The Creamery...... - Telecaster Guitar Forum
The Number 1 Fender Telecaster Guitar authority in the world.

Go Back   Telecaster Guitar Forum > Other Discussion Forums > Just Pickups
Forgot Username/Password? Join Us!
Notices

Just Pickups Forum for discussing guitar pickups.

Wilde Pickups by Bill & Becky Lawrence WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Amps, Mods, Pedals dallenpickups.com Warmoth.com seymourduncan.com

Forum Jump

Old February 6th, 2013, 08:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

The Creamery......

Anyone check these out from the other side of the Pond?

http://www.at-the-creamery.co.uk/cus...lacements.html

Been looking for a cool 70's Humbucker and you don't have to route anything out like Lollar regals.

How much is that asking price, 236 pounds , in US dollars?

Swampash&Tweed is online now   Reply With Quote

Old February 6th, 2013, 08:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

I think that's somewhere around $375 USD, but don't quote me on that.

Old February 6th, 2013, 09:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
Tele-Holic

At current exchange rates it's about 369 or 370usd. But you're looking at the wrong set if you're looking at the regular Classic 71 set for 236gbp; those are vintage size wide range humbucker size, the same size as the Lollar Regals. If you're looking for a standard humbucker sized set, the Creamery has those too, the Baby 71 set. It's only 164gbp, or around 256 or 257usd at the moment.
And I personally highly recommend the Creamery stuff, Jaime makes great pups. I have both the full size Classic 71's as a set, and a single neck position Baby 71. They all sound great and very much like the original wide range from the 70's; the full size ones more so, but the Baby 71 definitely captures a wide range humbucker vibe in a very good way too - but it is a bit different, close, but definitely different.
hongaku is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links   #
Sponsored posting

Old February 6th, 2013, 10:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
Tele-Holic

Just as a thing.

I put up a video a while back of my partscaster that has a Creamery 71 WRHB in the neck, just to give an idea of how it sounds.
It's lovely with a nice single coil bridge pickup and the four way mod, I feel bad for my strat and Guild, they've been in their cases for a while since I got this.

Excuse the terrible playing,

Youtube demos and anything that springs to mind:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MemorymanDL/feed?filter=2
Freethenoise is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 7th, 2013, 03:52 AM   #5 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by hongaku View Post
At current exchange rates it's about 369 or 370usd. But you're looking at the wrong set if you're looking at the regular Classic 71 set for 236gbp; those are vintage size wide range humbucker size, the same size as the Lollar Regals. If you're looking for a standard humbucker sized set, the Creamery has those too, the Baby 71 set. It's only 164gbp, or around 256 or 257usd at the moment.
And I personally highly recommend the Creamery stuff, Jaime makes great pups. I have both the full size Classic 71's as a set, and a single neck position Baby 71. They all sound great and very much like the original wide range from the 70's; the full size ones more so, but the Baby 71 definitely captures a wide range humbucker vibe in a very good way too - but it is a bit different, close, but definitely different.
Thanks fot that Info! Yeah I think the baby set is the way I might go. But I might change my mind again before I sell my Bogner for the cash. Here is the Thinline body I got for them:

Really looking forward to this project. I really appriciate the help. I just need some money to finish her up.

Can I please see a shot of your two guitars with them installed? Thanks in advance!

Old February 7th, 2013, 04:10 AM   #6 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

Also have you tried any of there Single coil voiced Humbuckers? The Wide-O" Single Coil Voiced Humbuckers look very interesting.

Old February 7th, 2013, 11:13 AM   #7 (permalink)
Tele-Holic

That body looks nice! And to answer your question about the single coil voiced hums, no I haven't tried any of those...yet. One day maybe though.

The two on the left (the white blonde and the inca silver). I've since changed the inca silver one around and it doesn't currently have the Baby 71 in it, but my plan is to get a bridge Baby 71 to match it and throw them in my Les Paul.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GroupShotTele.JPG
Views:	26
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	165404  
hongaku is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 7th, 2013, 03:06 PM   #8 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by hongaku View Post
That body looks nice! And to answer your question about the single coil voiced hums, no I haven't tried any of those...yet. One day maybe though.

The two on the left (the white blonde and the inca silver). I've since changed the inca silver one around and it doesn't currently have the Baby 71 in it, but my plan is to get a bridge Baby 71 to match it and throw them in my Les Paul.
Nice!