Jerry Jones Owners Club - Telecaster Guitar Forum
The Number 1 Fender Telecaster Guitar authority in the world.

Go Back   Telecaster Guitar Forum > Owners Clubs > Guitar Owners Clubs
Forgot Username/Password? Join Us!

Guitar Owners Clubs Here you'll find owners club threads for many different custom guitars and special models from larger manufacturers, too.

Wilde Pickups by Bill & Becky Lawrence WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Amps, Mods, Pedals Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com seymourduncan.com

Forum Jump

Old November 22nd, 2011, 08:42 AM   #1 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

Jerry Jones Owners Club

I reckon these things are great. I only found out about them about a month before JJ retired and by the time I'd saved enough for one they had all sold out . This one came up for sale locally and I jumped on it.

After a couple of gigs I got very tired of having to roll one volume on and another off to change pickups and have installed a toggle switch. Its much more user friendly now!

So who else has one???? Let's see some pictures!

blargfromspace is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 22nd, 2011, 09:02 AM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Doctor of Teleocity

Good score.

I always wanted one of his double cut-aways but never got one.

jkingma is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 22nd, 2011, 09:34 AM   #3 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

Looks rad! I've never heard of them; shame they're shutting down.
AirBagTester is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links   #
Sponsored posting

Old November 25th, 2011, 06:57 AM   #4 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirBagTester View Post
Looks rad! I've never heard of them; shame they're shutting down.
IS rad! And they're shut down now, no more are being made ever.
blargfromspace is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 25th, 2011, 07:19 AM   #5 (permalink)
Banned
Friend of Leo's

The only time I've ever seen one of those was when Alex Schultz played in London with The Mighty Flyers (Rod Piazza's band) over 20 years ago. He had (I think) a turquoise one with 3 lipstick pickups, & it sounded like a slightly fatter version of a Strat. The guitar was good, Alex was amazing!

He told me in the break that it was a Jerry Jones take on an old Danelectro. They were made in Nashville, right?
stratman323 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 30th, 2012, 02:00 AM   #6 (permalink)
TDPRI Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratman323 View Post
The only time I've ever seen one of those was when Alex Schultz played in London with The Mighty Flyers (Rod Piazza's band) over 20 years ago. He had (I think) a turquoise one with 3 lipstick pickups, & it sounded like a slightly fatter version of a Strat. The guitar was good, Alex was amazing!

He told me in the break that it was a Jerry Jones take on an old Danelectro. They were made in Nashville, right?
New York or Chicago, I think. The new ones since 1998 are Korean, and the exact copy versions are as affordable, toneful and cool as the '50s and '60s originals IMO!

A Fender Precision Bass player for years, my new love is the Dano Longhorn model. Strange looking but featherweight, and the lipstick pickups work their magic on four fat strings as well as they do on six-string geetars.
sub006 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 13th, 2013, 08:43 PM   #7 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

I agree that it's too bad they stoped making these. I like the old Danoelectros, and the JJ's were an improvement. Nobody took over the business?
rockinstephen is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 13th, 2013, 08:51 PM   #8 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

I just missed a beautiful 3 pickup Neptune at my local vintage shop last year for $700.00. Played it, went home to mull it over and by the next day it was gone. I'd love to own one some day, not too many of them come up on Ebay but I keep looking.
Lowbassnotes is online now   Reply With Quote

Old March 14th, 2013, 02:00 AM   #9 (permalink)
Poster Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by blargfromspace View Post
I reckon these things are great. I only found out about them about a month before JJ retired and by the time I'd saved enough for one they had all sold out . This one came up for sale locally and I jumped on it.

After a couple of gigs I got very tired of having to roll one volume on and another off to change pickups and have installed a toggle switch. Its much more user friendly now!

So who else has one???? Let's see some pictures!
The owner of the Dallas Cowboys made guitars?!?

Boy, that Jerry does TV, Pepsi, pizza, football...and now guitars! He's into everything!

The soon to be famous musician/Cranks out Top 40 tunes in a bar/While his mind is somewhere on vacation/Far away from his voice and guitar
Bob Bennett
LGOberean is online now   Reply With Quote

Old March 14th, 2013, 02:08 AM   #10 (permalink)
Poster Extraordinaire

According to this website...

http://www.jerryjonesguitars.com/

Quote:
Hello,
As of April 2011, Jerry Jones is retired and the Nashville factory is now closed. Most all the tools, parts, and machinery were sold at auction last spring. There is no remaining inventory, but If you are interested, there may still be a few instruments available though the dealers, noted with an asterisk (*) on our "Dealers" page.

Also, just wanted to take a moment to say thanks to all the dealers and players that have supported us through the years. Without you, our effort would never have been possible.

In the future, I'll try to post some factory photos and information as well as support documents, like schematics and part sources.

Thanks again and hope to see you in the future.
Jerry
Pics can still be found on that website, but here's a few much needed pics for this thread...

JJ original Shorthorn 3 pup, JJ original SingleCut 2 pup, "Dolphin Nose" SingleCut 2 pup, respectively.

The soon to be famous musician/Cranks out Top 40 tunes in a bar/While his mind is somewhere on vacation/Far away from his voice and guitar
Bob Bennett
LGOberean is online now   Reply With Quote

Old March 20th, 2013, 10:26 PM   #11 (permalink)
TDPRI Member

I have a 12 string single cut JJ. A major step over a Dano.
rdeeno is offline   Reply With Quote