Meyer-Briggs Personality Test - Telecaster Guitar Forum
The Number 1 Fender Telecaster Guitar authority in the world.

Go Back   Telecaster Guitar Forum > General Discussion Forum > Bad Dog Cafe
Forgot Username/Password? Join Us!
Notices

Bad Dog Cafe Hershey's Bad Dog Cafe is our Off Topic forum -- but NO POLITICS and NO FIGHTING. NOTE: Discussion of guitars other than Tele & Strat belongs in the "Other Guitars" forum and discussion of Music belongs in the "Music to Your Ears" forum.

Wilde Pickups by Bill & Becky Lawrence WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Amps, Mods, Pedals dallenpickups.com Warmoth.com seymourduncan.com

Forum Jump

Old October 24th, 2007, 03:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

Meyer-Briggs Personality Test

After this was mentioned by Tim in the "introverted thread" I googled and found this test. Pretty interesting stuff, I'm an INTJ and it would seem very close how many and i would percieve myself. I guess I'm naturally curious and as such have also done a bunch of reading up regarding astrology and birth charts and much of it is very applicable.
Check it out and see what they say about you:

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

winny pooh is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 24th, 2007, 03:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Doctor of Teleocity

INFP

Wow.. I just checked out the definition of INFP on Wikipedia, even though it's generalised, it does very much describe me!

In a nutshell I'm an idealist.

Old October 24th, 2007, 03:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

ENFP here.

Cool - Joseph Campbell and Paul Robeson were ENFPs as well... Does this stuff mean a damn thing anyway?
JStella is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links   #
Sponsored posting

Old October 24th, 2007, 04:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Doctor of Teleocity

ENFP too, although I come very close to INFP...

Cheers, Tim
Tim Armstrong is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 24th, 2007, 04:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

Hmm... I'm supposed to go check in to the local Mental institution... it even told me where to get a straightjacket first :p

Apparently I am "ENFJ" Better go look that up...

Hmm.. Ideal carreer paths are Counselor or Teaching... well I was considering becoming a Counselor, but instead I'm planning on going into teaching in a few years... strange...

After reading the Wikipedia page... that is scary how accurate it is...
Pesty is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 24th, 2007, 04:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
Former Member
Poster Extraordinaire

Your Type is ISFJ.
Introverted=11%, Sensing=1%, Feeling=12%, Judging=56%.

...Watt a load of hogwash!!!

0le FUZZY
0le FUZZY is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 24th, 2007, 04:15 PM   #7 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

I've taken this thing about 5 times for various employers. I can never remember what it says I am for more than about 10 minutes.
TelZilla is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 24th, 2007, 04:20 PM   #8 (permalink)
Tele-Holic

I've taken it several times before as well always came out as an ENTP fwiw. You can find some info on the different type combos here:

http://typelogic.com/
EunosFD is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 24th, 2007, 05:06 PM   #9 (permalink)
Poster Extraordinaire

Famous INTPs:

Socrates
Rene Descartes
Blaise Pascal
Sir Isaac Newton
Albert Einstein
Henri Mancini
Bob Newhart
Tiger Woods
James Madison
John Quincy Adams
John Tyler
Dwight D. Eisenhower
Gerald Ford
Originality is just undetected Plagiarism!
cowboytwang is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 24th, 2007, 05:38 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned
Friend of Leo's

INFJ
Roli is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 24th, 2007, 05:42 PM   #11 (permalink)
Poster Extraordinaire

I'm an ISTP - http://keirsey.com/handler.aspx?s=ke...ab=4&c=crafter
http://typelogic.com/istp.html

... seems like I have to build more Partscasters! ;)

...and the list of famous ones looks quite OK to me, too!

Charles Bronson
Tom Cruise
James Dean
Clint Eastwood
Burt Reynolds
Keith Richards
Charlie Yeager
Frank Zappa
Bruce Lee
Michael Jordan
Woody Allen
Alan Shepard
Chuck Yaeger
Michael Douglas
Lance Armstrong
Kathrine Hephurn

Last edited by RomanS; October 24th, 2007 at 06:55 PM.
RomanS is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 24th, 2007, 05:46 PM   #12 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Telefied

http://www.keirsey.com/

you guys might really enjoy the Keirsey-Bates Temperment sorter. I've found it to be a better predictor of success in building teams and working with groups of people... it is fun too!

Old October 24th, 2007, 05:54 PM   #13 (permalink)

Formerly known as Eryque
Doctor of Teleocity

That test says I'm an ESFP. None of these tests have ever made a judgement that describes me accurately, but this one was the worst yet!

Parts & Pickups

www.kokoteleguitarworks.com
KokoTele is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 24th, 2007, 05:59 PM   #14 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

Quote:
Originally Posted by winny pooh View Post
I'm an INTJ and it would seem very close how many and i would percieve myself.

So am I. I think it's mostly right on. We're one of the rarer types, which I think is a plus.

What works against me is that I can't read other people properly if they aren't talking straight. I don't understand body language, and I know that I am not read right by others frequently. I see events like parties as a waste of time if there is no one to talk to about indepth matters like music theory or history. If there is no one I can learn from, I will be bored and absorbed in myself. Now, if TDPRI members were there, it would be another story! I find the idea of a wedding ceremony the biggest waste of time and money that I can think of. I don't know what I would do if a relationship ever came to that. I skipped college graduation to go to Prague.
OutlawSteph1975 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 24th, 2007, 06:00 PM   #15 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

ENFP

Right along with Ronald Reagan and Adolph Hitler. Good thing I'm not into politics.

I do think this stuff has its place but it does smack of a psychological "whats my sign" at the same time.

"Its our limitations that make us individuals" - Bill Frisell
howlin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 24th, 2007, 06:28 PM   #16 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Telefied

I've taken it a bunch of times and find it is accurate if you choose not to be self conscious and just answer without over thinking the question.

I'm an XXFJ which completely mixed on the first two (introvert/extrovert--I'm equal parts both) and (s/n--i'm equal there too) but pretty far to the Feeling and Judging thing. The keirsey stuff is pretty in depth and provides methodologies for forming groups etc and for getting the best from folks and enabling them to do their best and have the best atmosphere. I think part of what makes it 'work' is that there is focus on the individual and their needs. That alone is significantly more than is offered in most workplaces and homes. Oy!

The KB gives me this feedback:

Idealists, as a temperament, are passionately concerned with personal growth and development. Idealists strive to discover who they are and how they can become their best possible self -- always this quest for self-knowledge and self-improvement drives their imagination. And they want to help others make the journey. Idealists are naturally drawn to working with people, and whether in education or counseling, in social services or personnel work, in journalism or the ministry, they are gifted at helping others find their way in life, often inspiring them to grow as individuals and to fulfill their potentials.

Idealists are sure that friendly cooperation is the best way for people to achieve their goals. Conflict and confrontation upset them because they seem to put up angry barriers between people. Idealists dream of creating harmonious, even caring personal relations, and they have a unique talent for helping people get along with each other and work together for the good of all. Such interpersonal harmony might be a romantic ideal, but then Idealists are incurable romantics who prefer to focus on what might be, rather than what is. The real, practical world is only a starting place for Idealists; they believe that life is filled with possibilities waiting to be realized, rich with meanings calling out to be understood. This idea of a mystical or spiritual dimension to life, the "not visible" or the "not yet" that can only be known through intuition or by a leap of faith, is far more important to Idealists than the world of material things.

Highly ethical in their actions, Idealists hold themselves to a strict standard of personal integrity. They must be true to themselves and to others, and they can be quite hard on themselves when they are dishonest, or when they are false or insincere. More often, however, Idealists are the very soul of kindness. Particularly in their personal relationships, Idealists are without question filled with love and good will. They believe in giving of themselves to help others; they cherish a few warm, sensitive friendships; they strive for a special rapport with their children; and in marriage they wish to find a "soulmate," someone with whom they can bond emotionally and spiritually, sharing their deepest feelings and their complex inner worlds.

Idealists are rare, making up between 20 and 25 percent of the population. But their ability to inspire people with their enthusiasm and their idealism has given them influence far beyond their numbers.

Old October 24th, 2007, 06:42 PM   #17 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

INFJ here and I was really suprised, my wife has told my for years I was NFG I guess she is DUMB
StuH is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 24th, 2007, 07:00 PM   #18 (permalink)
Poster Extraordinaire

I knew I was E--J but couldn't remember what. I also knew I was really borderline on the E and something else. So I took it: ENTJ, score 1-25-1-33. That's about right. I'm judgmental, ask my wife. I love being around people & parties & am OK with strange crowds...but then give me my time alone, please. And so on.

I used to use this in work settings and believe me, it really did help to understand some of my staff & fellow employees, like "hey, that's a clue to why they're acting that way". I can't argue it's read on me.
Stubee is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 24th, 2007, 07:14 PM   #19 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

According the the Meyers-Briggs test I'm INTJ, and according to the Keirsey one I'm rational. According to the Keirsey results INTJ's are 'Masterminds'. Of what I guess I'll just have to find out.

Old October 24th, 2007, 07:22 PM   #20 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

I am an an INTJ
Strength of the preferences %
Introverted 22
Intuitive 50
Thinking 25
Judging 33
nvosmeier is offline   Reply With Quote