That shameful moment when you realize.. - Telecaster Guitar Forum
The Number 1 Fender Telecaster Guitar authority in the world.
   

Go Back   Telecaster Guitar Forum > General Discussion Forum > Bad Dog Cafe
Forgot Username/Password? Join Us!
Notices

Bad Dog Cafe Hershey's Bad Dog Cafe is our Off Topic forum -- but NO POLITICS and NO FIGHTING. NOTE: Discussion of guitars other than Tele & Strat belongs in the "Other Guitars" forum and discussion of Music belongs in the "Music to Your Ears" forum.


Wilde Pickups by Bill & Becky Lawrence WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Amps, Mods, Pedals dallenpickups.com Warmoth.com seymourduncan.com


Forum Jump


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old March 4th, 2013, 07:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
TDPRI Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Dudley, MA
Posts: 68
That shameful moment when you realize..

you ordered three 15 inch cables for your pedal board & effects loops to go from your amp, not three 15 feet cables.

@#$%

patrick_yeo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 4th, 2013, 07:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's
 
Jamie Black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Neither here nor there
Posts: 2,128
Ha! I just went through something similar. Ineeded Norton Internet Security so I looked on Amazon for a deal, I thought wow I'm getting this really cheap. The package shows up, Norton Anti-Virus, D'OH! In my haste to get a good deal I forgot to do one thing, actually pay attention to what I was buying.

Lucky for me I was able to get an RA and exchange it for Internet Security.
Jamie Black is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 4th, 2013, 08:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
TDPRI Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Dudley, MA
Posts: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Black View Post
Ha! I just went through something similar. Ineeded Norton Internet Security so I looked on Amazon for a deal, I thought wow I'm getting this really cheap. The package shows up, Norton Anti-Virus, D'OH! In my haste to get a good deal I forgot to do one thing, actually pay attention to what I was buying.

Lucky for me I was able to get an RA and exchange it for Internet Security.
Haha man, its the worst feeling ever! I need to pay attention more, same thing just happened with my telecaster pickguard, i bought one made to fit a vintage telecaster, where mine is a MIM. Didn't fit. :/

At least you got yours all sorted out! Hopefully I can too :)
patrick_yeo is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links   #
Sponsored posting
 

Old March 4th, 2013, 08:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's
 
ADinNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: New York City
Age: 48
Posts: 2,139
Yep, I ordered what I thought was a regular mic stand and it was about a foot tall. It was for a kick drum. Helps to read the item description doesn't it? :-)
__________________
He said to the music store clerk - "Do you have a pedal that makes it sound like I'm plugged straight into my amp?"
ADinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 4th, 2013, 08:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
Poster Extraordinaire
 
Boubou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Age: 54
Posts: 5,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_yeo
you ordered three 15 inch cables for your pedal board & effects loops to go from your amp, not three 15 feet cables.

@#$%
But then lots of people are happy you are not a brain surgeon

Sent from my iPad using TDPRI
Boubou is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 4th, 2013, 08:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ormond Beach Fl.
Age: 61
Posts: 3,150
JUst to day I almost ordered a buffer.You wouldn't believe the low price.My son was looking over my shoulder and said- That's only the pads.But they showed a picture of the buffer.
LeftyAl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 4th, 2013, 08:20 PM   #7 (permalink)
Doctor of Teleocity
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: dislocation
Age: 51
Posts: 14,380
never be ashamed of what you are

be loud be proud
fuzzbender is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 4th, 2013, 08:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
Doctor of Teleocity
 
Bones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Luddite Island, NY
Age: 45
Posts: 14,028
Attached Images
 
Bones is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 4th, 2013, 08:34 PM   #9 (permalink)
TDPRI Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Dudley, MA
Posts: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADinNYC View Post
Yep, I ordered what I thought was a regular mic stand and it was about a foot tall. It was for a kick drum. Helps to read the item description doesn't it? :-)
Haha oh man, well at least we're not alone! I feel for you man, sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boubou View Post
But then lots of people are happy you are not a brain surgeon

Sent from my iPad using TDPRI
Haha, something I would never do, and this is why. I need to work on focusing better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by acalan View Post
JUst to day I almost ordered a buffer.You wouldn't believe the low price.My son was looking over my shoulder and said- That's only the pads.But they showed a picture of the buffer.
Wow man! Dodged a bullet there! I'm going to start having my other half look over what I'm about to spend some hard earned $$$ on. Its good to have a safety net!
patrick_yeo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 4th, 2013, 10:48 PM   #10 (permalink)
Tele-Meister
 
RedTele58's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Lawton, OK
Age: 56
Posts: 153
When Fender issued the black paisley Telecasters last year I was searching eBay about 2:30am in a sleep deprived state. I found a black paisley body with a Buy-it-Now price of $200.00. A split second after I confirmed my buy, I realized I was the proud new owner of a black paisley Strat body...

Anybody looking for a mint black paisley Strat body? I've one cheap!
__________________
Old age and treachery will win every time over youth and enthusiasm...
RedTele58 is online now   Reply With Quote

Old March 4th, 2013, 10:57 PM   #11 (permalink)
Tele-Holic
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Jackson, WY
Age: 47
Posts: 806
You guys should get together and start a band for midgets!
rideit is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 4th, 2013, 11:02 PM   #12 (permalink)
Poster Extraordinaire
 
Slow Reflexes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Willamette and Columbia
Posts: 7,664
#@$% the napkin!!!

__________________
I seem to be having tremendous difficulty with my lifestyle...
Slow Reflexes is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 4th, 2013, 11:15 PM   #13 (permalink)
Doctor of Teleocity
 
Jupiter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Osaka, Japan
Age: 51
Posts: 10,883
To the OP: you're sort of on a roll recently, aren't ya?

These things come in threes; I recommend that you don't stick your hand inside your amp any time soon.
__________________
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 4th, 2013, 11:16 PM   #14 (permalink)
Doctor of Teleocity
 
telleutelleme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Houston
Age: 66
Posts: 12,043
Must be the font sizes online. Bought a stereo splitter cable for my new Lucille guitar. It was 9" not 9' long. Would have had to get really close to both amps to play it. Kind of defeats the whole stereo idea.
__________________
"Blues is a natural fact, is something that a fellow lives. If you don't live it you don't have it. Young people have forgotten to cry the blues. Now they talk and get lawyers and things. " - Big Bill Broonzy
telleutelleme is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 4th, 2013, 11:33 PM   #15 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's
 
Hiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Midwest USA
Posts: 4,429
Stuff happens and unfortunately they make 6 inch cables, and 6 foot cables.
__________________
Hammer On!
Hiker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 5th, 2013, 12:17 AM   #16 (permalink)
Poster Extraordinaire
 
String Tree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Up North
Posts: 6,258
I left both of my guitars at Work, locked in the Office and there ain't no way I'll make the gig unless I BEG somebody to let me play their guitar.
We are the only act, no opener, no closer, just us.
__________________
Chicks dig me!
String Tree is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 5th, 2013, 12:42 AM   #17 (permalink)
TDPRI Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Dudley, MA
Posts: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by String Tree View Post
I left both of my guitars at Work, locked in the Office and there ain't no way I'll make the gig unless I BEG somebody to let me play their guitar.
We are the only act, no opener, no closer, just us.
That tops me.. haha, thats awful, what are you going to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by telleutelleme View Post
Must be the font sizes online. Bought a stereo splitter cable for my new Lucille guitar. It was 9" not 9' long. Would have had to get really close to both amps to play it. Kind of defeats the whole stereo idea.
Haha YUP! Same thing happened to me! Thats why I am here. Hahaha why would they even make those 9" long? That makes me laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
To the OP: you're sort of on a roll recently, aren't ya?

These things come in threes; I recommend that you don't stick your hand inside your amp any time soon.
Hahah you have no idea, I already hit my three. I didn't want to say but
1. I bought reverse polarity 9v adapters; 3.. tried them out, obviously didn't work. Thank god my pedals are still intact though.
2. Bought the tele pickguard that doesn't fit
3. Bought these instrument cables.

Haha I have now learned my lesson on internet purchases. I feel like a @#$%ing idiot. hahaha
patrick_yeo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 5th, 2013, 01:28 AM   #18 (permalink)
Poster Extraordinaire
 
String Tree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Up North
Posts: 6,258
patrick_yeo "hat tops me.. haha, thats awful, what are you going to do?"

I got lucky.
An old friend who lived not to far from the club bailed my sorry ass out.
I still owe him for it too.
__________________
Chicks dig me!
String Tree is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 5th, 2013, 01:42 AM   #19 (permalink)
Doctor of Teleocity
 
Jupiter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Osaka, Japan
Age: 51
Posts: 10,883
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_yeo View Post
1. I bought reverse polarity 9v adapters; 3.. tried them out, obviously didn't work. Thank god my pedals are still intact though.
2. Bought the tele pickguard that doesn't fit
3. Bought these instrument cables.
Hey, then you're due for some smooth sailing! (I missed the PG one).
__________________
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 5th, 2013, 02:15 AM   #20 (permalink)
TDPRI Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Dudley, MA
Posts: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by String Tree View Post
patrick_yeo "hat tops me.. haha, thats awful, what are you going to do?"

I got lucky.
An old friend who lived not to far from the club bailed my sorry ass out.
I still owe him for it too.
Awesome man! Howd the gig go? :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
Hey, then you're due for some smooth sailing! (I missed the PG one).
Haha, it's been a rather disappointing week if you couldn't tell. Looking forward to the smooth sailing! :)
patrick_yeo is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


» Random Photo for Guests
Logan Custom Tele - 1
Untitled Document



 


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



IMPORTANT:Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult! No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2
© TDPRI.COM 1999 - 2014 All rights reserved.