Logan Custom Guitars Club - Telecaster Guitar Forum
The Number 1 Fender Telecaster Guitar authority in the world.

Go Back   Telecaster Guitar Forum > Owners Clubs > Guitar Owners Clubs
Forgot Username/Password? Join Us!
Notices

Guitar Owners Clubs Here you'll find owners club threads for many different custom guitars and special models from larger manufacturers, too.

Wilde Pickups by Bill & Becky Lawrence WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Amps, Mods, Pedals dallenpickups.com Warmoth.com seymourduncan.com

Forum Jump

Old March 3rd, 2009, 11:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Poster Extraordinaire

Logan Custom Guitars Club

I got the idea from bluesmanmartin, who started a thread forming the “Bill Nash Club” this past Saturday.

When I saw that, I realized that I’ve seen on this forum all manner of such “clubs,” ones that deal with different makes (e.g., Fender, Squier, Nash, Hohner), models (e.g., AV52RI, HWY1, Baja, CV) and features (e.g., blackguards, colors, bindings, leftys).

Well, as many of you know, I am a fan of Logan Custom Guitars. So to me, in the context of all these clubs for fans of CVs, Bajas, AV52RIs, Nash guitars, ad infinitum, it just makes sense to start a Logan Custom Guitars Club, and so I am.

This will be a thread for the Logan owners on this list. In this thread, I suggest we post three kinds of messages. By that I’m not trying to make my own rules for this thread or dictate to others what they must post. I’m simply suggesting that we cover the three following broad categories: show & tell (i.e., pics & descriptions), sound clips and stories (interactions with Bob or other owners, reviews, gigs involving your Logan Custom).

The soon to be famous musician/Cranks out Top 40 tunes in a bar/While his mind is somewhere on vacation/Far away from his voice and guitar
Bob Bennett
LGOberean is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 3rd, 2009, 11:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Former Member
Friend of Leo's

I am not an owner, but I think it's a great idea. I think it also keeps the builder on his toes for continued quality since the spotlight will be on his Marque.

I have the feeling that one day I will own a Logan and have it spected to my sinful pleasing.
musicmatty is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 4th, 2009, 12:00 AM   #3 (permalink)
Tele-Holic

Larry my friend....i really like this idea....and since i own a logan tele and a logan bass....i want to upload the pics and show everyone just how good Bob is at making them

Sanford
telecaster man is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links   #
Sponsored posting

Old March 4th, 2009, 12:15 AM   #4 (permalink)
Poster Extraordinaire

Quote:
I am not an owner, but I think it's a great idea. I think it also keeps the builder on his toes for continued quality since the spotlight will be on his Marque.

I have the feeling that one day I will own a Logan and have it spected to my sinful pleasing.
musicmatty

Thanks for posting, I appreciate your comments. And I believe your observation about this thread having the potential to keep Bob "on his toes" in a QC sense is probably right on. I believe Bob's goal is to achieve the highest quality possible with every build, but I"ll bet an outside source of accountability will help.

I know I strive for excellence in the things I do, but there are times when I slack off a bit. I definitely need accountability and, at times, a good old fashioned kick in the butt.

Anyway, thanks again for posting. And if or when you pull the trigger on a Logan, we will all look forward to your reviews and comments as well.

The soon to be famous musician/Cranks out Top 40 tunes in a bar/While his mind is somewhere on vacation/Far away from his voice and guitar
Bob Bennett

Old March 4th, 2009, 12:20 AM   #5 (permalink)
Poster Extraordinaire

Quote:
Larry my friend....i really like this idea....and since i own a logan tele and a logan bass....i want to upload the pics and show everyone just how good Bob is at making them
Sanford

Hey, Sanford, glad you like the idea. Yeah, your Logan Tele & bass are both things of beauty. Look forward to your sharing those pics in this thread. And like I've said in the emails I've sent you, if you need any help deciphering the instructions for uploading and posting pics, just let me know.

Bob Bennett

Old March 4th, 2009, 12:34 AM   #6 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

Well Count me in

Pics First, I know most have seen this but here they are

Northern Ash, Wilkinson pickups and Bridge, Modern C Neck 9.5 radius board, Maple Neck, Medium Jumbo Frets

no sound clips yet but all my dealing w/ Bob has been great. Hes a straight shooter and he strives to make the customer happy w/ his guitars. Hes very straight forward andive had great dealings w/ him.

havnt taken it to any jams yet but ill likely take it this thursday.
littlewing6283 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 4th, 2009, 12:51 AM   #7 (permalink)
Poster Extraordinaire

Four words, littlewing: BEE-YOU-TEE-FULL!!!

I know I said that the first time I saw those pics, but that Tele is worthy of my repeating that praise. I like the C.A.R. Teles with white PGs, but your Coral Red Logan Tele is the hands-down winner in the red Tele category, IMO. I know someone suggested that they'd like to see that beauty with a black PG, and normally I'm a blackguard fan. But my advice, FWIW...don't change a thing!

If you take her out this Thursday, please give us a report here about her performance and recption.

Bob Bennett

Old March 4th, 2009, 07:18 AM   #8 (permalink)
Poster Extraordinaire

I want to post a message here about my own Logan Custom Tele, but first I think I'll just post some pics of her. And yes, I have posted them before, but they certainly are appropriate here.

And as they say, a picture is worth...well, you know. So here is 4,000 words worth of visual communication, to be followed in a not too distant future post by the specs and the back story.

Bob Bennett

Old March 4th, 2009, 10:06 AM   #9 (permalink)
TDPRI Member

Hey gang,

These pictures are getting tired so I will have to take some new ones, but here is my Logan, I love this guitar.

I'll update this post with some newer photos when I get a chance.
Noname is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 4th, 2009, 11:35 AM   #10 (permalink)
Poster Extraordinaire

Quote:
These pictures are getting tired so I will have to take some new ones, but here is my Logan, I love this guitar.
Noname
Sorry to hear these pictures are getting tired...'cuz I'm sure not tired of seeing them!

Even though the blackguard lover in me would like to see her with a blackguard, that is a purdy Tele.

Looking forward to your updates.

Bob Bennett

Old March 4th, 2009, 02:29 PM   #11 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

I own a Logan. I love it. It's a T style. My favorite guitar . It plays great.
TCASTJOE is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 4th, 2009, 02:32 PM   #12 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

[/IMG]

My Logan
TCASTJOE is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 4th, 2009, 05:38 PM   #13 (permalink)
Poster Extraordinaire

Quote:
I own a Logan. I love it. It's a T style. My favorite guitar . It plays great.
TCASTJOE

Hey, Joe (boy, THAT has a familiar ring to it ). I am assuming that TCASTJOE is a reference to a Telecaster owner/player named Joe. Anyway, welcome. I haven't bumped into you on this list before. It's nice to meet a new (to me) TDPRI member and Logan owner.

Your pic doesn't show up on my browser. I assume it's the "Natural' in your gallery of pics. BTW, is there a reason why all 11 of your pics were uploaded in avatar size? It's pretty hard to tell much of anything about them at that size, especially for my old eyes.

I'd sure like to learn more about you and your Logan Tele. Again, thanks for posting and welcome.

Bob Bennett

Old March 4th, 2009, 06:05 PM   #14 (permalink)
TDPRI Member

Another Logan Custom Fan

Sorry guys, I have to admit that I don't frequent this great forum as often as I should but wanted to state that I'm a huge fan of Bob Logan and his Custom guitars. He built a red coral finished swamp ash bodied maple/maple neck tele for me a month or so ago. The work on my guitar was impeccable as was his personal/business dealings with me. You couldn't ask for a better price or better quality parts and top workmanship.

My new Logan Custom Tele is my main "go-to" guitar now idling my two Fender Jags, G&L ASAT and Fender Standard Tele with SD Vintage PU's. Judging from the guitar that he built for me, I highly recommend him now especially after some manufacturers have "slapped us in the face" with a substancial price increase. I'll be ordering another Logan Custom Tele later this summer or early fall. Same light weight swamp ash body in his red coral finish with a rosewood board.

Someday I'll learn how to post a pic of it.
riverrat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 4th, 2009, 08:26 PM   #15 (permalink)
Tele-Holic

KOOL..

I'm in,, I will get pictures of mine tonigh (yea yea,, I've been saying that,, but really I will...)
slickschoppers is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 5th, 2009, 12:20 AM   #16 (permalink)
Poster Extraordinaire

Well! Noname, telecaster man (Sanford), TCASTJOE, riverrat and slickschoppers are all trying to post or promising to post new pics of their Logans. If they all make good on those intentions, we’re gonna have a flood of new pics of Logans. And that’s something worth checking back for, if you ask me!

Shoot, if they can do it, so can I. As soon as I can get my hands on my wife’s new camera, I’ll post some new pics of my Tele, too!

Bob Bennett

Old March 5th, 2009, 10:27 AM   #17 (permalink)
Poster Extraordinaire

I promised specs and the back story on my mahogany Logan Tele, but at this point I just have a quick minute, so I’ll just post the specs, from the headstock down. I'll also include a pic in this post, so you can easily see what I'm describing.

The tuning machines are gold, as are the rest of the appointments on the guitar. I believe those sealed tuners are Wilkinsons. The neck and board are Birdseye Maple with an amber tint, a "beefy" modern "C" with a 9.5 radius, with 21 medium jumbo frets and nitro finish.

The body is made of mahogany, as I said, and is stained “Darkened Mahogany.” She has a 3-ply B/W/B pickguard.

The neck pup is a Wilkinson P-90 with a black cover, so except for the pole pieces and the screws, there is a black-on-black thing happening there that has kind of a stealth pup or Esquire-esque look.

The bridge pup is also a Wilkinson, set in a gold plated Wilkinson vintage style bridge, with the 3 saddles.

The gold control panel sports the 3-way switching.

Bob Bennett

Last edited by LGOberean; March 5th, 2009 at 12:39 PM.

Old March 5th, 2009, 10:58 AM   #18 (permalink)
TDPRI Member

Logan Custom Guitar

With crossed fingers, maybe just maybe ..............we'll see a pic ! Many thanks to my wife's help on this, too ! LOL

Click image for larger version

Name:	Red Coral Logan.jpg
Views:	623
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	21686 Glenn
riverrat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 5th, 2009, 11:02 AM   #19 (permalink)
Tele-Holic

ARRGG!!

I got my pictures taken last night just in time for my internet provider to have issues.. I'm at work now,, I'll post the pics tonight.
slickschoppers is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 5th, 2009, 12:53 PM   #20 (permalink)
Poster Extraordinaire

Man, I really like the look of Bob's Coral Red Teles with the white pickguards and maple necks/boards! Glenn, littlewing, your guitars are stop-you-in-your-tracks beautiful!

Hey, Slick, I guess all of us here have known that kind of IP frustration at one time or another. Looking forward to those pics whenever you can get them uploaded here.

Bob Bennett