what? - Telecaster Guitar Forum
The Number 1 Fender Telecaster Guitar authority in the world.
   

Go Back   Telecaster Guitar Forum > Amplifier Discussion Forums > Glowing Bottle Tube Amp Forum
Forgot Username/Password? Join Us!
Notices

Glowing Bottle Tube Amp Forum A special place for special amps - the forum for tube amp lovers and you.


Wilde Pickups by Bill & Becky Lawrence WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Amps, Mods, Pedals dallenpickups.com Warmoth.com seymourduncan.com


Forum Jump


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old February 28th, 2013, 03:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Poster Extraordinaire
 
jhundt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Netherlands
Age: 60
Posts: 7,573
what?

tube amps... what other kind do we ever talk about?

jhundt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 28th, 2013, 05:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's
 
RubyRae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cincinnati
Age: 38
Posts: 3,645
exactly. They should have just made this new forum the "solid state suckas".
OR follow suite with the teles, and make this a vintage tube section.

Are we supposed to all jump ship now over to glowing tubes?
RubyRae is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 28th, 2013, 05:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
Tele-Meister
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Tropic, UT
Posts: 406
...

Last edited by Trout; February 28th, 2013 at 10:38 PM.
Trout is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links   #
Sponsored posting
 

Old March 1st, 2013, 04:22 AM   #4 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's
 
Wyzsard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 2,848
What elitist snob thought this was a good idea ?








































Ok, I'm in. Delta Blues 210 and a Fender Excelsior. Gassin for a Swart 6V6se really bad.
Wyzsard is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 1st, 2013, 04:28 AM   #5 (permalink)
Tele-Meister
 
No457 Snowy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Australia
Posts: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzsard View Post
What elitist snob thought this was a good idea ?



Ok, I'm in. Delta Blues 210 and a Fender Excelsior. Gassin for a Swart 6V6se really bad.

Aren't those PCB Amps, I think that's in another sub-forum of Tube Amps.
No457 Snowy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 1st, 2013, 11:34 AM   #6 (permalink)
Poster Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Santa Fe, NM
Posts: 5,281
PCB???

It ain't a REAL tube amp, unless it has P-T-P wiring in a rat's nest configuration, right?
6942 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 1st, 2013, 04:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's
 
Wyzsard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 2,848
Quote:
Originally Posted by No457 Snowy View Post
Aren't those PCB Amps, I think that's in another sub-forum of Tube Amps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6942 View Post
PCB???

It ain't a REAL tube amp, unless it has P-T-P wiring in a rat's nest configuration, right?
No argument here. I agree

Actually, it ain't an all tube amp unless it has a tube rectifier as well.
Wyzsard is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 2nd, 2013, 08:55 AM   #8 (permalink)
Poster Extraordinaire
 
Lunchie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Monmouth, IL
Age: 31
Posts: 5,238
This is all tube all the time, except for Pathfinders. They are like the freshmen who hangs out with seniors.
__________________
I coordinate the pigs that makes your Baconater.
Lunchie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 2nd, 2013, 08:59 AM   #9 (permalink)
Tele-Meister
 
leebman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: England
Posts: 324
Not liking this broken up forum format.
leebman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 2nd, 2013, 09:39 AM   #10 (permalink)
Former Member
Friend of Leo's
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: georgia
Age: 53
Posts: 2,236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunchie View Post
This is all tube all the time, except for Pathfinders. They are like the freshmen who hangs out with seniors.
Ha!! Thanks but I'm still in the fetal position over this newness thing. I gotta a sneaky suspicion Billm is behind all this and am kinda worried about Mucxs state of mind.
alnicopu is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 2nd, 2013, 01:04 PM   #11 (permalink)
Doctor of Teleocity
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Lubbock, TX
Posts: 15,934
Imho, the on ly way more amp forums makes sense if we really break it down....
Tube discussion Forum---tubes only.
Speaker and cab Forum....speakers and cabinets only.
RAttles forum....physical rattles and mechanical buzzes only...no electronic circutry hums/buzzes or tube rattle discussion here.
Build forum...nothing but amplifier designa nd construction

AS it is, I see at least 3 forums if not 4 that are open for discussion of the exact same topics. Check it out and see if this isn't the case. Amp Central covers all of the bases......as noted in its description. The Shock Bros build forum served a purposes. These new forums are simply confusing, distracting and repetitive.
IF there is a purpose, I don't see it. ADvertising??? Surely not...but that is the on ly aspect which I can perceive that might necessitate this 'expansion'.

I will see ya'll on Amp Central and Shock Bros for amplifier discussion. I am boycotting the discussion of anything to with amplifiers on these new forums because I simply don't have the time or the inclination to peruse forums that are duplicative in nature of what is a perfectly good forum...the Amp Central Forum.
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 2nd, 2013, 02:09 PM   #12 (permalink)
Tele-Meister
 
Minivan Megafun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Manitoba
Posts: 347
Yeah, this sub forum is pointless.
Minivan Megafun is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 2nd, 2013, 02:11 PM   #13 (permalink)
Tele-Holic
 
Phil_tre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Eastern Canada
Posts: 611
...is there a sub forum for one knob amp with green tolex ??

Phil.
Phil_tre is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 3rd, 2013, 07:27 PM   #14 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's
 
ASC67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Minneapolis, MN.
Age: 47
Posts: 4,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally View Post
Imho, the on ly way more amp forums makes sense if we really break it down....
Tube discussion Forum---tubes only.
Speaker and cab Forum....speakers and cabinets only.
RAttles forum....physical rattles and mechanical buzzes only...no electronic circutry hums/buzzes or tube rattle discussion here.
Build forum...nothing but amplifier designa nd construction

AS it is, I see at least 3 forums if not 4 that are open for discussion of the exact same topics. Check it out and see if this isn't the case. Amp Central covers all of the bases......as noted in its description. The Shock Bros build forum served a purposes. These new forums are simply confusing, distracting and repetitive.
IF there is a purpose, I don't see it. ADvertising??? Surely not...but that is the on ly aspect which I can perceive that might necessitate this 'expansion'.




I will see ya'll on Amp Central and Shock Bros for amplifier discussion. I am boycotting the discussion of anything to with amplifiers on these new forums because I simply don't have the time or the inclination to peruse forums that are duplicative in nature of what is a perfectly good forum...the Amp Central Forum.


I agree, the drop down menu is getting ridiculous to navigate, there are like fifty some sub forums. I wouldn't discount the advertising angle, It is a shame though.

Last edited by ASC67; March 3rd, 2013 at 08:17 PM.
ASC67 is online now   Reply With Quote

Old March 4th, 2013, 08:55 PM   #15 (permalink)
Tele-Holic
 
Gringo13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: East Tennessee
Age: 34
Posts: 915
I can gaurantee you I will miss out on some cool topics now. I learned a lot over the past few years by just "stumbling across" some topics that I wouldn't typically look up otherwise, but there's no way I'm gonna browse sub categories unless I'm looking for something VERY specific... and then I'll just use Google anyway.
__________________
"You'll never lose your mind as long as your heart always reminds you where you left it."- Mike Cooley

"I've always been crazy; it's kept me from going insane."- Ol' Waylon
Gringo13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 5th, 2013, 01:33 AM   #16 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted
 
keithb7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Kamloops, BC Canada
Age: 43
Posts: 1,565
None too happy here either. I have been boycotting this tube amp forum by not posting except here now to vent. I will stick to the amp general discussion forum mainly. Hopefully others do too as many of us run out of time checking all these sub forums.
__________________
'64 Bandmaster, Ceriatone 18W TMB, 5F2A Clone, '68 Custom Princeton Reverb
keithb7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 7th, 2013, 10:52 AM   #17 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted
 
losergeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: ottawa
Age: 36
Posts: 1,483
Maybe this should just be for vintage amps....but even then, I'd rather have all amps in one forum.
losergeek is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 9th, 2013, 07:16 AM   #18 (permalink)
Tele-Holic
 
highwayman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: ny
Age: 50
Posts: 773
This is not a good idea.....Too many sub forums , were gonna miss out on some interesting stuff.....
highwayman is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

/td>

» Random Photo for Guests
New Tele in Blizzard Pearl
Untitled Document



 


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



IMPORTANT:Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult! No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2
© TDPRI.COM 1999 - 2014 All rights reserved.