Seth Lover Bridge? - Telecaster Guitar Forum
The Number 1 Fender Telecaster Guitar authority in the world.

Go Back   Telecaster Guitar Forum > Other Discussion Forums > Just Pickups
Forgot Username/Password? Join Us!
Notices

Just Pickups Forum for discussing guitar pickups.

Wilde Pickups by Bill & Becky Lawrence WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Amps, Mods, Pedals dallenpickups.com Warmoth.com seymourduncan.com

Forum Jump

Old March 16th, 2013, 02:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
TDPRI Member

Seth Lover Bridge?

I'm thinking of installing this in the bridge of my Blacktop Telecaster. Is there a specific neck and bridge pickup? Is it too hot for a single coil N3 neck pup? Hows the tone? Our music store has one, I didn't see if it was for a neck or bridge. Would I need to wire/cap/pot it special if I had a single in the neck and a humbucker in the bridge? Thanks a lot. I found the stock pickups on the blacktop to be too muddy for me.

Zander is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 16th, 2013, 03:16 AM   #2 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

I thought the Seth L was a little clearer than some humbuckers and not too powerful? If the Blacktop pickup is a little muddy, maybe you could look at a TV Jones filtertron if you can get one to fit??
NiceTele is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 16th, 2013, 03:28 AM   #3 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

I'm pretty sure you can drop the Seth Lover right in, but the output might bee a bit imbalanced afterwards. I'm guessing the stock pickups are a bit on the high output side, whereas Seth Lovers are more low output. But experiment! Maybe try low output SL in the neck and the high output stock pickup in the bridge? Or get two SL?
If you're not sure if a pickup is for neck or bridge, just compare the pole spacing, but it's not a big deal either way.
AJBaker is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links   #
Sponsored posting

Old March 16th, 2013, 03:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

Seth Lovers have mucho clarity. There not the boutique pickups du jour, but they are fantastic PAF replicas at a reasonable price
JTM45blues is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 16th, 2013, 03:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTM45blues View Post
Seth Lovers have mucho clarity. There not the boutique pickups du jour, but they are fantastic PAF replicas at a reasonable price
Agreed! I installed a set in my Howard Roberts Fusion, but I was looking for a 335ish tone anyways. Not sure about how they would work in a Tele though, but it depends on what you're looking for. If it's PAF tone you looking for then go for it...

Old March 16th, 2013, 09:50 PM   #6 (permalink)
TDPRI Member

So I'm kinda liking the lower output of the Seth Lover. Because right now I have a single coil N3 neck pup. I think I'm going to get it installed. But now my question is how to wire it with the single coil? Any suggestions, or links to another thread? Thanks.

Old March 16th, 2013, 09:52 PM   #7 (permalink)
TDPRI Member

It is PAF tone I really want.

Old March 16th, 2013, 11:50 PM   #8 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

Howdy,

I'm thinking about replacing the DiMarzio 36th anni PAF in the bridge of my ES-335 with a Seth Lover. Keep those opinions coming.
eggman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 17th, 2013, 11:23 AM   #9 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

Eggman.

I have a pair of Seth Lovers in my Heritage 535. They nail those old school tones like BB Live at The Regal, Hollywood Fats and Freddie King. With the clarity of the Lovers you can get close to some of those Magic Sam and Otis Rush tones where they were using Epi Rivieras.

If you wanna rock, plug into a Marshall and classic rock tones are there in spades, think Clapton with Cream or use a Tweed Twin and you can nail those From the Cradle tones by Clapton.
JTM45blues is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 18th, 2013, 07:04 PM   #10 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

The Seth is a great pickup, I would also consider the STL-2 Hot Tele Lead pickup. It will still give you all of the Tele character, but will have more midrange than biting treble.The Seth should also match well with the stock neck pickup. Since SD single coils are typically out of phase with Fender singles, you will need to hook up the Duncanís wires in reverse: black will be hot, and white will be ground.
Seymour Duncan Pickups is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 10th, 2013, 02:26 PM   #11 (permalink)
TDPRI Member

So I ended up installing Seth Lovers in both the neck and bridge of my Tele. I love it. It sounds so good!!!! The bridge is nice and classic with some twangy bounce. And the neck is simply clean and smooth. Some have said that since the pickups aren't waxed that they sound a bit muddy. But it's almost as if the longer scale fender necks compensate for that. Because I don't feel like it's muddy at all. Love them and my guitar looks sick!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0623131221-00.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	188699  

Old July 10th, 2013, 02:28 PM   #12 (permalink)
TDPRI Member

And as a side note to answer some of my earlier questions...

There is a specific neck and bridge pup. It was a tinny bit hotter than the neck, so I had to leave the volume for the bridge down. I did originally try a single coil neck and seth lover bridge, and I used a dual 250/500 concentric pot. But since I left my old band, and the single coil was mostly for them, I decided to put two humbuckers in it.