The Number 1 Fender Telecaster Guitar authority in the world.

Go Back   Telecaster Guitar Forum > General Discussion Forum > Epic Threads
Forgot Username/Password? Join Us!
Notices

Epic Threads We have a few "epic" threads containing thousands of posts. Known as Green Light threads because of the Green "Amp Jewel Light" indicating threads with more than 500 posts.

Wilde Pickups by Bill & Becky Lawrence WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Amps, Mods, Pedals dallenpickups.com Warmoth.com seymourduncan.com

Forum Jump

Closed Thread

Old April 17th, 2009, 08:45 PM   #241 (permalink)
Doctor of Teleocity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Davis View Post
The last few guys that have won didnt do much David Cook and Taylor Hicks both flopped as did Ruben the only guys that have really done alot after Idol were people who got voted off too soon or came in second like Clay Akin and Daughtry.
You've forgotten Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood.

Old April 18th, 2009, 01:02 PM   #242 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

He said guys

Old April 18th, 2009, 01:05 PM   #243 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe M View Post
Papa, how can you possibly NOT watch, come on, you know you want to....
I'd rather be raped in prison than watch AI.

Sponsored Links   #
Sponsored posting

Old April 18th, 2009, 02:28 PM   #244 (permalink)
Telefied

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelnet View Post
You've forgotten Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood.
Thats why I said the last few guys that have won didnt do much. Clarkson and Underwood are women not guys they both won and have done better than anyone else thats been on AI.

Oh BTW I thought Jennifer Hudsons performance wasnt good at all she was out of tune and not any better than any of the kids on the show. She deserved to get voted off early in the season she was on.

Old April 21st, 2009, 09:41 PM   #245 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Friend of Leo's

OK, disco night is over (thank goodness); Lil is gone for sure, but I'm not sure who else. For the first time, I really liked Kris' performance. It was unique and I thought he sounded really good. Matt also did well. Adam, Danny and Allison have got to be safe, although Allison was in the bottom three a couple of weeks ago. I'm going with Anoop, I'm really getting tired of his outfits and his song choice....

Old April 22nd, 2009, 01:53 PM   #246 (permalink)
Doctor of Teleocity

Personally, I like Anoops voice. But, yeah, I think he will go because of his lack of stage appeal...kind of a sign of the times.

Other than that, it beats me who will go with him. They all sang much better than most singers on the radio today. Maybe if we're lucky, they will all tie and everyone will get voted off at once.

Old April 22nd, 2009, 03:12 PM   #247 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

Thank God disco night's over.
I'll tellyawut...
Kris took a disco song & turned it into something that didn't suck.
Amazing.
And to think I couldn't even remember his name until about 2 weeks ago.
Lil proved she needs to go.
She totally doesn't get it. Plus she's not nearly as good as I thought she was early on.
Matt probably could go.
But I agree, Anoop's Beaver Cleaver outfits are getting old.
He thinks he's gonna be an R&B star. But the part just doesn't suit him.

Old April 22nd, 2009, 03:21 PM   #248 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

Quote:
Originally Posted by petebradt View Post
I hope you're only joking.
I know your musical taste & I like the stuff you've recommended. So I know you're not a dope.
I'm not gonna twist your arm to make you watch AI.
But don't think because you've seen some clips of some weirdos from the beginning of the season, that there's not any real talent on the show.
Sure, it's not your thing. But talent is talent.
And even disco night beats being raped in prison in my book.

Old April 22nd, 2009, 03:36 PM   #249 (permalink)
Telefied

The bottom 3 will be Lil Matt and Anoop.

LIL and Matt will go home.

As usual Adam and Allison were the best.

Old April 22nd, 2009, 07:45 PM   #250 (permalink)
Telefied

I think the final 4 will be Adam Allison Danny and Kris just as Seacrest leaked way back in march and the final 2 will be Adam and Allison and Adam will win.

I will laugh my A$$ off if somehow Adam screws up and gets voted off and the jiudges cant use their new fake save feature cause they already wasted it on Matt.

Old April 22nd, 2009, 08:15 PM   #251 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

Quote:
I think the final 4 will be Adam Allison Danny and Kris just as Seacrest leaked way back in march and the final 2 will be Adam and Allison and Adam will win.

I will laugh my A$$ off if somehow Adam screws up and gets voted off and the jiudges cant use their new fake save feature cause they already wasted it on Matt.
Yea, that would be. Tonight 2 are getting voted off. How funny would it be if Danny and Adam were in the bottom two. Oh how foolish those judges will feel!

But no, probably going to be Lil and either Matt (again) or Anoop.

Old April 22nd, 2009, 08:28 PM   #252 (permalink)
Doctor of Teleocity

Quote:
Originally Posted by petebradt View Post
PETE!! Where ya bin, buddy? We've missed your sparkly brand of insight in here. No-one brightens a conversation the way you do.

Old April 22nd, 2009, 08:30 PM   #253 (permalink)
Doctor of Teleocity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason S View Post
He said guys
Quote:
Thats why I said the last few guys that have won didnt do much. Clarkson and Underwood are women not guys they both won and have done better than anyone else thats been on AI.
Oops. My mistake. Sorry.

Old April 22nd, 2009, 10:16 PM   #254 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramblinmike View Post
probably going to be Lil and either Matt (again) or Anoop.
Good call. It was Lil and Anoop who got sent home tonight. Surprised that Allison was in the bottom 3.

Old April 22nd, 2009, 10:25 PM   #255 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Friend of Leo's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agarn View Post
Good call. It was Lil and Anoop who got sent home tonight. Surprised that Allison was in the bottom 3.
The right people got sent home tonight. As mentioned earlier in this thread, the only reason Allison gets put in the bottom three is that all the teeny-boppers are voting for the hunk guys, not the red-headed 16 year old. Too bad, she has a great voice. She'll probably be the next to go.

Old April 23rd, 2009, 12:10 AM   #256 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe M View Post
The right people got sent home tonight. As mentioned earlier in this thread, the only reason Allison gets put in the bottom three is that all the teeny-boppers are voting for the hunk guys, not the red-headed 16 year old. Too bad, she has a great voice. She'll probably be the next to go.
You'd think that would split the votes & Allison would get more votes than any one guy.
I think it's because Allison's a little outspoken & has rubbed some people the wrong way.
Whatever the reason though, she's got some major talent & IMO doesn't deserve to be in the bottom 3.
They're all pretty good though...
Even Anoop & Matt, who I just don't think is as good as the judges build him up to be.
That's why I have mixed feelings about any musical competition...Because it makes you really look for any flaw in an otherwise good performance, just because someone has to be eliminated.

Old April 23rd, 2009, 01:20 AM   #257 (permalink)
Telefied

Everytime Allison does a song thats just a little off she gets in the bottom 3. When she does a killer performance she doesnt.

Glad she didnt get sent home by the tenny boppers LOL

Old April 23rd, 2009, 02:08 AM   #258 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

It also seems to me that not once has Adam done the week's assignment (except I guess the year of birth one), and regardless of his performance, his excrement NEVER stinks. Glad to see that Allison and Chris have finally realized that they can do what he's been getting away with this entire time.

What has Allison done that rubbed people the wrong way?

Old April 23rd, 2009, 02:27 AM   #259 (permalink)
Telefied

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramblinmike View Post
It also seems to me that not once has Adam done the week's assignment (except I guess the year of birth one), and regardless of his performance, his excrement NEVER stinks. Glad to see that Allison and Chris have finally realized that they can do what he's been getting away with this entire time.

What has Allison done that rubbed people the wrong way?
I dont know but like others have said alot of young gals watch the show and since she is 16 they are probably jealous.

But she hasnt been unfairly judged she has done some real good performances and some just ok. When she does one thats not up to the par of the others she has done she ends up in the bottom 3.

Next week she will correct the error I bet and come back strong just like she did the other weeks she was in the bottom 3 which seems like every other week LOL.

I still think she is the most marketable one. Adam is gonna win and flop like David Cook and Taylor Hicks did cause I really dont see a market for him.

Seems like all the Idols who have gone into country have done more than any other style of music.

Old April 23rd, 2009, 03:42 AM   #260 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

True about the judging (although this week they loved it and I thought it was her weakest yet), and I also get the feeling that the people who vote just don't vote as much for her so that they can save folks they like that are really in trouble (usually Matt). Since she came close this week to being booted, I have a feeling they will vote more for her, and I also think she will bring her A-game next week.

I think that if she keeps on doing what she is doing she will be set regardless of if she wins or not. She's got alot more talent than, say, Kelly Clarkson. Although it might be a few years before she appears on the radar, unless she wants to do the Hannah Montana crap. Think that's the case with almost everybody left except for Matt. He really needs to go. And I'm still not sure why Adam is in the competition. I guess to get better offers on Broadway (the route Clay went, ex. Spamalot). Chris has proven to be much better, and now his guitar is also in this mix. I think this was the first week that I could clearly hear him playing. Think he'll also be fine if he does not win. Another Jack Johnson type (ugh, but there's clearly a market for it).

Closed Thread