$vboptions[bbtitle]

Meyer-Briggs Personality Test

winny pooh
October 24th, 2007, 03:09 PM
After this was mentioned by Tim in the "introverted thread" I googled and found this test. Pretty interesting stuff, I'm an INTJ and it would seem very close how many and i would percieve myself. I guess I'm naturally curious and as such have also done a bunch of reading up regarding astrology and birth charts and much of it is very applicable.
Check it out and see what they say about you:

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

J-man
October 24th, 2007, 03:38 PM
INFP

Wow.. I just checked out the definition of INFP on Wikipedia, even though it's generalised, it does very much describe me!

In a nutshell I'm an idealist.:wink:

JStella
October 24th, 2007, 03:47 PM
ENFP here.

Cool - Joseph Campbell and Paul Robeson were ENFPs as well... Does this stuff mean a damn thing anyway?

Tim Armstrong
October 24th, 2007, 04:03 PM
ENFP too, although I come very close to INFP...

Cheers, Tim

Pesty
October 24th, 2007, 04:06 PM
Hmm... I'm supposed to go check in to the local Mental institution... it even told me where to get a straightjacket first :p

Apparently I am "ENFJ" Better go look that up...

Hmm.. Ideal carreer paths are Counselor or Teaching... well I was considering becoming a Counselor, but instead I'm planning on going into teaching in a few years... strange...

After reading the Wikipedia page... that is scary how accurate it is...

0le FUZZY
October 24th, 2007, 04:06 PM
Your Type is ISFJ.
Introverted=11%, Sensing=1%, Feeling=12%, Judging=56%.

...Watt a load of hogwash!!!

0le FUZZY

TelZilla
October 24th, 2007, 04:15 PM
I've taken this thing about 5 times for various employers. I can never remember what it says I am for more than about 10 minutes.

EunosFD
October 24th, 2007, 04:20 PM
I've taken it several times before as well always came out as an ENTP fwiw. You can find some info on the different type combos here:

http://typelogic.com/

cowboytwang
October 24th, 2007, 05:06 PM
Famous INTPs:

Socrates
Rene Descartes
Blaise Pascal
Sir Isaac Newton
Albert Einstein
Henri Mancini
Bob Newhart
Tiger Woods
James Madison
John Quincy Adams
John Tyler
Dwight D. Eisenhower
Gerald Ford

Roli
October 24th, 2007, 05:38 PM
INFJ

RomanS
October 24th, 2007, 05:42 PM
I'm an ISTP - http://keirsey.com/handler.aspx?s=keirsey&f=fourtemps&tab=4&c=crafter
http://typelogic.com/istp.html

... seems like I have to build more Partscasters! ;)

...and the list of famous ones looks quite OK to me, too!

Charles Bronson
Tom Cruise
James Dean
Clint Eastwood
Burt Reynolds
Keith Richards
Charlie Yeager
Frank Zappa
Bruce Lee
Michael Jordan
Woody Allen
Alan Shepard
Chuck Yaeger
Michael Douglas
Lance Armstrong
Kathrine Hephurn

getbent
October 24th, 2007, 05:46 PM
http://www.keirsey.com/

you guys might really enjoy the Keirsey-Bates Temperment sorter. I've found it to be a better predictor of success in building teams and working with groups of people... it is fun too!

KokoTele
October 24th, 2007, 05:54 PM
That test says I'm an ESFP. None of these tests have ever made a judgement that describes me accurately, but this one was the worst yet!

OutlawSteph1975
October 24th, 2007, 05:59 PM
I'm an INTJ and it would seem very close how many and i would percieve myself.

So am I. I think it's mostly right on. We're one of the rarer types, which I think is a plus.

What works against me is that I can't read other people properly if they aren't talking straight. I don't understand body language, and I know that I am not read right by others frequently. I see events like parties as a waste of time if there is no one to talk to about indepth matters like music theory or history. If there is no one I can learn from, I will be bored and absorbed in myself. Now, if TDPRI members were there, it would be another story! :smile: I find the idea of a wedding ceremony the biggest waste of time and money that I can think of. I don't know what I would do if a relationship ever came to that. I skipped college graduation to go to Prague.

howlin
October 24th, 2007, 06:00 PM
Right along with Ronald Reagan and Adolph Hitler. Good thing I'm not into politics. :smile:

I do think this stuff has its place but it does smack of a psychological "whats my sign" at the same time.

getbent
October 24th, 2007, 06:28 PM
I've taken it a bunch of times and find it is accurate if you choose not to be self conscious and just answer without over thinking the question.

I'm an XXFJ which completely mixed on the first two (introvert/extrovert--I'm equal parts both) and (s/n--i'm equal there too) but pretty far to the Feeling and Judging thing. The keirsey stuff is pretty in depth and provides methodologies for forming groups etc and for getting the best from folks and enabling them to do their best and have the best atmosphere. I think part of what makes it 'work' is that there is focus on the individual and their needs. That alone is significantly more than is offered in most workplaces and homes. Oy!

The KB gives me this feedback:

Idealists, as a temperament, are passionately concerned with personal growth and development. Idealists strive to discover who they are and how they can become their best possible self -- always this quest for self-knowledge and self-improvement drives their imagination. And they want to help others make the journey. Idealists are naturally drawn to working with people, and whether in education or counseling, in social services or personnel work, in journalism or the ministry, they are gifted at helping others find their way in life, often inspiring them to grow as individuals and to fulfill their potentials.

Idealists are sure that friendly cooperation is the best way for people to achieve their goals. Conflict and confrontation upset them because they seem to put up angry barriers between people. Idealists dream of creating harmonious, even caring personal relations, and they have a unique talent for helping people get along with each other and work together for the good of all. Such interpersonal harmony might be a romantic ideal, but then Idealists are incurable romantics who prefer to focus on what might be, rather than what is. The real, practical world is only a starting place for Idealists; they believe that life is filled with possibilities waiting to be realized, rich with meanings calling out to be understood. This idea of a mystical or spiritual dimension to life, the "not visible" or the "not yet" that can only be known through intuition or by a leap of faith, is far more important to Idealists than the world of material things.

Highly ethical in their actions, Idealists hold themselves to a strict standard of personal integrity. They must be true to themselves and to others, and they can be quite hard on themselves when they are dishonest, or when they are false or insincere. More often, however, Idealists are the very soul of kindness. Particularly in their personal relationships, Idealists are without question filled with love and good will. They believe in giving of themselves to help others; they cherish a few warm, sensitive friendships; they strive for a special rapport with their children; and in marriage they wish to find a "soulmate," someone with whom they can bond emotionally and spiritually, sharing their deepest feelings and their complex inner worlds.

Idealists are rare, making up between 20 and 25 percent of the population. But their ability to inspire people with their enthusiasm and their idealism has given them influence far beyond their numbers.

StuH
October 24th, 2007, 06:42 PM
INFJ here and I was really suprised, my wife has told my for years I was NFG I guess she is DUMB

Stubee
October 24th, 2007, 07:00 PM
I knew I was E--J but couldn't remember what. I also knew I was really borderline on the E and something else. So I took it: ENTJ, score 1-25-1-33. That's about right. I'm judgmental, ask my wife. I love being around people & parties & am OK with strange crowds...but then give me my time alone, please. And so on.

I used to use this in work settings and believe me, it really did help to understand some of my staff & fellow employees, like "hey, that's a clue to why they're acting that way". I can't argue it's read on me.

Guitar_Ninja
October 24th, 2007, 07:14 PM
According the the Meyers-Briggs test I'm INTJ, and according to the Keirsey one I'm rational. According to the Keirsey results INTJ's are 'Masterminds'. Of what I guess I'll just have to find out.

nvosmeier
October 24th, 2007, 07:22 PM
I am an an INTJ
Strength of the preferences %
Introverted 22
Intuitive 50
Thinking 25
Judging 33

amp boy
October 24th, 2007, 07:42 PM
I'm a ISTP, i don't know what it all means 'cause there are so many damn words to read through. I'll read it later....maybe.
oh cool

Famous ISTPs:

Charles Bronson .....so i'm death wish!!!!
Tom Cruise...pass
James Dean...............i don't have a 'cause....so what ya got.
Clint Eastwood.........he reminds me of my father.
Burt Reynolds......pass
Keith Richards..............i do prefer liquior to beer
Charlie Yeager.........hell yes, is this the CHUCK YEAGER!!!!!!!!!
Frank Zappa........muffin man, damn that is some off the best guitar playing and tone i have ever heard.....it's ridiculasly beautiful.
"goodnight austin texas..........wherever you are."
i'm gonna go put that on right now.
now i'm thinking on gjibson juniors, i want to play one.
p-90's eh ??
hmmmmmmmmmmm....i don't have a 'bucker gee'tar!!!!
just maybe....

yegbert
October 24th, 2007, 08:14 PM
INTP

Introverted 100
Intuitive 38
Thinking 1
Perceiving 11

Filthy McNasty
October 24th, 2007, 08:30 PM
I was hanging out one night at a friends house a few years ago and someone pulled the book/test out and we all took it. I came came up with ISTJ.

J-man
October 24th, 2007, 08:49 PM
Hmm famous INFP's include:

HANS CHRISTIAN ANDERSEN
EMILY BRONTE
NEIL DIAMOND
PRINCESS DIANA
MIA FARROW
HOMER
MARY, MOTHER OF GOD
MISTER ROGERS
ALBERT SCHWEIZER
OSCAR WILDE
SHAKESPEARE
YEATS

Tim Armstrong
October 24th, 2007, 09:07 PM
Okay, who gave the test to:

HANS CHRISTIAN ANDERSEN
EMILY BRONTE
HOMER
MARY, MOTHER OF GOD
OSCAR WILDE
SHAKESPEARE
YEATS

:mrgreen:

Tim

getbent
October 24th, 2007, 09:17 PM
http://samueljscott.files.wordpress.com/2007/04/homer_simpson.jpg

hmmmmmmmm the meyers briggs test.... it wasn't as hard as my motility test!

J-man
October 24th, 2007, 09:17 PM
Okay, who gave the test to:

:mrgreen:

Tim

That's what I thought.:mrgreen:

I just hope I don't suddenly become pregnant or decide to go on any odysseys.:lol:

beep.click
October 24th, 2007, 10:00 PM
ENFP

Is it still OK for me to play guitar...?

octatonic
October 24th, 2007, 11:08 PM
I've done loads of these in the past, over a period of years.
I have always been INFP- every single time.

dean
October 24th, 2007, 11:14 PM
Interestingly, my type was ENFJ (33-62-75-1), and when I checked out the type description, it called the type "The Portrait of the Teacher (ENFJ)"

I thought that was pretty good considering I just retired from 36 years teaching English!

Dean

blacklinefish
October 24th, 2007, 11:52 PM
Mine said ESTJ. Description said that I was a "Supervisor Guardian," and only 10% of the population. Also, apparently I am your boss - but I take good care of you all.

(Weird, because a dozen PhD's call me "boss.")

--gh

P.S. Because of my personality type (and an agreement with 0.F's statement above) I am the type of supervisor who would NEVER use a test like this on my colleagues/supervisees. Go figure.

BB
October 25th, 2007, 12:01 AM
Mine said INEPT.......still can't figure it out.......

Rocker AK
October 25th, 2007, 12:23 AM
INTJ

Introvert - 11
Intuitive - 38
Thinking - 25
Judging - 44

An "EVIL" Mastermind at that! :lol:

Some of this stuff is downright scary! It was dead on from career choices to lifestyle interests. On a few of the vague questions, I was thinking "it really depends on the situation." That's when I begin to feel I'm being interrogated by a knucklehead. Why would one not think about the question?

Some of the other INTJ's were:

Ulysses S. Grant
Niels Bohr
Peter The Great
Stephen Hawking
Dwight D. Eisenhower
Ayn Rand
Sir Isaac Newton

Way out of my league!

Colo Springs E
October 25th, 2007, 01:04 AM
Edit...

aznrambo481
October 25th, 2007, 01:05 AM
I got distracted 10 questions in.. what does that tell me?

Sea Level
October 25th, 2007, 01:10 AM
I'm an INTJ, or rocket scientist type. I need to work hard at getting out of my own head, which is like a bad neighborhood some tiimes. Maybe we need an INTJ thread.

macheesmo3
October 25th, 2007, 01:21 AM
I got INTJ 33 , 50 , 38 , 33 ( but the last time I took it my stats were a little more varied , seems like it was like 26 56 18 1 )

On the Keirsy one I was an "ARTISAN " but didn't buy all of the explanatory reports .

Bill
October 25th, 2007, 01:39 AM
They tried to make me take that where I work. After looking at the questionnaire, I became suspicious, and after looking more into Meyer-Briggs, I became more so. I rank it slightly better than reading my astrology sign in the newspaper.

For one thing, the test we were being asked to take had questions on it that were nobody's business, such as my religious beliefs. Can you imagine answering that in a corporate environment? I was really taken aback. There were a number of innappropriate questions like that, and, in addition to the dubious premise the test is based on, I decided to be the one person in our department who declined to participate. Basically, my fears were well-founded. Although the results were supposed to be confidential, everyone was talking about everyone else's answers, and categorizing them rather than dealing with them as individuals.

Anyways, it struck me as a pseudo-science based on Jungian psychological types, itself pretty controversial as lacking in scientific rigor.

BillyC
October 25th, 2007, 02:57 AM
ENFP

winny pooh
October 25th, 2007, 06:15 AM
They tried to make me take that where I work. After looking at the questionnaire, I became suspicious, and after looking more into Meyer-Briggs, I became more so. I rank it slightly better than reading my astrology sign in the newspaper.

For one thing, the test we were being asked to take had questions on it that were nobody's business, such as my religious beliefs. Can you imagine answering that in a corporate environment? I was really taken aback. There were a number of innappropriate questions like that, and, in addition to the dubious premise the test is based on, I decided to be the one person in our department who declined to participate. Basically, my fears were well-founded. Although the results were supposed to be confidential, everyone was talking about everyone else's answers, and categorizing them rather than dealing with them as individuals.

Anyways, it struck me as a pseudo-science based on Jungian psychological types, itself pretty controversial as lacking in scientific rigor.

Interesting, I too have taken some of the employer tests and for the most part lied as to put across that i am a team player and all that nonsense. I do find those tests pretty stupid and a consider employers stupid for even assuming that I wouldn't be smart enough to see through it.:roll:
The test I linked to was more of a personal thing.

captain gorgeous
October 25th, 2007, 07:45 AM
ENTJ "field marshall"

examples being Stormin' Norman, Margaret Thatcher, Bill Gates, Al Gore and Letterman. Apparently i don't like looking out of aeroplane windows because "i can't control it"

bollocks more like.

TG
October 25th, 2007, 08:02 AM
INFJ here.
Introverted89 Intuitive38 Feeling62 Judging1

Thing is...half the questions didn't really make sense to me either way so I'd choose yes or no randomly.

markophonic
October 25th, 2007, 08:14 AM
Your Type is
INFP
Introverted Intuitive Feeling Perceiving
67 38 25 11

Charlie Bernstein
October 25th, 2007, 08:49 AM
A life-long INFP. Hey, J-Man! Hey, Markophonic! How long does it take YOU guys to decide what to order?

Bill - I think you're mixing this up with something else. Meyers-Briggs doesn't ask people their religion.

You're right, though, to be concerned about workplaces abusing it. One common misuse is to promote E's over I's. Businesses that do that are just hurting their own competitiveness. E's aren't any more or less productive than I's. It's about HOW people function, not WHETHER they function. There's no competitive edge to making bosses out of people who talk before they think.

The main thing, though, is that it should only be used AFTER a person is hired - not as a tool for deciding whom to hire.

Here's another good one some workplaces use: http://www.cmi-lmi.com/kingdomality.html

I'm the Benevolent Ruler.

Now get back to work....

TelZilla
October 25th, 2007, 09:09 AM
I've taken it a bunch of times and find it is accurate if you choose not to be self conscious and just answer without over thinking the question.

Yeah, that's the key right there. I always find myself thinking about what the "right" answer is to the question. Whatever I think is the "right" answer tells a lot about me, I guess.

Charlie Bernstein
October 25th, 2007, 09:27 AM
Have trouble chosing answers? You're a P! (And the harder it is, the more of a P you are.)

J's can make snap Judgements. They open a menu, pick something, and close it - and closing it makes them feel like they've accomplished something. P's still have their menues open when the waitress arrives - and stands there tapping her foot. We actually get more satisfaction from browsing than deciding. Closure is BORING.

Which drives our P friends and co-workers crazy.

bo
October 25th, 2007, 09:29 AM
INTJ

echale iii
October 25th, 2007, 09:31 AM
Another INTJ here....

Introverted 78
Intuitive 62
Thinking 88
Judging 33

Every time I take this test, it comes up the same.... The personality descriptions fit me to a "T"...

I will rule the universe at some point, but don't worry, I'll be a benevolent despot :lol:

magicguitar
October 25th, 2007, 09:45 AM
ESTP. interesting

aunchaki
October 25th, 2007, 09:45 AM
Another INFP. Perhaps there's a pattern emerging...

I=33, N=38, F=62, P=33

OutlawSteph1975
October 25th, 2007, 10:25 AM
I'm the Benevolent Ruler. Now get back to work....

That was great! I'm a discoverer.

I'm off.. I'll be exploring new frontiers in the hinderlands on my wild mustang. :cool: :wink:

Telenator
October 25th, 2007, 10:54 AM
Another ENFJ here. Surprisingly accurate!

TelecasterBlooz
October 25th, 2007, 11:07 AM
INTJ here also...Pretty easy for me to "read" ulterior motives in situations and people. Also real easy for me to see right through folks. Like the breakdown says, we often develop a thin veil of social conformity, just to "blend" in...

woodman
October 25th, 2007, 01:28 PM
INTP. seems to fit. sadly, i'm no Einstein!

funny, though ... as a young man, i would've answered quite a few of the questions differently (read a good book or go to a party? now i'd rather read a good book, but years ago, i would've picked the party.)

Bill
October 25th, 2007, 04:32 PM
Bill - I think you're mixing this up with something else. Meyers-Briggs doesn't ask people their religion.

Hi Charlie,

I don't have a copy of the test anymore, but it was definitely Meyers-Briggs. The questions were something like,

"Do you put your trust in a higher power?"

and

"Do you consider yourself religious?"

They didn't ask what my religion was, just whether I had religious/spiritual beliefs. Even that could be a minefield if, suppose you were deeply religious and your boss wasn't, or the other way around. If you were laid off, you could ostensibly say it was due to your manager finding out you had religious differerences (even if that wasn't the reason). It's just an HR nightmare.

getbent
October 25th, 2007, 04:51 PM
Bill, go check the link at the beginning of the post. it is the myers briggs.

There are a ton of variants. The Keirsey-Bates is a variant but also does not venture into typically 'sensitive' areas. I read your post and was bummed that someone would administer and use the data and experience so recklessly.

I have used it with groups as a way to start the larger conversation of how different we all are and yet share some common traits. Not to end a conversation or define someone... but to do some team building. Not as a scientific or empirical way to assign roles at all.

It is interesting though that the folks whose personalities would typically look at this exercise with skepticism also have identifiers that would suggest they would look at it with skepticism.

with the KB it is a given possibility that folks will change to a degree over time, but I have found people who experience significant trait changes do so with intention. I first took the test as a very young man and was an enfj but as the years have progressed and I have taken on different roles and have accentuated different skills, two of my scores have changed slightly to the point that only the n and f are pronounced now... not better nor worse just age and stage and focus.

I have not found these tests threatening nor have I found them trivial. Like a lot of things you get out of them what you put in. I find it interesting to learn about my friends and about myself... these kinds of 'tests' are great ice breakers for doing that. ymmv.

Bill
October 25th, 2007, 05:14 PM
Hi Getbent,

Our director, who set this up, was not too thrilled with the way it was administered either. I think he was sorry he instigated the whole thing, and he was supportive when I politely declined to be part of it.

It didn't open discussions as much as started gossip and pigeon-holing, so in my department's case, it did not work out as planned. And I agree, so much depends on the way this sort of thing is administered and what it's used for. At it's best, it's a conversation starter and way to make people aware of differences in attitudes and approaches and interactions. At worst, it's a party game gone bad.

I'm sure if I took it, my score would come out as PITA. :roll:

wvmatt26041
October 25th, 2007, 05:16 PM
One more ENTJ here, the "Field Marshall"

"Hardly more than two percent of the total population"

"Fieldmarshals simply find themselves in charge of groups, and are mystified as to how this happened."

I am always amazed at how accurate some of these tests really are, and I usually really am mystified as to "how this happened" on a daily basis

Steveinthesticks
October 25th, 2007, 05:19 PM
INTJ

...along with both Hannibal & Clarice from Silence of the Lambs, that really made my day

At first I was surprised to see so many INTJ's on the list here since we are about only 1% of the population, but then again we are the most likely ones to be on the net researching the things we are passionate about!

I took the test online a few months ago and bought Keirsey's book(please understand meII). What has been useful to me is the sections on how the different types interact. I see that most of my close friends are INTj/p or ENFPs. After reading my mom's (guardian provider), my childhood makes sense, we rarely agree on anything.

Seeing the INTF-ENFP relationship death spiral process laid out(google it) was a real awaking, I now no longer blame myself for my most recent relationship crash and burns. And now I am seeing the patterns starting in prospective dates.

Steve

Big Lug
October 25th, 2007, 05:32 PM
IDGS (I Don't Give a ****** ).

getbent
October 25th, 2007, 05:33 PM
Hi Getbent,

Our director, who set this up, was not too thrilled with the way it was administered either. I think he was sorry he instigated the whole thing, and he was supportive when I politely declined to be part of it.

It didn't open discussions as much as started gossip and pigeon-holing, so in my department's case, it did not work out as planned. And I agree, so much depends on the way this sort of thing is administered and what it's used for. At it's best, it's a conversation starter and way to make people aware of differences in attitudes and approaches and interactions. At worst, it's a party game gone bad.

I'm sure if I took it, my score would come out as PITA. :roll:

Bill, I laughed out loud when I saw the last line. I read your posts all the time, maybe the last thing I would think is that you were a PITA! ha ha! you are like one of the good guys! sheesh! ha ha!

It is a drag when people do stuff half assed (I mean other than the way I conduct most of my life, of course) and if the group or the person is not in "growth" mode (an already fairly high functioning group wanting to go farther) it probably would lead to what you describe. I'm lucky. I work with really cool groups of people (generally) who would insist on it being right and using it postively... I really like the KB stuff... there is some stuff that I've done with Covey that was also well received... but you know, if a person is not interested... they're not interested.

Bill
October 25th, 2007, 06:49 PM
Hi Getbent,

Well, I've worked with some disfunctional groups whose efforts at team-building didn't work out quite as planned. At one company, the CEO and the VP of Marketing were living together but breaking up. For the Christmas party, the CEO decided bowling would be a good team-building exercise.

Unfortunately, they were having quite a fight that day. Until then, I hadn't believed it was physically possible for a 5-foot, two-inch woman to bowl over-handed.

Still, her efforts proved to me that "If you believe it, you can achieve it." So I guess I did come away from that event motivated.

hippietim
October 25th, 2007, 09:09 PM
INTP

Rocker AK
October 25th, 2007, 11:11 PM
I took the test again and AAAARG! WOOF WOOF! Did I do OK? Did I get the job? :lol: Friggin' idiots! I'm not dysfunctional, I'm a damned MASTERMIND and I command respect!!! :wink: That's it! Burn the village, kill the women and children!

SMPTE
October 26th, 2007, 12:43 AM
ITNJ, basically you're all gonna work for me someday.

echale iii
October 26th, 2007, 09:10 AM
Friggin' idiots! I'm not dysfunctional, I'm a damned MASTERMIND and I command respect!!! :wink: That's it! Burn the village, kill the women and children!

No, No, NO!!!! Don't burn the village and kill the women and children. Think about the ramifications of what you are saying!!!!!!

Here's how it works--leave the village standing, so the INTJs don't have to build new places to live right off the git-go. DO kill most of the men--all INTJ men part of the uber-race, so they are obviously exempt, and we need to keep a few of the single, non-INTJ men as slave labor. All non-INTJ married men and fathers (married or not) need to go. The reasons for that should be obvious. Our slaves can have the women we don't keep for ourselves as their reward for working, but any kids resulting from their hookups are going to be killed immediately at birth. DO kill all of the existing children, INTJ or not--we don't want a little nest of revenge-seekers growing up under our noses. The new crop of INTJ-fathered kids needs to be tested, and we'll see how their personality stacks up. They don't meet the INTJ critiera, they are gone, except for the ones we keep as replacement slaves.

(For those of you non-INTJs out there, THIS IS JUST A JOKE! It does, however, give you insight into how an INTJ thinks....)

ITNJ, basically you're all gonna work for me someday.

The line to be the emperor of the known universe forms to the left, and Charlie Bernstein already claimed he was the Benevolent Ruler. I'm watching him, though... If he slips up even the least little bit, I'm taking over....

Ahhh, the heck with it, I rescind my previous post--I'm not going to be a benevolent dictator, I'm going to be totally ruthless and rule with an iron fist.

thatsJared
October 26th, 2007, 10:15 AM
ISFJ - The Protector
(11, 12, 12, 33)

This is probably the most accurate personality description I have ever had. I took one of these about 6 or 7 years agao and I can tell you it was nothing like what it is now. Maybe I have matured.....hmmmm.....

daddyopapa
October 26th, 2007, 11:07 AM
My Type is:
INTJ
Mastermind
Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging
78 12 75 44

The description matches me to a T. I don't know why I attempt artistic endeavors like guitar playing when I should be readying my legions for world conquest.

Charlie Bernstein
October 26th, 2007, 12:39 PM
Okay, I just ran the numbers.

So far, of the 43 loyal TDPRIers who have divulged their MB scores:

- 29 I's / 14 E's
- 35 N's / 8 S's.
- 23 T's / 20 F's.
- 26 J's / 17 P's.

So the letters for this crowd are I, N, T, and J.

And there are 11 INTJ's here - huge!

At TDPRI, N's (intuitives) are the voting block to reckon with. (And I'm sure the N's could have guessed that! Now we need to guess what we can learn from the Sensates....)

My own MB score, INFP, shows up four times - unheard of in the general population - in 43, it shouldn't have even shown up once. No wonder I like it here!

My wife says there are also interesting pairings of letters to look at - so I'm gonna show her the tally and see what she says. Stay tuned...

blue metalflake
October 26th, 2007, 02:17 PM
E = 1
S = 38
T = 25
J = 89

No real idea what it all means - oh dear - I need a therapist. Horrible feeling that if I did it all tomorrow, there'd probably be a different result.

Charlie Bernstein
October 26th, 2007, 04:21 PM
Blue -

Yes. You are indeed a very sick person. And you're the first ESTJ to sign in here. Did you know that some mental hospitals have entire ESTJ wings that personnel can only enter wearing mylar and armed with mace, tasers, and necklaces of garlic?

Your MB is exactly the opposite of my INFP. I'm a year older than you, so I win.

I friend of mine tells me that under extreme stress, people temporarily flip out of their MB profile into their exact opposite - and display all the worst characteristics of that profile.

We had a burglar a few months ago at 3 a.m. I chased him out of the house. And I must admit, I was a raging extrovert judge for about a minute and a half there. Which was more than enough. Whew!

Now I know how Jekyll and Hyde felt.

getbent
October 26th, 2007, 04:30 PM
Now I know how Jekyll and Hyde felt.

I've just scratched so I know what hide feels like, and I have a hat made of felt, but I've never felt jekyll although I've heard that as a park hyde works quite nicely!

of course they say that Peter Lorre wasn't much of an actor unless he was acting like a truck.

TELEkinetic
October 26th, 2007, 04:41 PM
INJT 11-31-38-78

To outsiders, INTJs may appear to project an aura of "definiteness", of self-confidence. This self-confidence, sometimes mistaken for simple arrogance by the less decisive, is actually of a very specific rather than a general nature; its source lies in the specialized knowledge systems that most INTJs start building at an early age. When it comes to their own areas of expertise -- and INTJs can have several -- they will be able to tell you almost immediately whether or not they can help you, and if so, how. INTJs know what they know, and perhaps still more importantly, they know what they don't know.

Not too far off!

What I get from this is I waited too long to start building Telecasters.......

scooteraz
October 27th, 2007, 12:22 AM
You guys think that test is wierd, try the MMPI...find out if you are crazy. 538 more or less nonsensical questions to figure out whether you are normal or aberrant. Required of all US nuclear plant workers, high security clearances, etc. Read the wikipedia article here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minnesota_Multiphasic_Personality_Inventory

Oh, I am an ENTJ or an ENFJ depending on the day on this test. I am guessing the pop psych quiz on the net is worth what you paid for it. However, a better written test, longer with better anti-falsing might be of some (though not a ton) of value.

mr tom
October 27th, 2007, 12:50 AM
INTP, every time I have taken it. I'll echo the observations that the descriptions can seem scarily accurate - and when I read the descriptions of the other types, none of them make sense to me. There has to be more going for it than the horoscopes.

tbp0701
October 27th, 2007, 01:24 AM
INFJ.

Charlie Bernstein
October 27th, 2007, 10:02 AM
Another INTJ? Good grief - you guys are taking over!

SMPTE
October 27th, 2007, 11:04 AM
Another INTJ? Good grief - you guys are taking over!

Yes. Yes, we are.

/insert Megalomaniacal Laughter

Joel Terry
October 27th, 2007, 04:20 PM
I'm an INTJ and it would seem very close how many and i would percieve myself.

So am I. I think it's mostly right on. We're one of the rarer types, which I think is a plus.

What works against me is that I can't read other people properly if they aren't talking straight. I don't understand body language, and I know that I am not read right by others frequently. I see events like parties as a waste of time if there is no one to talk to about indepth matters like music theory or history. If there is no one I can learn from, I will be bored and absorbed in myself. Now, if TDPRI members were there, it would be another story! :smile: I find the idea of a wedding ceremony the biggest waste of time and money that I can think of. I don't know what I would do if a relationship ever came to that. I skipped college graduation to go to Prague.

That's me in a nutshell. In fact, I have been diagnosed as having high-functioning austism (which is a really a kind of vague, loose psychological concept, the more you read about--most everyone can find some sort of behavior within that indicates HFA).

It's funny--I can read people when they're the slightest bit aggravated with me or mad at me; on the other hand, I can't tell if someone is OK around me. I missed out on so many dates in high school because I could never--and still can't--read female body language. Unless, of course, it's absolutely blatant--even then, I'm not 100% sure; I always think it's some kind of lark.

My wife and I will be out to dinner, and out of nowhere, she'll rhetorically hiss, "Well, I wonder just exactly how much more she (our waitress) can stick her breasts in your face?!" And I just never notice it. Maybe if the waitress' breasts were hand grenades going off in my face...otherwise, I just don't see it.

Frankly and honestly, I think it's because I spend a lot of time in my own little world; it's where I'm truly at my best and feel the most comfortable.

As for Meyer-Briggs, I've taken it and the Keirsey more times than I can count, and it seems as if I'm a different type each time. So maybe I'm not a type of anything. People have their own perceptions. To some people, I'm a nice fellow, whereas I've heard of more than a few others who consider me cold and unapproachable. Depending who you ask, I'm a leader, a nonconformist, a 12-year-old kid, or somebody who goes along to get along. I know who and what I am; I just can't articulate it to someone else.

I suppose, to paraphrase Tigger, that whatever I am, I must be the only one. :razz:

Joel

Tom P.
October 27th, 2007, 05:12 PM
Another INTJ here!

urizen
October 27th, 2007, 07:47 PM
Okay, I just ran the numbers.

So far, of the 43 loyal TDPRIers who have divulged their MB scores:

- 29 I's / 14 E's
- 35 N's / 8 S's.
- 23 T's / 20 F's.
- 26 J's / 17 P's.

So the letters for this crowd are I, N, T, and J.

And there are 11 INTJ's here - huge!

Well, now there are 12---I passed it to some friends w/ a print-out of my score and the interp (for at least putatively independent feed-back/reality-check purposes), and they said the INTJ stuff fit me to a T.

David Barnett
October 27th, 2007, 07:49 PM
LSMFT

David Barnett
October 27th, 2007, 07:58 PM
Your Type is
ISTP

Introverted 89

Sensing 1

Thinking 50

Perceiving 11

I usually come up INTP, but the S/N axis is borderline so it can go either way depending on the wording of the questions.

xStonr
October 27th, 2007, 09:17 PM
I am an ISTJ type personality for what ever that's worth. A few different answers based on how I feel on any given day would make me a different type of personality. These things are just general templates.

Gilamnstr
October 27th, 2007, 11:49 PM
ESTJ. Truthfully, I put about as much stock in these type of "tests" as the ones in "Cosmopolitan" magazine that your wife always wants you to take, but the description of the ESTJ personality does describe me pretty well.