Belton Reverb Brick any good? - Telecaster Guitar Forum
The Number 1 Fender Telecaster Guitar authority in the world.

Go Back   Telecaster Guitar Forum > The DIY Channel > Burnt Fingers DIY Effects
Forgot Username/Password? Join Us!

Burnt Fingers DIY Effects Building or modding your own Effects and Stompboxes? Then use this forum to discuss the process and show your pride and joy.

Wilde Pickups by Bill & Becky Lawrence WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Amps, Mods, Pedals dallenpickups.com Warmoth.com seymourduncan.com

Forum Jump

Old December 30th, 2012, 03:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

Belton Reverb Brick any good?

Think of building a new reverb pedal and I like the idea of a simple single control.
What is the verdict on these, I have been using a Marshall reflector but so many options and knobs that are hard to see this looks like it could fit the bill.
Stax

stax is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 31st, 2012, 06:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

I'm waiting for a response on this as well.... I hope someone chimes in. I'd consider building the BYOC Reverb because it uses this brick. I find that any pedal with one knob leaves me wanting one more knob. As far as reverb, the BYOC has a Dwell control, which is pretty standard reverb fare to me. It's the one knob that most reverb amps are missing.
FenderLover is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 31st, 2012, 09:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
TDPRI Member

I built the BYOC Reverb v2 with the Belton Brick about a month and a half ago. First DIY kit I haven't had to futz with to get it to work - helped that i actually read the instructions for once. Two knobs seem just fine to me. With both at about 1/3 third it opens up the sound nicely but you can blow it on out to major cathedral echo style. I have to pay closer attention to my attack because it tends to pick up on thumps when playing the middle pickup on my Strat and pretty much anytime I get too feisty with my Thinline/Nocaster.
Jake's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links   #
Sponsored posting

Old January 10th, 2013, 12:40 AM   #4 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

I ordered the kit from Antique Electronics (tubesandmore.com) and had an easy enough time putting it together and got pretty good tones from it, but I'm not a 'verb junkie. For what it's worth, I'd recommend using it for your purposes, as long as youi're not trying to replace a '63 standalone unit or similar, you'll probably be fine.

Old January 12th, 2013, 03:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

I'm waiting on one I ordered from Small Bear to use in a 1776 Effects' Rub-a-Dub Reverb... which is going inside of a largish enclosure already sporting a Multiplex Delay. Should be fun. I won't be able to post vids or anything, but I'll try to remember to update once it's done (could be a while, though).

Old January 31st, 2013, 04:03 AM   #6 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

The Rub-a-dub is fantastic. Best simple digital verb out there IMHO. Kicked holy grail to the back of the closet.
Jubal81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 19th, 2013, 03:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

The Belton "Brick" is fantastic. I built the original BYOC 4 knob reverb pedal which uses the brick. It sounds as good as the reverb on my 70 twin reverb, and better than any other pedal verb I have heard. In understand Belton has come out with a smaller size brick, but all my experience has been with the the full sized brick.
spankdplank is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 19th, 2013, 04:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
NEW MEMBER!

I built a r-a-d recently with the medium brick, really diggin' it as much as ones on my Ampegs.
ryan-owens is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 21st, 2013, 03:18 PM   #9 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

I should add that I also have a 67 Ampeg Reverberocket II, and I like the Brick reverb as much as the verb on the reverberocket.
spankdplank is offline   Reply With Quote