Area Hot T: good match for neck HB - Telecaster Guitar Forum
The Number 1 Fender Telecaster Guitar authority in the world.

Go Back   Telecaster Guitar Forum > Other Discussion Forums > Just Pickups
Forgot Username/Password? Join Us!
Notices

Just Pickups Forum for discussing guitar pickups.

Wilde Pickups by Bill & Becky Lawrence WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Amps, Mods, Pedals dallenpickups.com Warmoth.com seymourduncan.com

Forum Jump

Old December 30th, 2012, 11:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

Area Hot T: good match for neck HB

I have a stock 2000 US Fat Tele that I love for its versatility. It just feels like the right guitar in any setting, so much so that it's currently my only electric. But sometimes I'd get frustrated with the difference in output and EQ between the neck HB and the bridge SC (even with the neck pickup dropped very low and bridge raised way up).

A few months back I borrowed a friend's Little 59 bridge pickup. That solved the EQ and output imbalance and sounded nice, but it took away too much Tele for my tastes so out it came.

Acting on a hint, my wife got me a Dimarzio Area Hot T for Xmas. This pickup in this guitar really does the trick for me.
  • It's got plenty of twang without the ice pick
  • I don't have to choose between setting up the amp EQ for the neck or bridge pickups
  • Output is similar for the neck HB and bridge SC so I have some flexibility tweaking pickup heights
There are a bunch of ways to solve this old problem, but the Area Hot T really does it for me.

Ron C is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 30th, 2012, 12:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

Glad you are diggin that pup. I was considering it for my new tele Im building. That or a Jerry Donahue. you should throw up a demo vid so we can check it out. :)
custom/59 is offline   Reply With Quote