I Still Hates Me some Packing Peanuts... - Telecaster Guitar Forum
The Number 1 Fender Telecaster Guitar authority in the world.

Go Back   Telecaster Guitar Forum > General Discussion Forum > Bad Dog Cafe
Forgot Username/Password? Join Us!
Notices

Bad Dog Cafe Hershey's Bad Dog Cafe is our Off Topic forum -- but NO POLITICS and NO FIGHTING. NOTE: Discussion of guitars other than Tele & Strat belongs in the "Other Guitars" forum and discussion of Music belongs in the "Music to Your Ears" forum.

Wilde Pickups by Bill & Becky Lawrence WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Amps, Mods, Pedals dallenpickups.com Warmoth.com seymourduncan.com

Forum Jump

Old March 29th, 2009, 07:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Doctor of Teleocity

I Still Hates Me some Packing Peanuts...

but when they are made of cellulose...

I can live me with somes...

"She's not only merely dead, she's really most sincerely dead." - The Munchkin Coroner
Buckocaster51 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 29th, 2009, 07:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Poster Extraordinaire

I like packing peanuts, their presence means I have a new toy.

Old March 29th, 2009, 07:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

Just add the starch-based ones to the compost pile or straight into the garden when you till it.
blacklinefish is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links   #
Sponsored posting

Old March 29th, 2009, 07:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Doctor of Teleocity

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacklinefish View Post
Just add the starch-based ones to the compost pile or straight into the garden when you till it.
Why didn't I think of that!

"She's not only merely dead, she's really most sincerely dead." - The Munchkin Coroner
Buckocaster51 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 29th, 2009, 07:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

or wait until the next wedding you attend and fill the couple's car with them before they go off on their honeymoon...IF (key word) they have a sense of humor

Old March 29th, 2009, 07:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
Telefied

I am eating peanuts.

The real ones.

Package says 14 grams of fat, 22 percent of my daily total.

Then it says a "serving" is one ounce of peanuts. One ounce?

Really?

One ounce isn't enough for a seven year old.

Darren Riley is using cellulose packing peanuts. Time for everyone else to step up.

This means everyone. Everytime I try and re-cycle/re-use the plastic ones, I get a lecture from somebody.
boris bubbanov is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 29th, 2009, 09:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
Former Member
Poster Extraordinaire

I like Jiff Peanut Butter.
tazzboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 29th, 2009, 09:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
TDPRI Member

I saved all mine and used them to ship guitars to all the LATE PAYERS on Ebay. Waiting 6 days for a Pay Pal payment begs for peanuts.
docrock55 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 30th, 2009, 01:05 PM   #9 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

One day I was waiting for UPS to deliver a guitar I bought on the E Bay.
I blew off work so I would be there when it came & ditch all the packaging before my wife got home from work.
I was trying to keep the whole thing a secret from her so I wouldn't get hollered at.
Naturally, about 10:30ish, she comes walking back in the front door.
She said she left work because she was sick & wanted to know what I was doing home. So I told her I didn't have to be at the job until noon.
I thought she'd go up to bed. But instead she laid down on the couch & fell asleep.
So I told her I was leaving & went out & hid in my truck waiting for the UPS truck.
I couldn't believe it. There were 3 different UPS trucks that actually stopped at different houses on my street, but still no guitar.
Finally, around 5: something, I see a brown truck coming up the street.(I could have really gone to work after all)
I ran over to my front porch to meet him so he wouldn't wake up the boss. And I got the guitar & put it in the truck, then drove to the park around the corner so I could unpack it & dispose of the evidence.
Damn if that box wasn't packed full of peanuts, which ended up all over my truck, in my pockets & down the back of my shirt and all over the park.
I somehow managed to get everything cleaned up & disposed of, which took forever. And when I got home I waited for my wife to go up to bed & brought the guitar inside.
Luckily, she never noticed because it was one of about 6 red guitars I had at the time.
But eventually, when she started to notice the living room getting more & more cluttered, I did start buying guitars that weren't red & let her in on it.
But the point to this whole ramblin' rant was that the damn peanuts almost got me caught & I wouldda been in big trouble, which I admit I deserved anyway.

Old March 30th, 2009, 01:11 PM   #10 (permalink)
Tele-Afflicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBeef View Post
One day I was waiting for UPS to deliver a guitar I bought on the E Bay.
I blew off work so I would be there when it came & ditch all the packaging before my wife got home from work.
I was trying to keep the whole thing a secret from her so I wouldn't get hollered at.
Naturally, about 10:30ish, she comes walking back in the front door.
She said she left work because she was sick & wanted to know what I was doing home. So I told her I didn't have to be at the job until noon.
I thought she'd go up to bed. But instead she laid down on the couch & fell asleep.
So I told her I was leaving & went out & hid in my truck waiting for the UPS truck.
I couldn't believe it. There were 3 different UPS trucks that actually stopped at different houses on my street, but still no guitar.
Finally, around 5: something, I see a brown truck coming up the street.(I could have really gone to work after all)
I ran over to my front porch to meet him so he wouldn't wake up the boss. And I got the guitar & put it in the truck, then drove to the park around the corner so I could unpack it & dispose of the evidence.
Damn if that box wasn't packed full of peanuts, which ended up all over my truck, in my pockets & down the back of my shirt and all over the park.
I somehow managed to get everything cleaned up & disposed of, which took forever. And when I got home I waited for my wife to go up to bed & brought the guitar inside.
Luckily, she never noticed because it was one of about 6 red guitars I had at the time.
But eventually, when she started to notice the living room getting more & more cluttered, I did start buying guitars that weren't red & let her in on it.
But the point to this whole ramblin' rant was that the damn peanuts almost got me caught & I wouldda been in big trouble, which I admit I deserved anyway.
Oh, what a tangled web we weave...Funny story.
tcadam is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 30th, 2009, 01:47 PM   #11 (permalink)
Friend of Leo's

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcadam View Post
Oh, what a tangled web we weave...Funny story.
Yeah...I actually meant to say that at some point.
But I went on & on 'til I forgot.

Old March 31st, 2009, 05:08 AM   #12 (permalink)
Poster Extraordinaire

The corn packing stuff tastes like offbrand Cheetos.
Slow Reflexes is online now   Reply With Quote