Samick SAN 450 Artist Series - 335 copy - Telecaster Guitar Forum
The Number 1 Fender Telecaster Guitar authority in the world.

Go Back   Telecaster Guitar Forum > Other Discussion Forums > Other Guitars, other instruments
Forgot Username/Password? Join Us!
Notices

Other Guitars, other instruments Use this forum to discuss all guitars and other instruments that are not Teles or Strats -- Fender, Gibson, PRS, you name it. If it's a Tele or a Strat see the appropriate Tele and Strat Forums here.

Wilde Pickups by Bill & Becky Lawrence WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Amps, Mods, Pedals dallenpickups.com Warmoth.com seymourduncan.com

Forum Jump

Old September 20th, 2010, 11:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

Samick SAN 450 Artist Series - 335 copy

Anyone know anything about these guitars? They don't seem to make them anymore.

A friend of mine has a nice transparent dark red one which he's let me borrow and I've really taken to it in a big way. He's installed a couple of Gibson 57 pups in there and it sounds pretty good.

Apart from some rough fret ends which need a bit of attention it plays well and I have to say that I'm quite keen on taking it off his hands at the right price!!

Del Pickup is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 21st, 2010, 12:53 AM   #2 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

I've never seen this Samick model.

But I have this Korean made Samick SAB-653 from the '90s that needs a good tune-up

The only other one I saw was this one found somewhere on the net while searching infos about mine. I kept the pic as a reference. And I love the color.
5595bassman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 21st, 2010, 05:19 AM   #3 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

I have a lefty SAN 450, bought around 1996. Any Artist Series Samick is good. I replaced the pickups with a pair of Australian Mick Brierley humbuckers custom wound for a mellow jazz blues sound. If someone were kind enough to give me a Gibson 335 I would love to have one, but my Samick is a pretty good substitute. It is a great guitar to play, and the Brierleys are very toneful and articulate, with nice chord tones as well as smooth lead tones.

My SAN 450 has a pressed laminate mahogany body, mahogany neck and rosewood fingerboard. I am not sure but I think that a SAN 650 is a 335 copy with a carved top. The 650s I have heard to be very good copies of the original.

The Artist Series Samicks I believe went out of production around 2000 or so, before the introduction of the Greg Bennett series. Any SAN 450 available is well worth a look.
Boblets is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links   #
Sponsored posting