Olympus Has Fallen - Telecaster Guitar Forum
The Number 1 Fender Telecaster Guitar authority in the world.

Go Back   Telecaster Guitar Forum > General Discussion Forum > Bad Dog Cafe
Forgot Username/Password? Join Us!
Notices

Bad Dog Cafe Hershey's Bad Dog Cafe is our Off Topic forum -- but NO POLITICS and NO FIGHTING. NOTE: Discussion of guitars other than Tele & Strat belongs in the "Other Guitars" forum and discussion of Music belongs in the "Music to Your Ears" forum.

Wilde Pickups by Bill & Becky Lawrence WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Amps, Mods, Pedals dallenpickups.com Warmoth.com seymourduncan.com

Forum Jump

Old March 25th, 2013, 01:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Doctor of Teleocity

Olympus Has Fallen

Cool new Bruce Willis movie! (Bruce is disguised as Gerard Butler). No spoilers, critics didn't like it, the movie goers did, my kind of show! I enjoyed it, like any Bruce Willis, or Gerard Butler movie as the case may be, you have to allow a small hole for the logic to slip through, maybe 40 feet or so in diameter, but it's still cool. A slightly different slant that we can't talk about but I'm sure you'll pick it up when you/if you see it. Gerard is believable, and pulls off the action stuff maybe even better than Bruce now, but maybe not the Bruce of the past. If you like shootin', fightin', cuttin' and blowing stuff up, you'll like it. Otherwise, just catch "little Women" on dish one more time!

Old March 25th, 2013, 03:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

I wouldn't be surprised if this could actually happen.
Five Fingers is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 25th, 2013, 04:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
Poster Extraordinaire

I remember this one from the 80's. It was called " Mrs. Fletcher Has Fallen."

Sponsored Links   #
Sponsored posting

Old March 25th, 2013, 07:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Doctor of Teleocity

Her dialog was pretty simple. Help, I've fallen and can't get up! Sayyyyy, she mighta been in the movie!

Old March 25th, 2013, 08:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

Just came back from seeing it. I thought that was Bruce. Plot holes you could drive a Sherman tank thru, but a good Holywood romp. Like to've seen more of Ashley Judd !

Old March 25th, 2013, 08:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
Get off my lawn!
Friend of Leo's

When I see one of these "Hollywood romps", particularly with Bruce Willis, I go expecting the plot holes, but who cares? The movies are so much fun, they're so enjoyable, that plot holes don't seem to matter. They're like the old "Lethal Weapon", Mel Gibson/Danny Glover series of films. Really, you just watch them to be entertained, and they do that very well...

"I never practice my guitar... from time to time I just open the case and throw in a piece of raw meat." - Wes Montgomery
idjster is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 26th, 2013, 12:42 AM   #7 (permalink)
Doctor of Teleocity

When I go see a movie that has great impact, and a lot to say about life, and is an emotional roller coaster, I usually check my watch every hew minutes, when I see a Brucie, I never look at my watch. I know he's gonna get stabbed, beat up, shot a little, feet probably cut a little, and maybe even stub his toe, but I know when it's over all the baddies will be in a pile, (lately a really big pile) and he gets a fresh smoke and a kiss from the pretty girl.

Old March 26th, 2013, 01:41 AM   #8 (permalink)
Doctor of Teleocity

How come in Hollywood they use one actor for everything one year and another the next?

This year seems to be Bruce Willis year.

Liam Neeson and Matt Damon have also had years.

Old March 26th, 2013, 11:37 AM   #9 (permalink)
Doctor of Teleocity

I think the reason they use guys like Bruce, Liam, and Matt, is because Justin Bieber, and John Mayer are just too busy to make an action movie.

Old March 26th, 2013, 11:50 AM   #10 (permalink)
Telefied

I recently watched Looper (see other thread). Bruce Willis must have a stipulation in his contract because there's a throw-away scene that escalates into him mowing down the loopers with a sub machine gun in each hand.

Old March 26th, 2013, 12:07 PM   #11 (permalink)
Doctor of Teleocity

You sure you weren't watching MACHETE?????!!!! Now that right there is OSCAR material.

Old March 26th, 2013, 05:35 PM   #12 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

I just gotta take my wife to see this... She'll HATE it .
babalooga is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 2nd, 2013, 10:52 AM   #13 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Telefied

saw it.
it was okay but strained all plausibility and was hokey.
kind of like the movie 'the core' a few years ago... the idea is so intriguing, but the execution was not great...

I hadn't seen the trailers for it, just a basic premise... what I had hoped for was a film where bad guys took all the major world leaders hostage and were going to hit a global reset button...

just playing on the fears of people that the US will be attacked again... well, it didn't really work (at the box office) this time....

we need a new twist to REALLY scare people....

Old April 2nd, 2013, 05:45 PM   #14 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

I'm looking forward to seeing it. I saw Gerard Butler in Law Abiding Citizen a few years back and he was over the top there. Hoping this one will be more of the same.

Old April 2nd, 2013, 10:20 PM   #15 (permalink)
Doctor of Teleocity

Getbent suggested:

we need a new twist to REALLY scare people....

Now you're talkin'!!

I hope no one ever, ever, ever, makes me watch Les MisÚrables that's pretty scary right there.

Old April 8th, 2013, 10:50 AM   #16 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

I saw it and it was as expected, a Bruce Willis clone. But wow, beating up women and scaring kids, that's a new low.

The movie was a little bit too relevant to current events.

Old July 2nd, 2013, 11:37 PM   #17 (permalink)
Tele-Holic

In honor of World War Z I will bring this back up rather then create a new thread. I found the other movie White House Down a closer remake of Die Hard in a plot point to plot point way. Sort of like The Fast and The Furious to Point Break.

However the WHD buddy team of cop and President hides it. In the end Olympus had a better opening weekend box office wise while White House got better reviews. While I prefer Olympus I think in the end White House may earn more $$$ globally. The question has been asked since WHD is seen as a flop near After Earth proportions what went wrong? Well who was going to see a WHD who had not already seen OHF a few months ago? Well their is my wife who is smitten with Channing and the folks who want to see Jamie Foxx. but it is globally the big bad of WHD may play better then the Korean, probably North, maybe South bad guys of OHF.
Jhengsman is offline   Reply With Quote