Rosewood club - Telecaster Guitar Forum
The Number 1 Fender Telecaster Guitar authority in the world.

Go Back   Telecaster Guitar Forum > Owners Clubs > Guitar Owners Clubs
Forgot Username/Password? Join Us!
Notices

Guitar Owners Clubs Here you'll find owners club threads for many different custom guitars and special models from larger manufacturers, too.

Wilde Pickups by Bill & Becky Lawrence WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Amps, Mods, Pedals dallenpickups.com Warmoth.com seymourduncan.com

Forum Jump

Old June 17th, 2009, 05:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
Poster Extraordinaire

Rosewood club

Bring 'em on . Fender and others . Mine .
How many are out there ?

otterhound is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 17th, 2009, 05:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Doctor of Teleocity

Y'all must be sick of seeing this one by now!! Warmoth body and neck, Callaham hardware, Fralins and 4 way. Sweet!

Old June 18th, 2009, 01:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
Poster Extraordinaire

Boy, I'd like to be a member of this club. I just can't swing it right now. I love the look of Rosewood Teles. George Harrison's RW was a big influence on me, the first Tele to be seen by me as a guitar that could Rock.

The soon to be famous musician/Cranks out Top 40 tunes in a bar/While his mind is somewhere on vacation/Far away from his voice and guitar
Bob Bennett
LGOberean is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links   #
Sponsored posting

Old June 18th, 2009, 04:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
Poster Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishBluesBoy View Post
Y'all must be sick of seeing this one by now!! Warmoth body and neck, Callaham hardware, Fralins and 4 way. Sweet!

Not at all, BBB. That's a very nice pic of a beautiful guitar. I'm nowhere near tired of seeing it.

BTW, how do those Fralin pups compare to Fender's?

The soon to be famous musician/Cranks out Top 40 tunes in a bar/While his mind is somewhere on vacation/Far away from his voice and guitar
Bob Bennett

Old June 19th, 2009, 12:29 AM   #5 (permalink)
TDPRI Member

And how much did it cost to put all that together? Looks really nice. I love the rosewood tele's but the Fender customs are a bit out of my range....

Paul
pcypert is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 19th, 2009, 01:00 AM   #6 (permalink)
Doctor of Teleocity

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGOberean View Post
Not at all, BBB. That's a very nice pic of a beautiful guitar. I'm nowhere near tired of seeing it.

BTW, how do those Fralin pups compare to Fender's?
Thanks man, I'm kinda fond of it myself

The Fralins are stunning. Absolutely gorgeous pickups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcypert View Post
And how much did it cost to put all that together? Looks really nice. I love the rosewood tele's but the Fender customs are a bit out of my range....

Paul
I can't remember exactly how much but I think it was around $1500 - $1600 or so and worth every penny...

Old June 19th, 2009, 05:10 AM   #7 (permalink)
TDPRI Member

Also, since we're on the subject, how thick is the gloss or overcoat on that body? It looks pretty shiny but not sure if thats just the camera technique or the body...

Paul
pcypert is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 19th, 2009, 10:07 AM   #8 (permalink)
Doctor of Teleocity

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcypert View Post
Also, since we're on the subject, how thick is the gloss or overcoat on that body? It looks pretty shiny but not sure if thats just the camera technique or the body...

Paul
Not thick at all but nice and shiny...

Old June 22nd, 2009, 02:45 PM   #9 (permalink)
Poster Extraordinaire

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcypert
Paul
I can't remember exactly how much but I think it was around $1500 - $1600 or so and worth every penny...[/QUOTE]

I think I may check with Bob Logan and see what he'd charge for a RW Tele. I've had him build 2 Teles for me already (a mahogany solid body and an Alder Thinline). I'm sure this would qualify as being one of his "higher end" builds, but even so I'm guessing it would be in the price range you speak of. Certainly cheaper than a used MIJ or a FMIC Custom Shop RI.

Bob Bennett

Old June 24th, 2009, 06:12 PM   #10 (permalink)
Poster Extraordinaire

As I said before, George Harrison's RW Tele was a big influence on me, and so I thought this thread needed some pictures of George and that famous Tele.

Bob Bennett

Old June 27th, 2009, 04:34 PM   #11 (permalink)
Poster Extraordinaire

Okay, as a follow-up to my earlier post (#9 above), I have a query in to Bob Logan to see if he would do a RW Tele, and if so, what it would cost. When I hear back from him, I can post the information here or reply to any PM queries for the info.

However, after the idea of querying Bob about this came to me, we became victims of Murphy's Law. The A/C in my wife’s car is going out, and we’re seriously considering that it may just be time to get her a new car. It’s a 2000 Saturn L series with 165,000+ miles in 9 years.

So at this point, whatever reply I get from Bob will be academic. For the foreseeable futre, I’m not in the market for one personally.

Maybe someone should start a thread about why bad things happen to perfectly good plans for guitar purchases.

Bob Bennett

Old June 27th, 2009, 07:30 PM   #12 (permalink)
Poster Extraordinaire

It isn't only related to guitar purchases , my friend . When things like what you are describing happen to me , I have learned that I am usually headed the right direction . Truly good things rarely come without sacrifice and easily . I , for one , am pulling for ya all the way . If you truly want it to happen , you will find the way . I want to see some pics of your 'Rosie' when you get her . Welcome associate member .
otterhound is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 28th, 2009, 04:06 PM   #13 (permalink)
Poster Extraordinaire

Thanks, otterhound. Well, I certainly would like to find a way to own a Rosewood Tele. I just don't know how quickly I can move from "Associate Member" on to full fledged membership status.

I had Bob Logan build me a Tele last year, and bought his prototype "Logo" Thinline just this past April. So selling my tolerant but perplexed wife on the idea of a RW build this soon would probably be a chore even without the automotive woes facing us.

BTW, "Rosie" = Rosewood Tele. I like it. I don't know if you coined that particular appellation, but I like it.

I also like the "Associate Member" status conferred upon me as a RW Tele owner wanna be.

P.S. Is anyone else surprised that AjayTele hasn't chimed in here yet?

Bob Bennett

Old June 29th, 2009, 01:44 PM   #14 (permalink)
Poster Extraordinaire

Okay, about Bob Logan and Rosewood Teles, I heard back from him over the weekend, but haven’t been able to post about it before now.

Bob has been “thinking of building a rosewood body for some time now.” Locating the material to do the body has been an issue.

Quote:
“I have been having a hard time finding 8/4 material to do a solid body. I can get 4/4 material to do a semi hollow body with bookmatched veneers. It’s quite expensive, but no more than the zebra wood.”
Of course, pickups for such a build would be a matter of choice. Bob uses maple necks, so he talked about either doing one using “a maple neck with a rosewood board” or checking into a solid Rosewood neck.

Bob hasn’t set any price on such a build, but as I said before, I’m guessing that it would be no more than his other higher end offerings, which so far have been in the $1,200 - $1,600 range. Certainly a viable and affordable option to consider, IMHO.

Bob Bennett

Old July 7th, 2009, 03:57 AM   #15 (permalink)
Poster Extraordinaire

Quote:
As I said before, George Harrison's RW Tele was a big influence on me, and so I thought this thread needed some pictures of George and that famous Tele.

The still shots I posted earlier are nice, as far as they go, but I think we need to see George's Rosewood in action. When I think of that guitar, I think of two songs: "Let It Be" and "Get Back."

George's solo work in "Let It Be" is just so tasty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tA9e4...eature=related

George rockin' out on his RW Tele in "Get Back" is just classic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtUgr...eature=related

Bob Bennett

Old August 26th, 2009, 12:10 AM   #16 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishBluesBoy View Post

I won't tire of looking at this. How much does it weigh BBB?

Old August 26th, 2009, 10:09 AM   #17 (permalink)
Doctor of Teleocity

Quote:
Originally Posted by telechaser View Post
I won't tire of looking at this. How much does it weigh BBB?
Hey Mate,
Honestly I've never weighed it but as the body is chambered it's really not heavy at all...

Old August 26th, 2009, 11:34 AM   #18 (permalink)
Tele-Holic

ive done these pics to death but never on the rosewood club page!

so here you go!

MIJ (late 80's) Rosewood Tele with bigsby and Bill Lawrence one off's...

mr newhaven is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 26th, 2009, 11:35 AM   #19 (permalink)
Tele-Holic

before my Ron Kirn Barnbuster...this was my FAVORITE tele...now it shares its time with me...
mr newhaven is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 27th, 2009, 06:37 AM   #20 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

Quote:
P.S. Is anyone else surprised that AjayTele hasn't chimed in here yet?
I guess that would be because I hadn't seen the thread yet!

Maybe we should start with the family shot and go from there?

The Rosewood Tele Family

L2R:

1969 Rosewood, CS John Cruz Masterbuilt Harrison Replica Rosewood, CS Teambuilt Limited Release 2007 Closet Classic Rosewood, MIJ Rosewood 1, MIJ Rosewood 2, CIJ (full) Rosewood, CIJ (Veneer) Rosewood, MIM (veneer) Rosewood.
AjayTele is offline   Reply With Quote