Strat middle pickup - Telecaster Guitar Forum
The Number 1 Fender Telecaster Guitar authority in the world.

Go Back   Telecaster Guitar Forum > Other Discussion Forums > Just Pickups
Forgot Username/Password? Join Us!
Notices

Just Pickups Forum for discussing guitar pickups.

Wilde Pickups by Bill & Becky Lawrence WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Amps, Mods, Pedals dallenpickups.com Warmoth.com seymourduncan.com

Forum Jump

Old September 19th, 2009, 04:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Tele-Holic

Strat middle pickup

Hi can anyone help me out. I have a Fender telecaster Koa and i want to put a middle strat pickup in the middle with the 5 way switch to get that strat o tele sound does and one no if the mexico strat one would be good or shoud i use a better middle strat one

gator19482005 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 19th, 2009, 05:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Telefied

I think you've got to do some extensive routing to make that happen on a MIK Koa veneer basswood body Tele.

A stock set of Seymours in that guitar are already noise canceling towards one another - that means any middle pickup will only be noise canceling in possibly one other position; you might wanna have that middle pickup on a separate blend circuit ala Brent Mason in which case I guess I would recommend an Alnico II Strat pickup from Seymour Duncan.

I just converted this American Series to Nashville wiring but it was already routed for a middle pickup since it shares some DNA with the old style American Deluxe. Its neck and bridge pups (Stock AS pups) were never RWRP noise canceling together, but now with a RWRP Tex Mex Strat middle pup, both N + M and M + B are noise canceling:

boris bubbanov is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 19th, 2009, 10:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
Tele-Holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by boris bubbanov View Post
I think you've got to do some extensive routing to make that happen on a MIK Koa veneer basswood body Tele.

A stock set of Seymours in that guitar are already noise canceling towards one another - that means any middle pickup will only be noise canceling in possibly one other position; you might wanna have that middle pickup on a separate blend circuit ala Brent Mason in which case I guess I would recommend an Alnico II Strat pickup from Seymour Duncan.

I just converted this American Series to Nashville wiring but it was already routed for a middle pickup since it shares some DNA with the old style American Deluxe. Its neck and bridge pups (Stock AS pups) were never RWRP noise canceling together, but now with a RWRP Tex Mex Strat middle pup, both N + M and M + B are noise canceling:

Yes i can do a great job in routing it out and i plan to use a 5 way super switch like thats in the james burton black and gold pasiley guitar someone told me that as long as it was reversed wound it will work. I just wanted to no what would be a good pickup. i was looking at the fender 57/62 but i realy want to get that strat sound
gator19482005 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links   #
Sponsored posting