'd be ALL OVER one of these

http://www.guitarplanet.eu/latest-ne...l-hits-uk.html

Old May 1st, 2012, 11:12 AM   #6 (permalink)
TDPRI Member

I've owned two SEs. IMO they are the best 600-700 dollar guitars out right now. The 2012 SE Customs are coming with Push/Pull tone controls and the blade switch instead of the toggle. Paul Reed Smith himself has mentioned that the SE line is a priority for his company. Zach Myers from Shinedown is using his SE sig in the Studio and on the Road. Even when I was drumming full time, owning a PRS was something I always wanted to happen. I actually saw a PRS SE for 499 online not to long ago. I love my PRS. Highly recommend playing one if you have a shot.

Old May 1st, 2012, 11:13 AM   #7 (permalink)
TDPRI Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpasq
i was googling prs se 245s last night and came across these. Man, if they were available in the us, i'd be all over one of these

http://www.guitarplanet.eu/latest-ne...l-hits-uk.html
holy snikes!! Gorgeous.

Old May 1st, 2012, 11:26 AM   #8 (permalink)
TDPRI Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peartcarey
I've owned two SEs. IMO they are the best 600-700 dollar guitars out right now. The 2012 SE Customs are coming with Push/Pull tone controls and the blade switch instead of the toggle. Paul Reed Smith himself has mentioned that the SE line is a priority for his company. Zach Myers from Shinedown is using his SE sig in the Studio and on the Road. Even when I was drumming full time, owning a PRS was something I always wanted to happen. I actually saw a PRS SE for 499 online not to long ago. I love my PRS. Highly recommend playing one if you have a shot.
I should say, One of the best.

Old May 1st, 2012, 11:50 AM   #9 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by peartcarey View Post
I agree. I have an SE Santana that I purchased when I went to try out a strat. Never could find a strat that I liked. But while I was there, I tried the Santana, and holy crap; it was amazing! I think that with a store credit I had, I got it for like $500 cash or something.

There is nothing about the standard PRSs that is worth 5x the price. The SEs are fabulous guitars!

Old May 1st, 2012, 11:54 AM   #10 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpasq View Post
I agree. I have an SE Santana that I purchased when I went to try out a strat. Never could find a strat that I liked. But while I was there, I tried the Santana, and holy crap; it was amazing! I think that with a store credit I had, I got it for like $500 cash or something.

There is nothing about the standard PRSs that is worth 5x the price. The SEs are fabulous guitars!
Too funny, I was actually looking at SE Santanas last night on eBay. I've never really looked into any PRS guitars, always thought they were overpriced (okay,... I'm a cheapskate!) but these SEs look pretty nice.

If I could swing a Santana for around $500, I'd probably think seriously about it, though.
pondcaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 1st, 2012, 11:58 AM   #11 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by pondcaster View Post
Too funny, I was actually looking at SE Santanas last night on eBay. I've never really looked into any PRS guitars, always thought they were overpriced (okay,... I'm a cheapskate!) but these SEs look pretty nice.

If I could swing a Santana for around $500, I'd probably think seriously about it, though.
GC sells them for right around $700... I had some credit when I got mine, so it was easy to rationalize "I'm only paying $500 for this!" :-)

Even at $700, they're grand guitars.

Old May 1st, 2012, 12:30 PM   #12 (permalink)
TDPRI Member

I bought my SE singlecut during a sale GC had where I got 100 bucks off of 599 and up. So I got it for 499. But, I was picking up my LP that I had the luthier setup for me and happened to see the Custom 24. Because I picked up the extended warranty, my exchange period was extended by 30 days. So I swapped out my Singlecut for the Custom. They matched the 599 price even though it was listed at 660.

Old May 1st, 2012, 12:32 PM   #13 (permalink)
TDPRI Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pondcaster

Don't know how you feel about EBay, but I've seen SEs for around 500. I could've swore one was a Santana. I understand what your saying..it was one of the 5 SE models I tried. Great Axe.

Old May 1st, 2012, 12:42 PM   #14 (permalink)
Tele-Holic

Requesting permission from the OP to drool all over the place.

Jk seriously amazing guitar.
DoodlySquat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 1st, 2012, 04:55 PM   #15 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

My SE Singlecut Trem is the only electric I've been playing recently. Couldn't be happier. My US Les Paul can't touch it on playability. I want a 245 bad...

My SE
modestglock26 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 1st, 2012, 08:39 PM   #16 (permalink)
TDPRI Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by modestglock26
My SE Singlecut Trem is the only electric I've been playing recently. Couldn't be happier. My US Les Paul can't touch it on playability. I want a 245 bad...

My SE
NICE SINGLECUT! I have a US LP as well and my PRS has relegated it to its hard case. I completely agree with you. There is something about the SE that screams PLAY ME! It's holds it's own with my Tele in playability. The 245s are great. Would love to have one myself.

Old May 1st, 2012, 08:41 PM   #17 (permalink)
TDPRI Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoodlySquat
Requesting permission from the OP to drool all over the place.

Jk seriously amazing guitar.
HA! That was my reaction too. :-)

Old May 2nd, 2012, 03:51 PM   #18 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

Congrats on the new SE!
They are great guitars!
bullfrogblues is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 10th, 2012, 08:36 PM   #19 (permalink)
TDPRI Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pondcaster

Hey Pondcaster, Hellomusic just posted a SE Santana for 565. It won't last long at that price, but I thought you might like to know. If you haven't seen it for yourself already:-)