LP jr copy - Telecaster Guitar Forum
The Number 1 Fender Telecaster Guitar authority in the world.

Go Back   Telecaster Guitar Forum > Other Discussion Forums > Other Guitars, other instruments
Forgot Username/Password? Join Us!

Other Guitars, other instruments Use this forum to discuss all guitars and other instruments that are not Teles or Strats -- Fender, Gibson, PRS, you name it. If it's a Tele or a Strat see the appropriate Tele and Strat Forums here.

Wilde Pickups by Bill & Becky Lawrence WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Amps, Mods, Pedals dallenpickups.com Warmoth.com seymourduncan.com

Forum Jump

Old October 11th, 2010, 09:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

LP jr copy

So heres my new LP jr copy...put some grovers in it cuz the original tuners were horrid...everything else is stock...oh yeah leveled the frets too...disclaimer, these are camera phone pix so theyre not too awesome
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo1365.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	60807   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo1366.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	60808   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo1367.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	60809  

Name:	Photo1368.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	60810   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo1370.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	60811  

Old October 11th, 2010, 10:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

Nice pics (camera phone or not!). How does it play, how does it sound?

Old October 11th, 2010, 11:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

Quote:
Originally Posted by aunchaki View Post
Nice pics (camera phone or not!). How does it play, how does it sound?
i dont know how it sounds yet...i sold my old amp and am waiting on my weber kit...(been waiting since aug.12)...3-4 week wait time??? hmmmm
plays decent, im still messing with the intonation, the d string is the only one with a buzz right now...i set it up with 11s, i should have it fixed soon and ill let you know how it sounds as soon as i play it through a decent amp and not my little practice amp. i like it though, definetely different than my esquire with the vintage frets, 7.25" radi and 25.5" scale...

Last edited by smsuryan; October 12th, 2010 at 03:15 PM.
smsuryan is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links   #
Sponsored posting

Old October 12th, 2010, 12:21 AM   #4 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Doctor of Teleocity

If you have a spare $120, get a Vox Pathfinder 15r, you can keep it as a spare after you get your Weber kit built. My LP Jr copy loves mine!

Tim
Tim Armstrong is online now   Reply With Quote

Old October 16th, 2010, 04:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

I have this one an Agile 2300 JR wide neck and i love it. Was going to gut it and change the pickups, only bought it for the body and neck but its cool as is, and no need to change it, Both guitars from Rondo and judging by the headstocks, the same factory as well. I was originally going to cash out on a LPSpecial jnr and a Gretch Corvette, covered 2 bases at once and saved my pennies.

tonyw is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 17th, 2010, 12:49 AM   #6 (permalink)
Doctor of Teleocity

Looks great. Did you upgrade the bridge and the tuners or was that the bridge that came on it??

Looks great. I love P-90's.

Do what Tim said..get a VOX Pathfinder 15R. Tell us how it sounds when you plug it in!

"The rock and roll business is pretty absurd, but the world of serious music is much worse." - Frank Zappa
studio1087 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 17th, 2010, 01:17 AM   #7 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

Nice Jr.
oramac7891 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 17th, 2010, 05:13 AM   #8 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

Looks like that's a stock bridge-they're a great improvment over the traditional stopbar if intonation means anything. It was a great solution to my Lil' Killer guitar where space was at a premium. Here's the rundown on the OP's guitar: http://www.rondomusic.com/callistoschs.html Here's what I did with the little killer
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC00240 2.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	61302  
Strat62 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 18th, 2010, 01:21 AM   #9 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

Congrats on the new LP jr. - I had the two pup P90 SX, it was the one that turned me onto P90s, been hooked ever since.
blueshawk1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 18th, 2010, 10:55 AM   #10 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshawk1 View Post
Congrats on the new LP jr. - I had the two pup P90 SX, it was the one that turned me onto P90s, been hooked ever since.
Have you found any other P-90's that sounded that good?
I have the two P-90's version too and I just love those pickups. I got the Squier Custom II but I hate the pickups and I tried some more P-90's guitars but nothing that sounded has good as the SX!

https://soundcloud.com/jotacaster
xjazzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 19th, 2010, 09:04 AM   #11 (permalink)
Tele-Holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjazzy View Post
I have the two P-90's version too and I just love those pickups. I got the Squier Custom II but I hate the pickups and I tried some more P-90's guitars but nothing that sounded has good as the SX!
The GFS alnico P90s are great! I have them on the Xaviere thinline tele and they sound much better than the SX and Agile P90s.
dqami is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 19th, 2010, 11:10 AM   #12 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

I've peep'd that SX Jr sooo many times. I was always worried about the pickup sucking. Sounds like it aint too bad. Might have to look again...

Tonyw, how's the Agile AD-2300? That's another axe I've had my eye on. Just wished they would have been able to keep their shape more like Gibsons....oh well

Old October 19th, 2010, 11:25 AM   #13 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyw View Post
I have this one an Agile 2300 JR wide neck and i love it. Was going to gut it and change the pickups, only bought it for the body and neck but its cool as is, and no need to change it, Both guitars from Rondo and judging by the headstocks, the same factory as well. I was originally going to cash out on a LPSpecial jnr and a Gretch Corvette, covered 2 bases at once and saved my pennies.

A bandmate of mine has this same guitar. It's awesome. I used to own a LP Jr. and as bad I may hate to admit it, the Jr had very little advantage over the Agile. I personally like the feel of the Agile over the Jr I had because of the binding on the neck. Great guitar at a fraction of the price..
cactusrob is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 19th, 2010, 12:37 PM   #14 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

Here's a video I did with the Tokai Love Rock Jr. I just bought. It's a cheapy, but quite a little screamer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3uOD6QudXI

Old October 19th, 2010, 01:48 PM   #15 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjazzy View Post
Just the ones on my Agile, but they are probably the same thing.
blueshawk1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 19th, 2010, 05:42 PM   #16 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

Quote:
Originally Posted by studio1087 View Post
Looks great. Did you upgrade the bridge and the tuners or was that the bridge that came on it??

Looks great. I love P-90's.

Do what Tim said..get a VOX Pathfinder 15R. Tell us how it sounds when you plug it in!
just the tuners...put some grovers in it...im not super picky about everything else as long as it works...just want it to stay in tune..the bridge is adjustable and works pretty well...and btw i ordered the pathfinder ..its was either that or a kustom contender...couldnt decide and just went for the vox

Old October 23rd, 2010, 01:30 AM   #17 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tele-Monster View Post

Tonyw, how's the Agile AD-2300? That's another axe I've had my eye on. Just wished they would have been able to keep their shape more like Gibsons....oh well
Its great! one of my fav players, and as for the shape, i wanted the LPSpecial and Gretch Corvette shape and this was a great compromise.

Old October 23rd, 2010, 01:33 AM   #18 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusrob View Post
A bandmate of mine has this same guitar. It's awesome. I used to own a LP Jr. and as bad I may hate to admit it, the Jr had very little advantage over the Agile. I personally like the feel of the Agile over the Jr I had because of the binding on the neck. Great guitar at a fraction of the price..
Having owned a LPjnr in the 70's, i have to say this guitar knocks the jnr right off its perch, a great guitar that really surprised me with its sound feel and quality.

Old October 23rd, 2010, 07:24 AM   #19 (permalink)
tdu
Friend of Leo's

I was surprised Rondo/SX/Kurt went with a bolt-on neck for that model. They have (or have periodically) the GG1 Jr which is almost the exact same guitar but with 2 P-90's, a different finish, and a set neck. And they only run/ran about $139 if I remember correctly.

Not that the bolt neck is a 'bad' thing by any means. I just like set necks on my LP style guitars, and am surprised they didn't go with a set neck on this one since they basically carry the exact same model with 2 pickups.

EDIT it's now the Callisto Jr., and it's $128 http://www.rondomusic.com/callistojr.html

tdu is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 5th, 2011, 02:50 PM   #20 (permalink)
TDPRI Member

Arrrggh! Am I pi$$ed or glad ? I got a mint one on eBay for $115 and assumed it was a fantastic deal! And a few bucks more and I could have had a mint one from Kurt!
Lesson learned: The world is upside down with the China 'Classic Vibe' Squier series, the Guild GAD acoustics, the PRS SE Singlecut korina for $550 street price new. Why would we pay over $500 for a guitar unless it has something special? For regular guys, take the $ difference and buy silver and gold and ammo!
Blackdogxx is offline   Reply With Quote