Sigma Guitar Owners Club - Telecaster Guitar Forum
The Number 1 Fender Telecaster Guitar authority in the world.

Go Back   Telecaster Guitar Forum > Owners Clubs > Guitar Owners Clubs
Forgot Username/Password? Join Us!
Notices

Guitar Owners Clubs Here you'll find owners club threads for many different custom guitars and special models from larger manufacturers, too.

Wilde Pickups by Bill & Becky Lawrence WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Amps, Mods, Pedals dallenpickups.com Warmoth.com seymourduncan.com

Forum Jump

Old July 11th, 2013, 11:25 AM   #1 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

Sigma Guitar Owners Club

I have loved and cherished my 1985 Martin Sigma HDR-28HC acoustic since I laid eyes on it at Chuck Levin's in Wheaton, MD. i quickly made the deal and brought it home. It is a rare top of the line, solid wood, made in Japan model. a blues and bluegrass cannon! Let's see your wannabe Martins!

Old July 24th, 2013, 11:03 AM   #2 (permalink)
TDPRI Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twintwelve View Post
I have loved and cherished my 1985 Martin Sigma HDR-28HC acoustic since I laid eyes on it at Chuck Levin's in Wheaton, MD. i quickly made the deal and brought it home. It is a rare top of the line, solid wood, made in Japan model. a blues and bluegrass cannon! Let's see your wannabe Martins!
Are they an official dealer? Dying to get my hands on a Sigma mahogany 000! No desire to drive to Nazareth PA though.
KtownRock is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 24th, 2013, 12:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

Mine is a 1980 MIJ D10 Anniversary model (100 made) that I bought from a friend back in the eighties. He's still cursing the day he sold it to me. I know this sounds crazy but I spent a whole lot of money on a Martin DC Aura and a Taylor 810 and never could bond with them the way I have with this one. I eventually sold the Martin and the Taylor but the Sigma ain't going anywhere.

Quote from Widipedia:

In 1980 Sigma produced 100 D-10 Anniversary guitars to commemorate 10 years of Sigma production in Japan. The D-10 has solid mahogany sides and back, solid select spruce top, rosewood fingerboard with diamond and square position markers, mother of pearl band stating "Anniversary" between the 19th and 20th fret, tortoiseshell type pickguard and binding, and close-ratio tuning machines.[19] Regarding this guitar, Sigma enthusiast Sterling Webb stated "...equip one of these with a brass or ivory saddle, ebony bridge pins and medium strings and you can hunt down D-18s in the heaviest brush and stomp them to death...it's a very loud and impressive guitar!"

Beachbum is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links   #
Sponsored posting

Old December 14th, 2013, 08:16 AM   #4 (permalink)
TDPRI Member

I bought an old Korean Sigma DM2 off ebay for 50 quid. It had a bit of damage which I repaired. I also changed the nut and saddle for bone and restrung it with Elixir 11's.
It's one of the best sounding guitars I've ever owned, warm, mellow and extremely loud.
I was thinking about buying a Taylor 110, but when I played them back to back, the Sigma sounded as good, if not slightly better. My mate in the local guitar shop agreed. I'm just about to re-fret it and fit a Fishman.
If you spend some time setting them up, the old Japanese and Korean Sigmas take some beating for the money.
198? Sigma DM2
Savinatele is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 14th, 2013, 08:22 AM   #5 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

A friend of mine has a Chinese made Sigma, with some worn strings and tuned to Eb it sounds amazing for blues! I wouldn't say my Martin DX-1 is a better player. The finish is kinda sticky though on the Sigma but that's all to complain about i think. Plus it's made out of real wood all the way, my Martin is mainly laminated, except for the top.
LennartB is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 15th, 2013, 05:33 AM   #6 (permalink)
TDPRI Member

Ive only just discovered Sigmas and now I have gas for the 000-28V.........
ogion is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 15th, 2013, 05:53 AM   #7 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

I picked this D-41 up a couple of months back. It had literally just come in to the local music store as a trade-in, and I saw it on the stand, and it seemed pretty decent, although needing a good clean and a little truss-rod tweak and drop the saddle a bit. I bought it for what seemed a reasonable price, and only then found out there was a hard case with it!

Cleaned up and adjusted, it is quite a sweet guitar. Hard to get an exact date on it, but it's a Korean model from around the early eighties.

Ron Garson is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 15th, 2013, 06:13 AM   #8 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

Bought a Korean one in the 80's, sold it in the 90's. Regretted it ever since. Had a lovely comfortable neck.
Armo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 15th, 2013, 10:26 AM   #9 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

A have a late 80's Korean DR35, nice guitar, compared side by side with a friend's Martin D35 it accounted itself pretty well.
tele12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 15th, 2013, 11:17 AM   #10 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

I have a 30 year old Sigma DM18.Id never part with it

fakeocaster
fakeocaster is offline   Reply With Quote