Check this Out, Walk Off the Earth - Telecaster Guitar Forum
The Number 1 Fender Telecaster Guitar authority in the world.

Go Back   Telecaster Guitar Forum > General Discussion Forum > Music to Your Ears
Forgot Username/Password? Join Us!
Notices

Music to Your Ears Discussion of Music, albums, live performances, favorite tunes/performances and other music (non-theory) related discussion - including YouTube postings.

Wilde Pickups by Bill & Becky Lawrence WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Amps, Mods, Pedals dallenpickups.com Warmoth.com seymourduncan.com

Forum Jump

Old February 19th, 2012, 11:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

Check this Out, Walk Off the Earth

My son is away at college and just sent me this link. Anybody heard of these guys, Walk Off the Earth?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9NF2edxy-M

I think I like them. At least I'm encouraged that it is different from the rap stuff he's been listening to. Maybe I'll get tired of them quickly, but at first listen it seems pretty cool.

harlycarly is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 20th, 2012, 01:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

Yeah, it's a very cool cover of what I'm convinced is the best song of 2011. I'm pretty sure it's been (very) altered in post production, but it's great nonetheless!
Jackson Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 20th, 2012, 01:38 AM   #3 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

Wow that was amazing. Never heard it before (the original or the cover).

RiverDog is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links   #
Sponsored posting

Old February 20th, 2012, 04:03 AM   #4 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Doctor of Teleocity

When I first saw this song mentioned (it was in reference to the above video), I thought maybe it was going to be a cover of this:

Oh well, cool song/performance anyway.

Old February 20th, 2012, 07:56 AM   #5 (permalink)
Poster Extraordinaire

remarkable. nice version...certainly took a lot of practice. i really liked the girl singer

let me help you out with the embed

Old February 20th, 2012, 11:17 AM   #6 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

That is clever and ever so "Artsy"!!
TJNY is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 20th, 2012, 11:30 AM   #7 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

This is soooo two months ago! Yes, it's neat, and yes, you should check out the rest of their videos on youtube. Very clever. These are very talented musicians. But a large part of their act rests on the "arty"ness of the presentation. Let me clarify, please. All of their youtube VIDEOS are neat. But once one realizes that beyond the video presentation, there's not much there, one realizes a great deal. I have yet to see a video that is just a live capture of a live performance that is them on a stage in front of people, without relying on skillfully edited video performances. Does that clarify my meaning?
tele_pathic is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 20th, 2012, 02:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
Poster Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by tele_pathic View Post
This is soooo two months ago! Yes, it's neat, and yes, you should check out the rest of their videos on youtube. Very clever. These are very talented musicians. But a large part of their act rests on the "arty"ness of the presentation. Let me clarify, please. All of their youtube VIDEOS are neat. But once one realizes that beyond the video presentation, there's not much there, one realizes a great deal. I have yet to see a video that is just a live capture of a live performance that is them on a stage in front of people, without relying on skillfully edited video performances. Does that clarify my meaning?
Every party needs a Pooper.

Old February 20th, 2012, 07:10 PM   #9 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by hekawi View Post
remarkable. nice version...certainly took a lot of practice. i really liked the girl singer

let me help you out with the embed

Thanx, hekawi, from an old low tech dude!!

Old February 20th, 2012, 07:15 PM   #10 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by tele_pathic View Post
I guess it clarifies your meaning, but honestly I'm only judging this on "what you see is what you get". I have no doubt that there is a lot of wizardry in all this. I see all sorts of tricks done to make Lady Gaga's act as well but don't really care about her music. Just thought this was cool, is all.

And only "so too months ago"??? Really??? That would be considered monumental improvement for me. I actually got stuck in 1968.

My kid is gonna be so pleased that I'm only 2 months behind the game.