Does anybody know of a software like the old Line 6 Guitarport Online/Gearbox? - Telecaster Guitar Forum
The Number 1 Fender Telecaster Guitar authority in the world.

Go Back   Telecaster Guitar Forum > General Discussion Forum > Bad Dog Cafe
Forgot Username/Password? Join Us!

Bad Dog Cafe Hershey's Bad Dog Cafe is our Off Topic forum -- but NO POLITICS and NO FIGHTING. NOTE: Discussion of guitars other than Tele & Strat belongs in the "Other Guitars" forum and discussion of Music belongs in the "Music to Your Ears" forum.

Wilde Pickups by Bill & Becky Lawrence WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Amps, Mods, Pedals Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com seymourduncan.com

Forum Jump

Old December 9th, 2013, 07:16 AM   #1 (permalink)
Tele-Holic

Does anybody know of a software like the old Line 6 Guitarport Online/Gearbox?

A few years ago, I subscribed to Line 6 Guitarport Online, using a POD Studio GX. You could download all sorts of song files with the guitar tones, tablature, original artist music tracks and even the tracks with one or more guitars ro the bass eliminated, to play along with. You could loop a section, change tempo, etc. and have the music follow the tab.

It was probably the easiest way to learn a song, especially lead , that I have ever seen.

Naturally, Line 6 dropped it.

What I'm wondering is if anyboody knows another product that has that stuff - I don't care about downloading the song specifi tones, but having the music tracks the follow the tablature and allow for looping sections and changing speed.

I have looked at Songsterr and TuxGuitar, but following along with the midi tracks isn't really the same.

brenn is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 9th, 2013, 08:52 AM   #2 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

I've never tried this but it has a free demo. I don't see that it has downloadable songs however it claims you can remove or isolate the guitar with the software.

http://www.voxamps.com/jamvox/
eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 14th, 2013, 11:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
TDPRI Member

Here ya go...

http://www.jammit.com/store/guitar
Arcticman is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links   #
Sponsored posting

Old December 15th, 2013, 09:21 AM   #4 (permalink)
Tele-Holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcticman View Post
Thanks, that looks pretty good.

Old December 12th, 2014, 11:23 AM   #5 (permalink)
Tele-Holic

Reviving this thread, because I think I found the answer I wanted.

Using the Jammit app Arcticman linked, above (free, pay by the song download), and a Line 6 Sonic Port, with the POD Mobile app (free) I can plug my guitar into my ipad or iphone, instantly get the correct tonemodel for the song I'm trying to learn, so the scrolling notes or tablature, loop sections, slow it down, etc. Basically it does everything old Line 6 GuitarPort, Gearbox, etc. did and it appears to be cheaper and work/sound better. Basically, my ipad becomes both a POD (I can input my ipd, output to an amp or headphones, etc.) and a song learning aid, like the Guitarport Online used to be.

I got the Sonic Port on sale for $50 at Musicians Friend and I am very impressed, so far. It also seems more solid and 1000 times easier to use than my pocket POD. If I want a new tone from the online database, I can just search and tap it right on the app and start playing.

Here's the Sonic Port at Line 6's site: http://line6.com/sonicport-audio-interface/

Old December 12th, 2014, 11:26 AM   #6 (permalink)
Poster Extraordinaire

I am told Line6 Gearbox stuff is obsolete. But I gotta say, I still love Gearbox, for sitting at the computer and practicing along with songs. Also it is fantastic for recording, so much so that I've never even tried my Mustang/Fuse stuff for that.
blowtorch is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 12th, 2014, 11:48 AM   #7 (permalink)
Tele-Holic

The down side of using Jammit and the Sonic Port is that it doesn't have nearly as good a song selection as the old GuitarPort Online. Once the online version died and quit letting me use my downloaded songs, I uninstalled the Gearbox.

Tonight I'm going to try the Sonic Port through my Lunchbox amp.

Old December 12th, 2014, 12:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

Um ..... Rocksmith?

Old December 14th, 2014, 01:06 PM   #9 (permalink)
Tele-Holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcole_sooner View Post
Um ..... Rocksmith?

Not quite the same thing. I have rocksmith, which I have used once. I really need to get into it, at some point.

Old December 15th, 2014, 03:15 PM   #10 (permalink)
Poster Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowtorch View Post
I am told Line6 Gearbox stuff is obsolete. But I gotta say, I still love Gearbox, for sitting at the computer and practicing along with songs. Also it is fantastic for recording, so much so that I've never even tried my Mustang/Fuse stuff for that.
Same here. I don't even have an amp where I live now. Just Gearbox and PodFarm 2.5 Platinum or whatever that I got for $99 years back. Something like 90 amps and a gazillion effects.

I plug into Gearbox and there into my Mac. PodFarm and iTunes songs I'm playing along with goes out to my standalone TV speakers. Works fine.

Old December 15th, 2014, 03:23 PM   #11 (permalink)
Poster Extraordinaire

Bill, I could get along at home without an amp just fine, with only Gearbox and my Toneport interface. Well, except for the rehearsals that I host at times. But for my personal use, by myself, it does way more than I need.
blowtorch is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 15th, 2014, 07:41 PM   #12 (permalink)
Poster Extraordinaire

Yep, my amps are in storage back in the states. Doesn't mean I don't miss the heck out of them though--old tweeds, a Princeton Reverb, '66 DR, Pro Reverb. and an '81 Super Champ.

Waaaaaaaaaahhh!