Great Sprint Cup race finish today! - Telecaster Guitar Forum
The Number 1 Fender Telecaster Guitar authority in the world.

Go Back   Telecaster Guitar Forum > General Discussion Forum > Bad Dog Cafe
Forgot Username/Password? Join Us!
Notices

Bad Dog Cafe Hershey's Bad Dog Cafe is our Off Topic forum -- but NO POLITICS and NO FIGHTING. NOTE: Discussion of guitars other than Tele & Strat belongs in the "Other Guitars" forum and discussion of Music belongs in the "Music to Your Ears" forum.

Wilde Pickups by Bill & Becky Lawrence WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Amps, Mods, Pedals dallenpickups.com Warmoth.com seymourduncan.com

Forum Jump

Old March 24th, 2013, 07:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

Great Sprint Cup race finish today!

First let me say I hope Hamlin is okay. That was some great racing in the final laps. I think Stewart was wrong to go after Logano at the finish for blocking him on the restart. Logano was wrong for coming up into Hamlin causing them to both lose control. Hamlin deserves an apology.
Any one else catch it? More drama to come in the coming races for sure!

TJNY is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 24th, 2013, 07:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Doctor of Teleocity

Glad KB got the W.

Hope Hamlin is OK.

I don't think Logano did anything wrong, just good hard racing between two rivals.

Tony Stewart has become an angry bloated cartoon character. He should be ashamed of himself. He used to be a hard charger who made a lot of questionable moves that lead to a lot of crashes and hard feelings, now he wants everyone to pull over and let him pass. Obviously, the pressure of being an owner/driver is getting to him.
Bones is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 24th, 2013, 07:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

Did anyone make a right turn?
Ironwolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links   #
Sponsored posting

Old March 24th, 2013, 07:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
Poster Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
Glad KB got the W.

Hope Hamlin is OK.

I don't think Logano did anything wrong, just good hard racing between two rivals.

Tony Stewart has become an angry bloated cartoon character. He should be ashamed of himself. He used to be a hard charger who made a lot of questionable moves that lead to a lot of crashes and hard feelings, now he wants everyone to pull over and let him pass. Obviously, the pressure of being an owner/driver is getting to him.
Everyone here was yelling "Fat Tony" (we are mostly Italian) because he is thinking he owns more than just his team. I thought it was a clean move and Joey kept his car in front of Tony. And for the rest of it, "rubbin' is racin'".

Also we were all glad Hamlin wasn't hurt. Very hard hit into that wall seemingly not with a safer barrier. That will change.

Old March 24th, 2013, 07:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
Tele-Holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironwolf View Post
Into the wall.

Great ending to that race. I hope Hamlin is OK. Auto Club Speedway is usually boring. I was waiting for Logano's engine to pop, pushing all the water. I'm surprised it didn't.
Flat6Driver is online now   Reply With Quote

Old March 24th, 2013, 07:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

I'm glad Kyle Busch won.Stewart should just shut up.He has caused more wrecks than anyone else that I can think of.
LeftyAl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 24th, 2013, 08:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
Poster Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dented View Post
Everyone here was yelling "Fat Tony" (we are mostly Italian) because he is thinking he owns more than just his team. I thought it was a clean move and Joey kept his car in front of Tony. And for the rest of it, "rubbin' is racin'".

Also we were all glad Hamlin wasn't hurt. Very hard hit into that wall seemingly not with a safer barrier. That will change.
Logano wrecked Hamlin on purpose. In his first interview he said "he got what he deserved", but in later interviews just said he came off the corner too fast and ran up the track.

And IMO if you spin the tires on a restart, you get out of the way, not block.

Be looking forward to seeing Stewart taking Joey out at Martinsville...
tap4154 is online now   Reply With Quote

Old March 24th, 2013, 08:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
Tele-Holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap4154 View Post
Logano wrecked Hamlin on purpose. In his first interview he said "he got what he deserved", but in later interviews just said he came off the corner too fast and ran up the track.

Yep.

Great race, but Logano had been over aggressive all day. It was only a matter of time before he caused a wreck. You could almost feel it as inevitable at the end. His "He got what he had coming" comment was very telling. His fault for the Hamlin wreck all he way. I have a feeling he might get what he's got moving soon.
Brother Rob is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 24th, 2013, 10:14 PM   #9 (permalink)
Poster Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap4154 View Post

Seems to me he dove for the low road when he spun his tires giving the others the track above him. Not his fault Tony went low to grab the same position. The rules say the pass is the responsibility of the overtaking car to make a safe one.
Not for the leading car to get out of everyone's way. If he blocked then that is smart and many before him have done the same thing. That low line is allowed at Fontucky and he took it. I am not a Logano fan. Just sayin'

Last edited by dented; March 24th, 2013 at 10:45 PM.
dented is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 24th, 2013, 10:30 PM   #10 (permalink)
Tele-Holic

Quote:
Seems to me he dove for the low road when he spun giving the others the track above him. Not his fault Tony went low to grab the same position. The rules say the pass is the responsibility of the overtaking car to make a safe one.
Not for the leading car to get out of everyone's way. If he blocked then that is smart and many before him have done the same thing. That low line is allowed at Fontucky and he took it. I am not a Logano fan. Just sayin'
There were two incidents. The low block on Tony and the wreck with Hamlin. It wasn't the low block on the start that wrecked Hamlin.
Brother Rob is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 24th, 2013, 10:41 PM   #11 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironwolf View Post
Feel free to take a left turn out of the thread..........

TJNY is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 24th, 2013, 10:44 PM   #12 (permalink)
Poster Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Rob View Post
There were two incidents. The low block on Tony and the wreck with Hamlin. It wasn't the low block on the start that wrecked Hamlin.
I understand. So why would Tony be upset about a perfectly legal move?

The rubbin' and racin' move that happened between Hamlin and Logano is a matter of speculation and interpretation. I've seen worse over the years. Even with racers that have "history". NASCAR has no fault, either do I. They's racin' right?

Old March 24th, 2013, 10:46 PM   #13 (permalink)
Poster Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJNY View Post
Feel free to take a left turn out of the thread..........

Exit stage right even......said Snagglepuss

Old March 24th, 2013, 10:50 PM   #14 (permalink)
Poster Extraordinaire

Quote:
I understand. So why would Tony be upset about a perfectly legal move?

The rubbin' and racin' move that happened between Hamlin and Logano is a matter of speculation and interpretation. I've seen worse over the years. Even with racers that have "history". NASCAR has no fault, either do I. They's racin' right?

IMHO Tony was pissed about the move at the restart when Joey spun his wheels, and Logano's many reckless moves during the race, and the final one that sent Hamlin to the hospital... and the overall doucheness of Joey Logano in general.

Old March 25th, 2013, 12:30 AM   #15 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

Man, who would have thought that Cali would be the best race of the season so far?! That track has finally weathered in and the racing today was excellent. I loved that the track seemed to change, the tires fell off, and there were comers and goers. Not to mention that a car that pitted and got fresh tires and a setup tweak could actually drive up through the field. I mean, who the heck saw Dale Jr drive from 19th to 2nd in the final 10 laps?!

That finish was great! Even if Logano/Hamlin had not wrecked it was still fantastic racing to the end. I had no idea who was going to win it with 1 to go.

JGR statement is that Hamlin is ok but still in the hospital for further tests and observation. He was apparently complaining about his back hurting. So who knows if this will affect him as far as racing is concerned.

I was completely shocked when I saw Stewart taking a swing at Logano. He was still that mad about a block (for the lead) how many laps ago? Stewart's comments to the media that followed really tell the story of how Logano is perceived around the garage. I don't think that kid has much respect from many of them.
Minivan Megafun is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 25th, 2013, 02:01 AM   #16 (permalink)
Dep
Tele-Holic

Stewart blocks people, but he doesn't want it done to him.

As for the wreck, it looked to me like Logano was going too fast down lowand his car rode up the track and contacted Hamlin.

As for his comment, I didn't hear that part before, so who knows.

Dep
Dep is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 25th, 2013, 08:41 AM   #17 (permalink)
Tele-Holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minivan Megafun View Post
Man, who would have thought that Cali would be the best race of the season so far?! That track has finally weathered in and the racing today was excellent. I loved that the track seemed to change, the tires fell off, and there were comers and goers..

Watch.....now they will say it needs to be repaved. Uggg.
Flat6Driver is online now   Reply With Quote

Old March 25th, 2013, 09:37 AM   #18 (permalink)
Tele-Holic

Great racing...I must say, I was pulling for Logano, 22 more laps on his tires though, he was toast....still I was hoping smoke would have kicked his butt, being a dirt tracker and all. All the Stewart hating is bothersome....he is a fantastic talent.

Hope Denny is ok...

And Danica continues to show if it wasn't for go-daddy, she wouldn't have a ride. Short lived hype...
greytop is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 25th, 2013, 10:56 AM   #19 (permalink)
Poster Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by greytop View Post
Great racing...I must say, I was pulling for Logano, 22 more laps on his tires though, he was toast....still I was hoping smoke would have kicked his butt, being a dirt tracker and all. All the Stewart hating is bothersome....he is a fantastic talent.

Hope Denny is ok...

And Danica continues to show if it wasn't for go-daddy, she wouldn't have a ride. Short lived hype...
Her first full time Cup year, and first time on that track, a track with multiple grooves. She started back around 40 and finished 26 I believe, and ran a clean race.

Not bad at all.

This is a learning year.

Old March 25th, 2013, 11:05 AM   #20 (permalink)
Poster Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dep View Post
Stewart blocks people, but he doesn't want it done to him.

As for the wreck, it looked to me like Logano was going too fast down lowand his car rode up the track and contacted Hamlin.

As for his comment, I didn't hear that part before, so who knows.

Dep
Logano wrecked Hamlin on purpose, and not only was it low class, it was beyond stupid because he should have known that Kyle Busch was right behind them, just waiting for them to tangle. Hamlin pulled high in the corner to give Logano room, but dumb Joey just HAD to pull up and wreck him.

From his first interview:

Logano was unapologetic after the incident and essentially said that Hamlin got what he deserved after what happened at Bristol, not knowing that Hamlin would have to be airlifted to a local hospital.

"He probably shouldn't have done what he did last week, so that's what he gets," Logano told TV after the race. "And besides that, I think our Auto Club Ford was very strong all day. I was very happy with the car we had. We were super-fast, led a lot of laps.

"Nothing to hang our head down about, that's for sure -- we were very proud of that."

http://www.sbnation.com/nascar/2013/...ap-crash-fight

Hang your head Joey, you're a MORON.