The Number 1 Fender Telecaster Guitar authority in the world.

Go Back   Telecaster Guitar Forum > Owners Clubs > Guitar Owners Clubs
Forgot Username/Password? Join Us!
Notices

Guitar Owners Clubs Here you'll find owners club threads for many different custom guitars and special models from larger manufacturers, too.

Wilde Pickups by Bill & Becky Lawrence WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Amps, Mods, Pedals dallenpickups.com Warmoth.com seymourduncan.com

Forum Jump

Old July 11th, 2013, 11:48 AM   #1 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

Wechter Guitar Owners Club...yep those things!

I love my Wechter Pathmaker 3101 with the three-way pickup system. It has a soundhole pickup, an internal mic, and a piezo undersaddle bridge pickup. I have replaced the undersaddle pickup with a JJ Electronics bridge plate 3 sensor pickup, which plugged into the controls on the guitar, and sounds brilliant! It is a great sounding, flexible, system, and the guitar is a slick playing unit as well. It can be powered by phantom power thru it's XLR input. Played through my Fishman Performer acoustic amp, or straight into my PA, it is a powerful, flexible system for inspiring live acoustic performance (Kinda thin, unplugged tho....). Let's see yours!!

Old July 24th, 2013, 12:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
Poster Extraordinaire

I'm in. I've had my Wechter Nashville-tuned about a year. I'm a little embarrassed to say I have no pictures of my own. I take lousy pictures, so I tend not to try. Maybe someday I'll get the wife's help in photographing this baby. In the meantime, here are some pics borrowed from the Internet of a 2012 NV-5413E, very much like mine.

This is a parlor sized guitar. Mine has the solid cedar top, rosewood b&s, cream bound body and neck, striped ebony fretboard. No cutaway, but with Fishman Presys + electronics. And it has XLR and 1/4" outputs.

Of course the premise behind this guitar is that it is designed for the Nashville tuning. The nut is cut correctly for the string diameters. The neck is set up for relief of a tension with the lighter gauge of strings for the Nashville tuning. The top is thin and lightly braced (with less string tension, a thicker top and heavier bracing aren't necessary). All of this translates into a top that really resonates, and sound that just shimmers.

Additionally, the frets are set up with the Plek pro system, so playability is great and intonation is perfect.

I'm very pleased with this guitar. I actually bought two. The first was w/o electronics, and I loved it. But when Sweetwater had the one with Fishman eletronics on sale, I bought that one and gave my acoustic version to a good friend.

The soon to be famous musician/Cranks out Top 40 tunes in a bar/While his mind is somewhere on vacation/Far away from his voice and guitar
Bob Bennett
LGOberean is online now   Reply With Quote

Old July 27th, 2013, 08:28 AM   #3 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

I've got one of their travel acoustics - I don't remember the model off hand...Spruce top mahogany back/sides, built in pickup/tuner. Awesome little guitar!
dporto is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links   #
Sponsored posting

Old July 27th, 2013, 07:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
Poster Extraordinaire

dporto, some pics would be great.

BTW, does anyone know what's up with Wechter Guitars? At wechterguitars.com, there's nothing but a logo page showing up. I've tried different links about certain models, tried the home/index page, etc., and nothing.

Also, Sweetwater seems to not have them available anymore. At one time, Sweetwater was the principal distributor for Wechter. Then a week or so back, all Wechter models seemed to be on closeout, and now when I search Sweetwater for a particular model, it's "no longer available."

Anybody know an official word on the subject?

The soon to be famous musician/Cranks out Top 40 tunes in a bar/While his mind is somewhere on vacation/Far away from his voice and guitar
Bob Bennett

Old August 5th, 2013, 03:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
Poster Extraordinaire

Update. Still trying to find out what's up with Wechter Guitars.

Checked Sweetwater.com, and they have a Clearance sale on Wechter guitars.

And now when I go to wechterguitars.com, it re-directs to http://abrahamwechter.com, showing only 3 high end guitars: a Florentine Nylon and a Florentine Steel (both $6,500 base price, w/ options extra) and "Our Lady," a guitar custom built for John McLaughlin.

Seems to me like these are indicators that the Wechter budget/midrange MiC guitars are not being made any more. Anyone have some more info on the subject?

Bob Bennett

Old August 14th, 2013, 02:20 AM   #6 (permalink)
Poster Extraordinaire

I guess I should have read the bio page on Abraham Wechter's new site instead of just checking out the custom guitars. He shares a timeline of his life and guitars, including his "next step" of leaving Wechter Guitars and moving to China to open a custom shop. Read about it here:

http://www.abrahamwechter.com/bio.html

Bob Bennett

Old August 15th, 2013, 11:38 AM   #7 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

"In January of 2013 I took the next step, leaving the corporation that still carries my name"

It seems like the company and product are still out there - perhaps just tidying up the details before re-launching the line...?

Old August 17th, 2013, 03:43 AM   #8 (permalink)
Poster Extraordinaire

Well, I hope you're right. But, as I pointed out previously, the URL for wechterguitars.com is not active; it brings up nothing but a logo page, with no word of...well, anything, let alone an announcement saying that they will re-launch on xyz date.

And Sweetwater.com has closed out their stock and are no longer carrying the Wechter brand. If the Wechter company (sans Abe Wechter now) is just re-grouping to re-launch, why would their principal distributor quit the brand and close out all remaining stock?

Bob Bennett

Old August 19th, 2013, 11:11 AM   #9 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

I did a little more research after I posted last, and it looks like they might be gone for good. It's just strange that AW mentions "The Corporation that still carries my name"...ya never know...

Old August 27th, 2013, 11:27 PM   #10 (permalink)
Poster Extraordinaire

Yeah, but then again he made that statement in January. It looks as though "the corporation that still carries [Wechter's] name" decided not to go on without him.

I've been looking on the Internet to see who still has new Wechter guitars for sale. Amazon has 3 models in stock, though they only have one left of the Elite Parlor a/e. They have an undisclosed number of Maple Lake and Nashville-tuned models left. If anyone is even considering the Nashville, I'd say jump on it now before they're gone. I love mine.

Oh, and there are also some eBay sellers that say they have new Wechters for sale. Caveat emptor.

Now as for buying used, there are more options. The aforementioned eBay has sellers listing used models. Last I looked, Elderly had one, and GC had six.

Bob Bennett