Happy band/gig thread - Telecaster Guitar Forum
The Number 1 Fender Telecaster Guitar authority in the world.

Go Back   Telecaster Guitar Forum > General Discussion Forum > Bad Dog Cafe
Forgot Username/Password? Join Us!

Bad Dog Cafe Hershey's Bad Dog Cafe is our Off Topic forum -- but NO POLITICS and NO FIGHTING. NOTE: Discussion of guitars other than Tele & Strat belongs in the "Other Guitars" forum and discussion of Music belongs in the "Music to Your Ears" forum.

Wilde Pickups by Bill & Becky Lawrence WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Amps, Mods, Pedals dallenpickups.com Warmoth.com seymourduncan.com

Forum Jump

Old January 6th, 2013, 05:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

Happy band/gig thread

I just wanted to express my positive emotions about my band and some recent happenings.

We've(FenderBender) been playing together for a good 8 years in this capacity. Some of the members I've been playing with for well over 20 years.

We are quite tight, experienced players with very good chemistry, but last year kinda sucked and I almost felt like this band had run it's course. I was really bummed because of the aforementioned chemistry. Besides, We are more than a band, we're family. That's personal!

I guess the other guys felt the defecit in gigs, excitement, and frustration because we are a very good dance rock band that does covers from the 50's to present, and keep people on the dance floor all night, but kept getting booked into dead or dying clubs by the agents we've dealt with. We all did the good thing and took a step up, and said "screw the agents, lets hit the street and do this thing".

We hit a few of the bigger clubs and found when and how we could audition or gave them promo stuff. We got three new clubs and it just feels great! Actually, the owner of one club asked another owner from another area to check us out at our first gig and we now have four gigs at her place.

I'm 54 and I'm not shy, but I'm not an obnoxious idiot that would ever think a beautiful 20-something barmaid would be interested in anything I had to say or care much for our 40's-Older audience show. Well, I asked for a water in between sets and she said " Wow, We were sure lucky to find you"! I asked "Huh?". She said "You guys blow away 99% of the bands we get in here, hope you have openings in your schedule"! I gathered my consciousness(as I kind of blacked out for a second) and said "Thank you"(then asked her what shirt size she was and gave her a band tank top-then she told me she would wear it the next time we play there).

Well, we played another gig last night at the other place that booked us and we got a very similar reception. And there was a good 250-300 people that were partying, drinking and dancing all night. And got four more bookings there! All gigs are without agents and one of them has house sound and lights(and competent staff to run said equipment). All pay very well too.

So, I just wanted to start a thread for the rare few of us that are playing clubs and dealing with decent club owners, making a pretty good wage too!

Oh BS, I was just excited that my band did the right thing by taking the bull by the horns and kept this awsome project together. I'm very happy this family looks like it has some longevity to look forward to. Woo Hoo!!!

Sorry about the long-winded thread!

Anyone else have any similar experiences in the club scene with your bands?

bendecaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 6th, 2013, 05:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

"Sorry about the long-winded thread!"

No sorry needed, that's a great story. Inspirational for a guy like me that's just getting back into a true giging situation after 20 years out of it. Last time I giged regularly, there was no internet.

Keep these success stories coming. Inspiration is often a hard thing to find.

https://www.facebook.com/ATCoBand
OlRedNeckHippy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 6th, 2013, 06:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

Thanks!

Sponsored Links   #
Sponsored posting

Old January 7th, 2013, 06:55 AM   #4 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

Bump! C'mon, no love for good vibes?