Friend's band equipment trailer stolen Rochester, NY area - Telecaster Guitar Forum
The Number 1 Fender Telecaster Guitar authority in the world.

Go Back   Telecaster Guitar Forum > General Discussion Forum > Bad Dog Cafe
Forgot Username/Password? Join Us!

Bad Dog Cafe Hershey's Bad Dog Cafe is our Off Topic forum -- but NO POLITICS and NO FIGHTING. NOTE: Discussion of guitars other than Tele & Strat belongs in the "Other Guitars" forum and discussion of Music belongs in the "Music to Your Ears" forum.

Wilde Pickups by Bill & Becky Lawrence WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Amps, Mods, Pedals Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com seymourduncan.com

Forum Jump

Old December 11th, 2012, 01:22 AM   #1 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

Friend's band equipment trailer stolen Rochester, NY area

The Coupe De Villes have been together for just about 30 years now. Everything but their guitars and basses were locked up in it. Here's the story...

http://www.whec.com/news/stories/S2861984.shtml?cat=566

Tommy bought the 2nd guitar I ever built and is one of the genuinely nicest guys you will ever meet... Breaks my heart... Of course, I offered the use of my PA gear, guitar amp, mics, etc... Look on the bottom of the story to view the band's website to see if anything is listed there... A couple of custom Nau Engineering amps would be the obvious standouts in case the amps show up on Craig's List or eBAY or pawn shops... The D.A. is investigating the case and the band is very well loved for all of their charity work in the region, so the perps ought to be quaking in their shoes at this point although it appeared to be a targeted theft since 3 other trailers with motorcycles in them (one right next to the band's was even unlocked) were untouched. Bastards!!

Boggs is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 11th, 2012, 02:57 AM   #2 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

I hope they catch the scum bags, preferably with a bullet.
RevBilly76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 11th, 2012, 03:04 AM   #3 (permalink)
Tele-Holic

Man, I hate to hear that. I hate thieves. I hope they had insurance to soften the blow.
guitar dan is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links   #
Sponsored posting

Old December 11th, 2012, 03:53 AM   #4 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

That is absolutely disgusting to steal a mans work tools. I just hope the knuckle dragging neanderthals get caught and punished severly.. Just a suggestion, how about asking the local bikie gang for a little help. Many people run these guys down, but they're basically good guys who like to help in situations like these. I lost a guitar one night at a gig just as I was packing up and there were around a dozen bikies in there and they all took of on their bikes and were back with my guitar 20 minutes later. I thanked them and offered them all a beer but when I asked who was the culprit they just said "You really wouldn't want to know mate, but he wont be stealing anything for a long while, least wise till his bones get repaired".. They've had my admiration ever since....
Slowpoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 11th, 2012, 10:12 AM   #5 (permalink)
Poster Extraordinaire

Woh, I like that band. Heard them play at Dinosaur BBQ. They were tight and had the place rockin'! Sad day, that's personal right there. Hope for the best and the return of their stuff.

Old December 11th, 2012, 10:39 AM   #6 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

Sorry to hear that...when I leave a trailer full of stuff or camper somewhere unsecured I put a spare ball in the hitch and putr a padlock the locking lever. Hope they get their stuff back.
ce24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 11th, 2012, 10:58 AM   #7 (permalink)
Tele-Holic

living in the Rochester area, I've certainly heard of these guys, though I've never seen them. Stories like this are very disheartening.
Rasmuth is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 11th, 2012, 11:14 AM   #8 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

Very sorry to hear. This is terrible. Positive vibes to get your equipment back. May the perps receive only the best in accommodations for their new orange suits with butt flap access. Shooting them is too good for 'em.
Long, slow fear and torture, that's where its at.