That's my boy - Telecaster Guitar Forum
The Number 1 Fender Telecaster Guitar authority in the world.

Go Back   Telecaster Guitar Forum > General Discussion Forum > Bad Dog Cafe
Forgot Username/Password? Join Us!
Notices

Bad Dog Cafe Hershey's Bad Dog Cafe is our Off Topic forum -- but NO POLITICS and NO FIGHTING. NOTE: Discussion of guitars other than Tele & Strat belongs in the "Other Guitars" forum and discussion of Music belongs in the "Music to Your Ears" forum.

Wilde Pickups by Bill & Becky Lawrence WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Amps, Mods, Pedals dallenpickups.com Warmoth.com seymourduncan.com

Forum Jump

Old December 5th, 2012, 01:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

That's my boy

I posted on a thread about Maine Coons a few days ago that my next door neighbour's evil MC had been terrorising my cat.

Our cat's still a youngster, just turned 1, but getting bigger every day.

Came back today to find the bedroom a mess - cat fur everywhere. Maine Coon cat fur. My cat was untouched and looking very pleased with himself.

So, after months of being bullied by next doors cat, looks like he grew up and kicked his bully's butt back to Maine ;-)

I feel a strong sense of parental pride! ;-)

sir humphrey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 5th, 2012, 01:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
Poster Extraordinaire

How did the neighbours car end up in your bedroom?
Boubou is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 5th, 2012, 01:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Telefied

you are Superfan!

Sponsored Links   #
Sponsored posting

Old December 5th, 2012, 01:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boubou View Post
How did the neighbours car end up in your bedroom?
He comes in through the cat flap to eat my cats food - I guess he got chased up there.

Old December 5th, 2012, 01:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

I had never heard of a "Maine Coon" until I read the thread he had posted a few days ago. Afterward, I checked Wikipedia, Google, etc. So now I know what a Maine coon is.

And, sir humphrey, congratulations! It's nice to see justice for the undercat!
H. Mac is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 5th, 2012, 02:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

Cats are very protective of food. A cat defending food has the strength of ten cats.

Old December 5th, 2012, 03:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
Doctor of Teleocity

A year of training pays off. Congrats.
waparker4 is online now   Reply With Quote

Old December 5th, 2012, 03:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

Ata boy! I have two cats. One is much bigger than the other, and they like to wrestle. Sometimes I hear hissing, so I want to make sure everything is ok. The smaller one is feisty though, so I like that she doesn't let herself get pushed around.
voodooblues is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 5th, 2012, 03:47 PM   #9 (permalink)
Poster Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir humphrey

He comes in through the cat flap
There is a skunk thread going , just saying
Boubou is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 5th, 2012, 04:57 PM   #10 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boubou View Post

There is a skunk thread going , just saying
No skunks here - plenty of foxes though

Old December 5th, 2012, 05:34 PM   #11 (permalink)
Doctor of Teleocity

Cats are a fighting machine....

my small demure black cat put $400 worth of stitches in my neighbours huge mean bull mastiff that strayed down near my back door one time...

I heard a noise went to the screen door... and this dog just growled at me when I told it to go.... the cat wandered over to see what I was yelling at... saw the dog....
lept from the cat flap at the top of the low stairs across 6 feet of air onto the dogs head and started shredding and biting.... the dog flicked it off and started running back up the hill yelping like a puppy... with my cat repeatedly jumping back on his head as soon as he was shaken off... this continued for 30 yds up the hill.....

this huge mastiff was terrified, I saw it in it's eyes.... it was completely shredded...... it had to be taken to the vet....

I only found this out a year later when I bumped into the guys brother after they moved away...... they thought the dog had been in a fight with a Kangaroo....

I enjoyed bursting his bubble..... nah, it was my small cat, mate......pretty to watch...

this cat would sprint across the yard and attack any dog that came on the property....no fear.... insane.... though she never scratched me once..... :)
"by degrees the flood of music drove all speculations out of his mind. It was as though it were a kind of liquid stuff that poured all over him and got mixed up with the sunlight that filtered through the leaves."
trev333 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 5th, 2012, 07:25 PM   #12 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

My old kitty KB would stay on her property. One season, a pair of mockingbirds decided to make her life miserable. The cat would be sitting on the hood of my car, basking in the sun when the birds would dive bomb her. This went on for months. They would have her cowering under the car until I came out to 'rescue' her.

One day, one of the mockingbirds chased her across the street as I watched. There was a 6 foot stockade fence on the other property. The mockingbird was sitting on it and continue to heckle my cat. Finally, she had enough. She leapt to the top of the fence in a single bound and disappeared over the other side. The bird, that was sitting on top of the fence, was no where to be seen. Then I see my cat, climbing back up the far side of the fence and drop to the ground. With the mockingbird in her mouth. You have not seen swagger until you saw my 16 year old KB strutting across the street with that bird. Tail high in the air, raising each paw up high. She brought it over to me and dropped it at my feet. I gave her great praises and took her gift. The surviving mockingbird left her alone after that.
bluesfordan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 5th, 2012, 07:29 PM   #13 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

Big deal. American cats rule in Cat Olympics...
william tele is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 6th, 2012, 07:18 AM   #14 (permalink)
Poster Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by trev333 View Post
Cats are a fighting machine....

my small demure black cat put $400 worth of stitches in my neighbours huge mean bull mastiff that strayed down near my back door one time...

I heard a noise went to the screen door... and this dog just growled at me when I told it to go.... the cat wandered over to see what I was yelling at... saw the dog....
lept from the cat flap at the top of the low stairs across 6 feet of air onto the dogs head and started shredding and biting.... the dog flicked it off and started running back up the hill yelping like a puppy... with my cat repeatedly jumping back on his head as soon as he was shaken off... this continued for 30 yds up the hill.....

this huge mastiff was terrified, I saw it in it's eyes.... it was completely shredded...... it had to be taken to the vet....

I only found this out a year later when I bumped into the guys brother after they moved away...... they thought the dog had been in a fight with a Kangaroo....

I enjoyed bursting his bubble..... nah, it was my small cat, mate......pretty to watch...

this cat would sprint across the yard and attack any dog that came on the property....no fear.... insane.... though she never scratched me once..... :)
Watched a female kitten factory named Thomasina we had long ago do this.

My little brother and I were sitting on the concrete patio on the back of the house when we observed Thomasina coming into the back yard from the driveway. She crossed the yard and went behind the barn where she had her current litter of kittens.

Then; obviously following her with his nose bobbing over the ground, came the new preacher's dog from the parsonage across the street. This was a big dog... Some kinda' mix he was prolly 16" across the shoulders and 8 or 9" across his big ole' head.

So he follows his nose around the side of the barn and heads right for the back where there is only about 2' between the back of the barn and the fence at the rear of the property.

At that point, our not being worried in the least, I remark to my brother, he's going to regret this...

He follows right in behind that barn and just about the time he's gotten back there good, we heard him give a great Yelp!

Then the fence starts shaking because, in his fright, he can't turn a around in that narrow space and he comes lurching, backing out from behind the barn with Thomasina on his big ole' head. He gets turned around and takes off for the driveway yelping with her riding his head; locked into his neck with her rear paws and slashing his face for all she's worth with with those viscous front claws...

That poor mutt is slinging blood as he thrashes his head trying to dislodge the fury that's going insane up there but she doesn't come off until he passes the rear of the house into the driveway.

We are just about to roll; laughing when she comes sauntering back across the back yard to return to her kittens...

The birds stayed after her too, but she was not the innocent in this matter.

She would actually steal baby birds from the nest and place them at her feet out in the middle of the yard to bait the parents which she would then snag out of the air when they attacked her. This cat did not play.

- Sadie Thompson
Westerly Sunn is offline   Reply With Quote