how did...Billy Bob... - Telecaster Guitar Forum
The Number 1 Fender Telecaster Guitar authority in the world.

Go Back   Telecaster Guitar Forum > General Discussion Forum > Bad Dog Cafe
Forgot Username/Password? Join Us!
Notices

Bad Dog Cafe Hershey's Bad Dog Cafe is our Off Topic forum -- but NO POLITICS and NO FIGHTING. NOTE: Discussion of guitars other than Tele & Strat belongs in the "Other Guitars" forum and discussion of Music belongs in the "Music to Your Ears" forum.

Wilde Pickups by Bill & Becky Lawrence WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Amps, Mods, Pedals dallenpickups.com Warmoth.com seymourduncan.com

Forum Jump

Old February 21st, 2013, 05:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

how did...Billy Bob...

i liked this guy when ..slingblade came out..i liked him as the mechanic in ..u turn..hes done alot of cool parts...
i thought he was the next.. de niro..or ..sean penn..and.. hes even got a musical side...but when i see his interviews ..im thinkin'.. I would'nt even hang out with this guy!....Billy Bob...why so hostile dude?

Last edited by TDPRI; February 22nd, 2013 at 12:58 AM. Reason: Yeah, I cleaned up your title and your post.
thumbpick is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 21st, 2013, 06:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

He was always an a-hole

Old February 21st, 2013, 06:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

Maybe he's still dreamin' about Angelina. Or maybe he's Bad Santa in real life. Funny movie, by the way.

Hey, I don't like Sean Penn at all, but he's still a heck of an actor.
scrapyardblue is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links   #
Sponsored posting

Old February 21st, 2013, 06:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

Overrated as an actor & a musician.

Guy's lucky to be doing what he's doing.

Of course I could say the same thing about myself.
pondcaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 21st, 2013, 06:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
---------------------------
Doctor of Teleocity

Skin that smokewagon.

fezz parka is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 21st, 2013, 06:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

If I didn't listen to the music or watch the movies made by people that I don't agree with or think much of as people, I wouldn't hear or see much. To paraphrase Duane Allman, everyone is an a**hole to some folks and nice folks to someone else.
dan1952 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 21st, 2013, 06:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Telefied

I really enjoy Billy Bob Thornton. I like his movies. I like that he has created himself and has largely done things on his terms. I think people like him are very strong in everything they do. Because of that, they just don't suffer the same fools the same way most other people do and he has found it does not hurt him or he wouldn't do it.

I see Jim Harbaugh getting the same reaction because he is terse with the media. I have friends who are friends of Harbaugh and they all say he is a great guy and a lot of fun. He just does not want to deal with the media.... and he is not that worried about what guys on forums might say about him based on things that they only get a glimpse at.

I've been in the paper before and I have NEVER had the paper report what I said accurately. Never. Even benign stuff was just wrong. Once, just for fun, I recorded an interview and kept a copy. After the article came out, I invited the reporter to lunch and asked him to listen to the recording with me as we read the article together.

He laughed and went along (we were friendly) and when we were done, I asked him if he thought I was accurately portrayed in the article. he paused and kind of sighed and said, "close enough. I get what you are saying, but you aren't really the story."

My experience is it doesnt really matter what you tell reporters, they already have the story.

If Billy Bob messes with them, good. If he is mean to the reporter on the one show up in canada, when you find out the context of it... the producer of the show was completely the cause of the altercation and should own it. In order to 'get' Billy Bob, they agreed to some terms and the reporter violated them... so Billy Bob wasn't 'nice'. So what.

I get tired of being nice just because you have to in order to make everyone feel good.

Old February 21st, 2013, 07:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbent View Post
I really enjoy Billy Bob Thornton. I like his movies. I like that he has created himself and has largely done things on his terms. I think people like him are very strong in everything they do. Because of that, they just don't suffer the same fools the same way most other people do and he has found it does not hurt him or he wouldn't do it.

I see Jim Harbaugh getting the same reaction because he is terse with the media. I have friends who are friends of Harbaugh and they all say he is a great guy and a lot of fun. He just does not want to deal with the media.... and he is not that worried about what guys on forums might say about him based on things that they only get a glimpse at.

I've been in the paper before and I have NEVER had the paper report what I said accurately. Never. Even benign stuff was just wrong. Once, just for fun, I recorded an interview and kept a copy. After the article came out, I invited the reporter to lunch and asked him to listen to the recording with me as we read the article together.

He laughed and went along (we were friendly) and when we were done, I asked him if he thought I was accurately portrayed in the article. he paused and kind of sighed and said, "close enough. I get what you are saying, but you aren't really the story."

My experience is it doesnt really matter what you tell reporters, they already have the story.

If Billy Bob messes with them, good. If he is mean to the reporter on the one show up in canada, when you find out the context of it... the producer of the show was completely the cause of the altercation and should own it. In order to 'get' Billy Bob, they agreed to some terms and the reporter violated them... so Billy Bob wasn't 'nice'. So what.

I get tired of being nice just because you have to in order to make everyone feel good.
Agree! I've been interviewed many times for various publications, and the ONLY time the reporter was accurate was when a new girl at the local paper interviewed me without a recorder or any notes. She must have had some kind of memory, because she nailed every quote word-for-word. She didn't stay in that business very long...
dan1952 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 21st, 2013, 07:18 PM   #9 (permalink)
Tele-Holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by fezz parka View Post
Skin that smokewagon.

That scene gets my wife all hot and bothered.. Guess she likes the manly "take control" cowboy thing.. :)

Old February 21st, 2013, 07:20 PM   #10 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

Quote:
Skin that smokewagon.

My favorite Billy Bob role.
backporch guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 21st, 2013, 07:22 PM   #11 (permalink)
Doctor of Teleocity

I was just recently interviewed for an online piece by a well known writer. I had requested to be an anonymous source due to the nature of the article and my comments, the guy accidentally outed me within 2 sentences. I have also been misquoted in newspapers and had my taped comments on a segment of a national Sunday Morning show edited so heavily, that even I didn't know what I was talking about. I can imagine a lifetime of that sort of thing really makes you frustrated.
Bones is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 21st, 2013, 07:29 PM   #12 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

I listened to him on a talk radio show I really thought he was interesting, the last thing I thought was him being a dick, he didn't come off like that at all.

Old February 21st, 2013, 07:32 PM   #13 (permalink)
Doctor of Teleocity

Old February 21st, 2013, 07:46 PM   #14 (permalink)
Tele-Holic

I like french fried potatoes. ?.

Old February 21st, 2013, 07:48 PM   #15 (permalink)
Doctor of Teleocity

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcarter_1 View Post
I like french fried potatoes. ?.

with gravy?

Old February 21st, 2013, 07:49 PM   #16 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

Why do we worship actors?

Old February 21st, 2013, 07:51 PM   #17 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

He was a perfect gentleman on Fresh Air with Terri Gross, and very funny.

Old February 21st, 2013, 07:54 PM   #18 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

Quote:
Skin that smokewagon.

my fav-o-rite line..."you gonna do something or just stand there and bleed?"

1962guitargeek is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 21st, 2013, 07:59 PM   #19 (permalink)
Doctor of Teleocity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug 54 View Post
Why do we worship actors?

define "we"

I don't worship anyone.

Old February 21st, 2013, 08:02 PM   #20 (permalink)
Poster Extraordinaire

If Thornton ever moves in next door to me, I'll let you guys know if he's a poophead or not. Otherwise, I have no concern whatsoever regarding his personality.
Frodebro is offline   Reply With Quote