Ever been knocked out? - Telecaster Guitar Forum
The Number 1 Fender Telecaster Guitar authority in the world.

Go Back   Telecaster Guitar Forum > General Discussion Forum > Bad Dog Cafe
Forgot Username/Password? Join Us!

Bad Dog Cafe Hershey's Bad Dog Cafe is our Off Topic forum -- but NO POLITICS and NO FIGHTING. NOTE: Discussion of guitars other than Tele & Strat belongs in the "Other Guitars" forum and discussion of Music belongs in the "Music to Your Ears" forum.

Wilde Pickups by Bill & Becky Lawrence WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Amps, Mods, Pedals dallenpickups.com Warmoth.com seymourduncan.com

Forum Jump

Old October 23rd, 2012, 06:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
Tele-Holic

Ever been knocked out?

I can recall being knocked unconcious 3 times in my 52 years,

on my bike coming home from school when I was a kid, woke up in
the gutter wondering how in hell I was lying there

at the ice skate rink as a teenager, musta hit the guardrail with my
head and woke up in the sickbay, wondering how in hell I was lying there

playing indoor soccer in navy training, going for the ball, bounced off the
chest of a big guy, woke up being carried off, wondering how in hell I was
lying there

seems to be a pattern emerging here

Kebmel is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 23rd, 2012, 06:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

there was a period where I blacked out when I laughed too hard or too long...does that count?
1962guitargeek is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 23rd, 2012, 06:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Doctor of Teleocity

never have

Sponsored Links   #
Sponsored posting

Old October 23rd, 2012, 07:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

Once at a bar about 7 years ago I was slamming tequila all night. I walked up to the little 5' 2" Mexican and starting talking smack for no reason whatsoever.. I woke up on the floor.. Lol. That little guy smoked my lips hahaha!! To this day I don't pick fights, or drink tequila anymore!!! :P

Old October 23rd, 2012, 07:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

Yep, about 25 years ago I was skiing from Italy into Switzerland going 50+ mph and got knocked out by a loose ski from someone else biting it in front of me. I was out cold before hitting the snow/ice we were on, and proceeded to cartwheel and slide for about 250-300 yards before ending up in a snow drift.
Dingbat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 23rd, 2012, 07:03 PM   #6 (permalink)
Tele-Holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1962guitargeek View Post
there was a period where I blacked out when I laughed too hard or too long...does that count?
no sorry, self inflicted

Old October 23rd, 2012, 07:05 PM   #7 (permalink)
Tele-Holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spearsmusic View Post
Once at a bar about 7 years ago I was slamming tequila all night. I walked up to the little 5' 2" Mexican and starting talking smack for no reason whatsoever.. I woke up on the floor.. Lol. That little guy smoked my lips hahaha!! To this day I don't pick fights, or drink tequila anymore!!! :P
haha! I've been bitch slapped a few times, and it hurts too, but never knocked for a six

Old October 23rd, 2012, 07:11 PM   #8 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

In high school I played goalkeeper on our soccer team. I went for a 50/50 ball against an opposing striker. I dove to scoop the ball up an caught his knee in my head. On the up side, when I woke up, I had the ball.
fretbuzzard is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 23rd, 2012, 07:14 PM   #9 (permalink)
Doctor of Teleocity

Don't recall being "knocked" unconcious but when me and my pals were about 14-15 years old for a short period we delighted in producing unconciousness in each other. We would hunch down and hyperventilate like mad and then jump up quickly. Then someone would bearhug you from behind and squeeze the breath out of you and then let go and watch the ensuing results which would usually be some weird, convulsive type of behaviour and nonsense talk. Sometimes you would remain upright and sometimes collapse to the floor while convulsing and babbling. Good times....good times. I'm sorry, what were we talking about?

Old October 23rd, 2012, 07:17 PM   #10 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

Only once. 14 years old freshman, first year at a public high school after having gone to private Catholic school all my life. I was a sheltered boy suddenly thrown into a rough world.

Walking home from school with a group of kids, I must of said something wrong to one of them, to this day I have no idea what. But he sucker punched me good and I was out cold for at least 15 minutes. I don't remember walking home from school after that either, when I finally came too, alone. All the kids left me there lying in the grass.

...Argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they're yours... llusions by Richard Bach
Big_Bend is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 23rd, 2012, 07:20 PM   #11 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyguy View Post
Don't recall being "knocked" unconcious but when me and my pals were about 14-15 years old for a short period we delighted in producing unconciousness in each other. We would hunch down and hyperventilate like mad and then jump up quickly. Then someone would bearhug you from behind and squeeze the breath out of you and then let go and watch the ensuing results which would usually be some weird, convulsive type of behaviour and nonsense talk. Sometimes you would remain upright and sometimes collapse to the floor while convulsing and babbling. Good times....good times. I'm sorry, what were we talking about?
Oh crap!! I though that was something we invented on the east coast!
chuck_zc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 23rd, 2012, 07:27 PM   #12 (permalink)
Doctor of Teleocity

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck_zc View Post
Oh crap!! I though that was something we invented on the east coast!
Ha ha. Actually I grew up in Ontario where everything is invented (or so they would have us believe.)

It's amazing that anyone survives the teenage years.

Old October 23rd, 2012, 07:28 PM   #13 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

Quote:
Me and my neighborhood friends went through that deal too. We thought it was so cool that we got my Mom to come outside and see what we learned! She wasn't that surprised, just said to "knock it off before somebody gets hurt, go on, go play in the traffic"!

Old October 23rd, 2012, 07:42 PM   #14 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

I was going to make some oven fried chicken for supper. I need eggs for batter and the coating mix. The market I went to had recently flooded out so they just demolished it and built a nice new one. Everything was new and fresh inside and painted stark white.

I was on a mission and so I was stepping lively. I picked up the coating mix on the run and proceeded to the egg case. Now, even though I was in a hurry, the wife always insists that you wiggle every egg in the carton to make sure it ain't busted and glued to the bottom. I decided to carry out this procedure en route to the register and on about egg number 7 the entire carton of eggs just freaking exploded!

I came to on the floor covered in egg yolk and blood. I must have only lost consciousnes for a split second but I don't remember actually going down. The reality of the moment started to soak in when I looked up and saw the 12" X12" stark white steel roof support colomn directly in front of me. I had run into this thing walking about as fast as humanly possible.

Well, I looked around to see if anyone was lucky enough to witness my misfortune and started back to the egg case. I threw the trashed carton in the case and grabbed another one. (I didn't even check one egg)

I marched up to the register covered in egg and blood and just said "Don't ask"....
william tele is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 23rd, 2012, 07:49 PM   #15 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

Yup

Spanish class
RandomUserName is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 23rd, 2012, 08:09 PM   #16 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spearsmusic View Post
Big Rays rule for a simple life #8: Never pick on little guys...they get picked on all the time and are real good at dealing with it...
1962guitargeek is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 23rd, 2012, 08:09 PM   #17 (permalink)
Tele-Holic

Quote:
Oh yeah, I forgot about this. My teenage friends would bearhug each other to unconciousness, me included.

And I forgot about the time we were in the surf at the beach, acting the goat, we would stand on each others shoulders in the water and hoist each other up, so you could spring off into a wave. I sprung off, wave receded, and I woke up on the beach dizzy with a sore head..... wondering how in hell I was lying there....

Old October 23rd, 2012, 08:15 PM   #18 (permalink)
Doctor of Teleocity

Oh yes, I actually just posted about this yesterday. This is me knocked out.

Bones is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 23rd, 2012, 08:17 PM   #19 (permalink)
Tele-Holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by william tele View Post
I was going to make some oven fried chicken for supper. I need eggs for batter and the coating mix. The market I went to had recently flooded out so they just demolished it and built a nice new one. Everything was new and fresh inside and painted stark white.

I was on a mission and so I was stepping lively. I picked up the coating mix on the run and proceeded to the egg case. Now, even though I was in a hurry, the wife always insists that you wiggle every egg in the carton to make sure it ain't busted and glued to the bottom. I decided to carry out this procedure en route to the register and on about egg number 7 the entire carton of eggs just freaking exploded!

I came to on the floor covered in egg yolk and blood. I must have only lost consciousnes for a split second but I don't remember actually going down. The reality of the moment started to soak in when I looked up and saw the 12" X12" stark white steel roof support colomn directly in front of me. I had run into this thing walking about as fast as humanly possible.

Well, I looked around to see if anyone was lucky enough to witness my misfortune and started back to the egg case. I threw the trashed carton in the case and grabbed another one. (I didn't even check one egg)

I marched up to the register covered in egg and blood and just said "Don't ask"....
haha, good story, so I'm not the only one who wiggles each egg to check them!

This reminded me of the time, at work 3 years ago, jumping up and down on cardboard in one of the dumpsters to flatten it. The recycling dumpster was inside beside another one I had flattened. When I leapt from one to the other my head hit the roof rsj (iron girder) and knocked me flat on my back on top of the cardboard. I woke up with my workmates asking themselves "do ya think he's dead'? I had to go to the doctor's surgery to get a cut superglued.

I think I should be wearing a safety helmet

Old October 23rd, 2012, 08:18 PM   #20 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

Twice. And 2 or 3 other real good shots to the noggin. Neurologists and Endocrinologist blame my head traumas for my health problems, including Pituitary gland failure and Parkinson's.

I don't need no stinkin' Bigsby, I got Tremelo Paws!
Markdett is offline   Reply With Quote