Shipping in the USA...What gives!? - Page 2 - Telecaster Guitar Forum
The Number 1 Fender Telecaster Guitar authority in the world.

Go Back   Telecaster Guitar Forum > General Discussion Forum > Bad Dog Cafe
Forgot Username/Password? Join Us!
Notices

Bad Dog Cafe Hershey's Bad Dog Cafe is our Off Topic forum -- but NO POLITICS and NO FIGHTING. NOTE: Discussion of guitars other than Tele & Strat belongs in the "Other Guitars" forum and discussion of Music belongs in the "Music to Your Ears" forum.

Wilde Pickups by Bill & Becky Lawrence WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Amps, Mods, Pedals dallenpickups.com Warmoth.com seymourduncan.com

Forum Jump

Old February 22nd, 2012, 06:02 PM   #21 (permalink)
Tele-Meister

We live in an "I want it now society" When I was a kid and ordered something off a cereal box it was 6-8 weeks delivery.

JimmieT is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 23rd, 2012, 01:35 AM   #22 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

I wouldn't consider USPS Priority Mail as "expedited" shipping - not in any way, shape or form. It's standard shipping. UPS or FedEx guaranteed Next Day or 2nd Day are "expedited" shipping.

AND there is NO WAY a pedal shipped Priority Mail should cost $27.50. A large flat-rate box (which should easily hold a pedal, I think) only costs ~$15 (and the box is free).
Agave_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 23rd, 2012, 09:20 AM   #23 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

I received an email from Mr Hermida overnight.

Quote:
Please accept my apology. I looked at your order and I also realized that I also messed up and sent the order Priority mail. I will refund the your shipping expenses.

All of my pedals are in stock and they ship within a few days depending on the amount of orders I have to handle. I really don't know why yours was shipped that late.

Again, sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for bringing this up to me,

Alf
Now this is an honorable businessman!!
Full refund and an apology...that goes very far with me.

Well, now that I know what i'm in for...the wait doesn't seem out of order.
Thighbanez is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links   #
Sponsored posting

Old February 23rd, 2012, 09:48 AM   #24 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Bend View Post
Patience is a virtue. Be at peace and do not worry, the pedal will arrive at the exact time it was supposed to.

All is good I promise, and the world is a beautiful place. There is no need to become upset, these problems are very minor in the grand scheme of things.

take care...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thighbanez View Post
Thank you.
I will let this go.
*breathe deep*
*exhale*

Patience...
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmieT View Post
We live in an "I want it now society" When I was a kid and ordered something off a cereal box it was 6-8 weeks delivery.
Nice story. Sounds like a pretty good person to deal with.

I order picks from Red Bear from time to time. They're slower'n molasses, but I love my picks when they finally get here. Don Mare pickups take a while, too, but that won't stop me from placing my next order.

Ol' Simple, where you at?
P Thought is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 23rd, 2012, 09:51 AM   #25 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by drb1346 View Post
USPS Priority Mail is speed of light fast. I use it every time I can. Beats UPS/Fed Ex every time . . .
THIS.

Old February 23rd, 2012, 11:13 AM   #26 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtrman911 View Post
THIS.
No way!
After a full day of processing...the package shows as it is still in OPALACKA FLA.

Maybe USPS Priority Service out in the midwest works fast...but on the east coast it's as slow as the regular mail.

Old February 23rd, 2012, 01:03 PM   #27 (permalink)
Poster Extraordinaire

I think it really all depends on when the vendor/manufacturer/warehouse gets it to the post office. If they don't get it there until 5:00 pm - which is when usps essentially starts shutting down, then nothing is gonna even start to happen until the next day.
I too always use 'priority' and attempt to get anything to the post office before 2:00 pm. The earlier the better.
klasaine is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 23rd, 2012, 01:16 PM   #28 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thighbanez View Post
After a full day of processing...the package shows as it is still in OPALACKA FLA.
FWIW, it's sitting at a major USPS distribution point in Miami.

I talked to some USPS folks one time, possibly around Christmas? They advised to go with Priority if you want to see it arrive in a timely manner. For some reason, the more expensive USPS services, implying faster, are not faster. At the USPS, the common method is the fastest. "Special" handling is out of their norm, and takes longer, as it isn't where their major resources are focused. Defies logic, but it was pretty much from the horse's mouth.

I've had overall very good luck with USPS Priority, but I don't really ship very many things. I've done a good deal of online purchasing, most of the vendors used USPS, and it has almost without fail been quite efficient...

However, there was that *one box* of Christmas gifts I got from my brother, postmarked Dec. 10, that I got the following May ... that time, I thought I was in a Seinfeld episode with Newman
beach bob is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 23rd, 2012, 03:10 PM   #29 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach bob View Post
FWIW, it's sitting at a major USPS distribution point in Miami.

I talked to some USPS folks one time, possibly around Christmas? They advised to go with Priority if you want to see it arrive in a timely manner. For some reason, the more expensive USPS services, implying faster, are not faster. At the USPS, the common method is the fastest. "Special" handling is out of their norm, and takes longer, as it isn't where their major resources are focused. Defies logic, but it was pretty much from the horse's mouth.
See..that's the thing that I'm talking about.
I've been having the same bad experience everywhere I go. Every "Specialized" shipping service doesn't give what it says on the label. Like with 2-Day delivery and Overnight delivery with UPS and FED-EX.

Neither of them provide that service...as it is labeled on their descriptor.
The only time that i've been able to get FEX-EX to ship overnight, 2-day or less is when i have paid hundreds of dollars to ship items that required temperature/environment maintenance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach bob View Post
I've had overall very good luck with USPS Priority, but I don't really ship very many things. I've done a good deal of online purchasing, most of the vendors used USPS, and it has almost without fail been quite efficient...

However, there was that *one box* of Christmas gifts I got from my brother, postmarked Dec. 10, that I got the following May ... that time, I thought I was in a Seinfeld episode with Newman
Yikes!
I'm praying that doesn't happen to me.

Old February 23rd, 2012, 04:32 PM   #30 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

That five month delivery was a loooong time ago. Like 15 years ago.

Bear in mind, I am only speaking of the USPS.

FWIW, FedEx overnight is a completely different operation than all other FedEx. FedEx overnight is expensive but reliable. Completely different drivers than the FedEx ground operation. Some of the FedEx ground delivery guys I have heard about are real loonies. I know a guy that uses FedEx ground; the FedEx guy finds his place day after day, and then on certain days cannot find it, calling the business for directions. Explain that one!
beach bob is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 23rd, 2012, 04:52 PM   #31 (permalink)
Tele-Holic

I never pay for expedited shipping. UPS ground delivery always shows up earlier. An added bonus is that you can set your watch by my UPS guy. He's been delivering stuff--almost everything I own at this point--for over 10 years and he always shows up at approximately the same time.

Fed Ex and especially DHL seem to delight in sending me into a rage.
Hoopermazing is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 23rd, 2012, 05:20 PM   #32 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

I guess you never can tell how things will go nowadays.
All shipping companies are having issues I guess...

The USPS postal delivery people in my area of MD are all contractors and i get the feeling they don't have any real "Buy-in" to the job that they're doing.

Old February 23rd, 2012, 05:27 PM   #33 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

Well, remember that Priority Mail is really just first class that gets "priority" as to getting on a truck first. All of the Priority Mail pieces get loaded first onto the next truck. They get to skip the line of a first class piece, even if the first class piece is a day old and the priority piece has been there 5 minutes. I'll use USPS Express if I need to have a tracking number and cannot use FedEx, otherwise I use FedEx. FedEx Ground is the old RPS if I remember correctly, and those drivers are independent contractors. FedEx drivers are employees of FedEx. Very different companies that work differently, and FedEx is the best in the biz but are expensive. DHL no longer has US domestic operations, so they're only screwing you up on int'l stuff. UPS seems to have completely lost touch with what they're doing if you try to go in and use their counter. For somebody like QVC they're a well-oiled machine. FedEx and FedEx Ground are the best for the small company or individual.
superchicken_VI is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 23rd, 2012, 05:41 PM   #34 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

FedEx is probably the best of the bunch as you say, but sadly...very few vendors allow this as a shipping option.

Man, I remember back in the 90's when if you ordered something and used FED Ex or UPS, it was gonna be there in 2 days max! I remember the excitement of ordering something from Egghead Discounts and paying the shipping charge knowing that I would have it the next day or the day after...

*sigh*

Times are a changing...