$vboptions[bbtitle]

My Squier Tele through my new 18 watt amp

rotren
November 12th, 2007, 11:18 AM
Here's my Squier Tele through my Heatseeker 18 watter, from www.mackamps.com - this is my best Tele tone to date, by far. :mrgreen:

My Tele has DiMarzio Virtual T pickups in it, otherwise it is stock.

NwiA03pBuSI

mehrsam
November 12th, 2007, 11:55 AM
That's some sexy pickin' you've got going on there...

Nice tone, too. But at $949 list, I'll probably continue on my Quest-For-The-Perfect-Tone.

Roli
November 12th, 2007, 02:03 PM
It was a nice, mellow, rich tone, and then suddenly... OMG! When you turned that clean boost on, that blew my head off! That's where it's at. Great chops too, thank you for posting it!

By the way, is that amp basically a Marshall 18W (or maybe VOX AC15) head? I'm curious.

tonedr
November 12th, 2007, 05:32 PM
you sure know what to do with a tele!! Great tone - sweet rig. All you need is a great guitar - into a great amp - and great fingers and you got it all. Pedals - who needs em. Keep up the great pickin, inspirational.

rotren
November 12th, 2007, 06:05 PM
Thanks guys! You know, I think my Squier sounds really good, but I still often get negative comments about the fact is "just" a Squier... oh well, it don't bother me.

The amp is designed quite similar to the 1974x Marshall I believe. There's more info on www.mackamps.com about it. I dig it a lot. It's a super simple amp, but it's got big TONE - that's all I need!

I am soon "replacing" this amp with an identical one, except it has an effects loop, in which I'll run reverb and perhaps delay.

trag-o-caster
November 12th, 2007, 06:08 PM
That was cool! You're a fine player, and you're sportin' a great tone to boot!

lupowitz
November 12th, 2007, 07:32 PM
Lovely tone, nice playing! Thanks for posting!

swooda
November 13th, 2007, 07:34 PM
I think your Squire "gasp" sounds purty durn good.......

Nice pickin bro.......