What does your office look like? - Telecaster Guitar Forum
The Number 1 Fender Telecaster Guitar authority in the world.

Go Back   Telecaster Guitar Forum > General Discussion Forum > Bad Dog Cafe
Forgot Username/Password? Join Us!
Notices

Bad Dog Cafe Hershey's Bad Dog Cafe is our Off Topic forum -- but NO POLITICS and NO FIGHTING. NOTE: Discussion of guitars other than Tele & Strat belongs in the "Other Guitars" forum and discussion of Music belongs in the "Music to Your Ears" forum.

Wilde Pickups by Bill & Becky Lawrence WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Amps, Mods, Pedals dallenpickups.com Warmoth.com seymourduncan.com

Forum Jump

Old December 10th, 2012, 11:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
Tele-Holic

What does your office look like?

I manage a 547 acre wildlife conservation area. Here is a shot of my workplace. Lets see what your "office" looks like!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2436068381.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	155682

Old December 10th, 2012, 11:44 AM   #2 (permalink)
Doctor of Teleocity

I have some dirt in the corners.
"Blues is a natural fact, is something that a fellow lives. If you don't live it you don't have it. Young people have forgotten to cry the blues. Now they talk and get lawyers and things. " - Big Bill Broonzy
telleutelleme is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 10th, 2012, 11:52 AM   #3 (permalink)
Doctor of Teleocity

Timely... I gutted and cleaned my office yesterday. I finally threw away stuff that I've been needing to throw away for years (outdated books and media). I did a thorough "spring cleaning" in that I didn't just organize it... I took everything off of every shelf, and wiped it all down with Clorox wipes... wiped down the walls and base boards... and made it as if everything were new.

I've got a new "boss" coming in on Tuesday... and yep... that's the only reason I did it. First impressions are normally not a big deal to me, and I'm not out to impress this guy... I just don't want him to think that I'm a slob right off the bat. I need that fact to soak in with him over the course of a few months.

Sponsored Links   #
Sponsored posting

Old December 10th, 2012, 12:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

Not allowed to take pictures of my office.

Cube farm.

My iPad is plugged into its docking station and is to the left of my systems so I can check my personal e-mail and a couple of forums that are blocked at work.

The center console is a macbook laptop which is where I do my main work. I have a second monitor attached to it and above the laptop on a stand I built for it especially which just shows my e-mail (most of the time) so I can stay on top of any incoming issues.

To the left of the laptop and the right of the iPad is a linux system (Slackware) running Synergy which lets me access the system from the laptop instead of using a second keyboard and mouse. Generally it's used to search for solutions to whatever problem is currently going on.

To the right of the laptop is another linux system (Ubuntu) also running Synergy. It's used to manage the server inventory.

Above the monitor to the right is my old windows XP laptop also on a stand I built specially for it. The laptop also runs Synergy. I still have it for one set of old Dell systems that requires a very specific version of Java and Firefox in order for me to be able to access the system in case of a problem.

Farther to the left is my backpack, farther to the right is a tissue box. I keep my desk pretty clean and due to management issues, I only have one personal item up anywhere (they don't like the personal items I like to display). I have a little "Merry Christmas" paper from one of my coworkers taped unobtrusively to the side of one of the systems which is only visible in the open triangle space between the laptop, the top monitor and the monitor to the left.

Too bad I can't get a picture though. We had a manager walked out (fired) for taking pictures at work so they're pretty picky about such things.

Carl

Old December 10th, 2012, 12:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
Poster Extraordinaire

Such as it is.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	office.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	155689  
Mjark is online now   Reply With Quote

Old December 10th, 2012, 12:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
Tele-Holic

Really boring.

Old December 10th, 2012, 12:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
Doctor of Teleocity

My office. The only important items are the 1969 RCA Stereo and the Practice guitar and Pignose. The rest is just for image.

Name:	WP_000391.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	155692

Name:	WP_000389.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	155693

Name:	WP_000390.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	155694
"Blues is a natural fact, is something that a fellow lives. If you don't live it you don't have it. Young people have forgotten to cry the blues. Now they talk and get lawyers and things. " - Big Bill Broonzy

Old December 10th, 2012, 12:21 PM   #8 (permalink)
Poster Extraordinaire

My 'office' was an old and very industrial looking RR repair barn.
6942 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 10th, 2012, 12:22 PM   #9 (permalink)
Doctor of Teleocity

Quote:
Originally Posted by telleutelleme View Post
My office. The only important items are the 1969 RCA Stereo and the Practice guitar and Pignose. The rest is just for image.
I just traded my 1967 RCA console stereo about a month ago. Mine was mint... slightly larger than the one you've got pictured.... and I never used it.

I couldn't get $100 for it on CL, but when I removed the asking price, and reposted with "open to interesting trades... watcha got?" ... I was offered a Crown K2 power amp worth about $600... which I actually needed.

Took three young guys to come move it and load it into their truck - it was SUPER heavy.

Old December 10th, 2012, 12:24 PM   #10 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

I work in a government office that's such a generic cubical farm that you'd probably think it was a fake tv set or something. Gray walls as far as the eye can see. My cube is relatively sparse (I hate paper and clutter), 2x24" monitors and my wedding picture is pretty much the only thing on my desk.
losergeek is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 10th, 2012, 12:33 PM   #11 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

It's a total mess, but note TDPRI on the computer screen. I'll do a massive clean up before the Christmas break.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	100_0331.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	155696  
Big John Studd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 10th, 2012, 12:36 PM   #12 (permalink)
Poster Extraordinaire

It changes every week, but usually something like this:

or this:

Originality is just undetected Plagiarism!

Last edited by cowboytwang; December 10th, 2012 at 07:59 PM.
cowboytwang is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 10th, 2012, 12:46 PM   #13 (permalink)
Poster Extraordinaire

Cubie w/6' sides...so ok. simulated office.lol

Old December 10th, 2012, 12:46 PM   #14 (permalink)
Doctor of Teleocity

Quote:
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Good Texan:

I just traded my 1967 RCA console stereo about a month ago. Mine was mint... slightly larger than the one you've got pictured.... and I never used it.
First thing I bought when I got out of the military. At one point I was going to convert it into a Fish Tank but just decided to keep it stock. Still works great. Turntable and AM/FM radio. Headphone jack and Stereo / Mono push-pull on the tuner. If it could talk!

Old December 10th, 2012, 01:05 PM   #15 (permalink)
Doctor of Teleocity

Quote:
First thing I bought when I got out of the military. At one point I was going to convert it into a Fish Tank but just decided to keep it stock. Still works great. Turntable and AM/FM radio. Headphone jack and Stereo / Mono push-pull on the tuner. If it could talk!
Mine was originally purchased by my wife's grandfather - and he left it to me when he passed away.

It was 100% functional... but as you know... those things are huge. I've got so much vintage/classic stereo gear... once my wife was cool with me finding a good home for it... I let it go. It now resides in the home of a local studio engineer pro.

Old December 10th, 2012, 01:24 PM   #16 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

Hell, I mean heck.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	office.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	155699  

Old December 10th, 2012, 01:39 PM   #17 (permalink)
Doctor of Teleocity

I had a great office in the music building before we had a big flood in 2007 or 8. The building was emptied, and we all scattered to temporary spaces. I'm in the communications building in an editing room. It is filled with 40 boxes of books from my old office. I don't use this office for anything except storage. I do everything from home except teach, which I have a former TV studio for. In a few years, our new building will be finished. Yay.

Old December 10th, 2012, 01:53 PM   #18 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Telefied

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboytwang View Post
It changes every week, but usually something like this:

or this:
tell me what is on your pedalboard!

Old December 10th, 2012, 02:03 PM   #19 (permalink)
Doctor of Teleocity

Here's mine:

And a view from the window:

Old December 10th, 2012, 02:24 PM   #20 (permalink)
Doctor of Teleocity

Quote:
Originally posted by: The Good Texan:

Mine was originally purchased by my wife's grandfather - and he left it to me when he passed away.

It was 100% functional... but as you know... those things are huge. I've got so much vintage/classic stereo gear... once my wife was cool with me finding a good home for it... I let it go. It now resides in the home of a local studio engineer pro.
First apologies to the OP for the thread hijack, but it is in my office. That wood is beautiful. Should have robbed the top for a body or Cap!. Mine is Oak and also weighs a ton. Has a big cavity in the front of the tuner for storing albums. Before I discovered tennis balls hanging from the ceiling it was the stop point in my garage for my car. Has a few bumper hits on the front.

Name:	WP_000393.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	155707

Name:	WP_000394.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	155708