EMG owners - Telecaster Guitar Forum
The Number 1 Fender Telecaster Guitar authority in the world.

Go Back   Telecaster Guitar Forum > Owners Clubs > Guitar Owners Clubs
Forgot Username/Password? Join Us!

Guitar Owners Clubs Here you'll find owners club threads for many different custom guitars and special models from larger manufacturers, too.

Wilde Pickups by Bill & Becky Lawrence WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Amps, Mods, Pedals dallenpickups.com Warmoth.com seymourduncan.com

Forum Jump

Old April 18th, 2013, 10:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

EMG owners

Alright guys, over on Strat-Talk, i started a Strats with EMG's club a while back. Its only appropriate that we have one here. Plus, im thinking of building a tele soon that is loosely based off of Jim Roots tele. So, who here has a tele (or any guitar) with EMGs in it. Lets see em. I used to, but this strat has gotten a major makeover since this pic was taken.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130418_222241.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	176879  

bug10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 18th, 2013, 10:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

Old April 18th, 2013, 11:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Tele-Holic

2000 American Series Strat, SS 6105 frets, EMG S neck and mid, EMG SA bridge, SPC and EXG tone controls... totally sick. Wish I could play the darn thing.

Last edited by wmsimpson; April 19th, 2013 at 12:10 AM.
wmsimpson is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links   #
Sponsored posting

Old April 18th, 2013, 11:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
Doctor of Teleocity

Rat parts caster: 80s US Kramer ee-S3 body, has a Schecter neck these days, not the one in the picture.

EMG-T Neck and Bridge, EMG Strat Ceramic in the middle, forget what the designation is. It is the most Strat and Tele in one guitar I have codbled together. And I have cobble Strats to sound like Teles, and used Strat pickups in the neck and middle on Teles countless times.

The bridge pickup is in the middle position on the switch, so it has more tele positions than strat. But the bridge/middle position is full on Strat quack, and the middle alone is full on Strat middle.

I threw it together to try out the EMGs, and just left it as is cause it plays and sounds good to me. ;)

One day I may cut a new PG to follow the bout correctly, that guard came with the body so I cobbled with it.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	00-S5031143.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	176894  

Old April 19th, 2013, 01:16 AM   #5 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

A Contemporary body partscaster, a Japanese E series, and now a Valley Arts, all with DG-20 EMGs.

Here's the first 2 - can't beat the sound - it's SO nice to have tone controls that do more than sound like you stuck a mattress in front of your amp.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	redstrats.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	176900  
CarStrats is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 19th, 2013, 07:20 AM   #6 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

Neat. What set is it? And what guitar is that? I like the control plate.

Old April 19th, 2013, 07:22 AM   #7 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmsimpson View Post
2000 American Series Strat, SS 6105 frets, EMG S neck and mid, EMG SA bridge, SPC and EXG tone controls... totally sick. Wish I could play the darn thing.
Sweeeet. What exactly do the SPC and EXG do? I wanna use a boost or some little gizmo in my tele. Just to kinda change things up. Im thinking about using the Afterburner.

Old April 19th, 2013, 07:23 AM   #8 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by robt57 View Post
Rat parts caster: 80s US Kramer ee-S3 body, has a Schecter neck these days, not the one in the picture.

EMG-T Neck and Bridge, EMG Strat Ceramic in the middle, forget what the designation is. It is the most Strat and Tele in one guitar I have codbled together. And I have cobble Strats to sound like Teles, and used Strat pickups in the neck and middle on Teles countless times.

The bridge pickup is in the middle position on the switch, so it has more tele positions than strat. But the bridge/middle position is full on Strat quack, and the middle alone is full on Strat middle.

I threw it together to try out the EMGs, and just left it as is cause it plays and sounds good to me. ;)

One day I may cut a new PG to follow the bout correctly, that guard came with the body so I cobbled with it.
That is.awesome. I would love to hear that thing in action. Looks real nice too.

Old April 19th, 2013, 07:24 AM   #9 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarStrats View Post
A Contemporary body partscaster, a Japanese E series, and now a Valley Arts, all with DG-20 EMGs.

Here's the first 2 - can't beat the sound - it's SO nice to have tone controls that do more than sound like you stuck a mattress in front of your amp.
Did you post those over on the EMG club on ST? I thought i remember seeing those.

Old April 19th, 2013, 10:34 AM   #10 (permalink)
Tele-Holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bug10 View Post
Sweeeet. What exactly do the SPC and EXG do? I wanna use a boost or some little gizmo in my tele. Just to kinda change things up. Im thinking about using the Afterburner.
From EMG Website:

SPC - "Strat Presence Control" is often called the fat control. The original intent of the SPC was to turn the tone of a single-coil pickup into a dual-coil. This is accomplished by boosting the gain in a broad mid-band fashion and reducing the highs. The result is a fatter, louder tone from any single coil pickup, but you can also use it on a humbucking to give you a high output, really fat tone that's great for slide guitar.

EXG - For flexibility in tone at your fingertips there is no better choice than the EXG Guitar Expander. The frequency response of the EXG is similar to normal guitar amp equalization. The lows and highs are boosted while the midrange is dipped out. The EXG is great for creating a fuller tone that doesn't get muddy, while keeping it clean and clear, letting your guitar stand out in the mix.

Old April 19th, 2013, 11:30 PM   #11 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

i have a few.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	100_4253.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	177005   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_4258.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	177006  

Old April 20th, 2013, 06:33 PM   #12 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by giginthesky View Post
i have a few.
You sir should be endorsed. What's the specs on the blue one with a single humbucker? That one keeps catching my eye.

Old April 20th, 2013, 10:47 PM   #13 (permalink)
Doctor of Teleocity

Quote:
That is.awesome. I would love to hear that thing in action. Looks real nice too.

It is a good playing guitar, thanks for the nod.

Old April 20th, 2013, 10:58 PM   #14 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

1987 Jackson superstrat one of the last runs at the original San Dimas CA factory
edit: lol just took it out, haven't played it in some time, popped the high e string. Dam I hate changing strings on my floyd guitars

Old April 21st, 2013, 07:19 AM   #15 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead1972 View Post
1987 Jackson superstrat one of the last runs at the original San Dimas CA factory
edit: lol just took it out, haven't played it in some time, popped the high e string. Dam I hate changing strings on my floyd guitars
That is a perfect 80s guitar. Haha. Ive always wanted something with a floyd. If i had 800+ to drop on a new guitar, i would get one of the new strat plus tops with a maple neck and a floyd.

Old April 21st, 2013, 10:33 AM   #16 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

Quote:
That is a perfect 80s guitar. Haha. Ive always wanted something with a floyd. If i had 800+ to drop on a new guitar, i would get one of the new strat plus tops with a maple neck and a floyd.
The best part is I got it from a friend for a set of standard nissan steel wheels and tires that I had laying around in the shed about 12 years ago.

Old April 21st, 2013, 12:04 PM   #17 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

Quote:
The best part is I got it from a friend for a set of standard nissan steel wheels and tires that I had laying around in the shed about 12 years ago.
That is awesome.

Old April 21st, 2013, 12:19 PM   #18 (permalink)
Doctor of Teleocity

Quote:
Invokes some early Dinky lust for me.

Old April 21st, 2013, 02:00 PM   #19 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

I bought a "J.D. Telecaster" which was the japanese version of the custom shops "Jerry Donahue Telecaster".I liked the neck and the black body with binding.It was also routed for a Tele bridge pickup and a Strat neck pickup.I thought that the japanese pickups were weak and I badly needed a guitar that I could use with my computer.This was before the flat-screen monitors.I bought an EMG RT bridge pickup and an EMG SV Strat pickup.It sounded fine with no hum.I have left it like this because it is a good guitar both in look,playability and sound.Maybe I will add a SPC one day.
limbe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 21st, 2013, 02:09 PM   #20 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

hey bug10, that's a japan strat that i had WD make a custom guard for. it's an emg 81. it turned out sounding way better than i expected, too!