$vboptions[bbtitle]

GFS Dream 180's

superlightweigh
October 19th, 2007, 11:57 AM
I just put one of these in the neck position on my MIM Tele. I selected it b/c of

pearloid cover matches pick guard
low low price
love the P-90's in my Xaviere

It sounds real meaty, but it has NO Treble. Pickup is down almost as low as it will go to blend it with the neck pup (SD Vintage Stack) and they sound great blended together. But by itself, if I pick an open D or D minor chord, it has no sparkle, no highs whatsoever. I tried raising the screws under the top strings about a turn but no real improvement. Should I try really cranking the pole piece screws up, like two or three full turns???

Or should I try a SD Jazz Neck Humbucker????

emisilly
October 19th, 2007, 12:38 PM
What pot values do you have? If you have 250k that would explain the mudiness. 500k should get you where you need to be.

boneyguy
October 19th, 2007, 01:08 PM
What pot values do you have? If you have 250k that would explain the mudiness. 500k should get you where you need to be.

I agree with emisilly. I had a pair of them in a Tele and they were very bright and sparkely. Try putting in 500k pots and they should come alive.

superlightweigh
October 19th, 2007, 01:20 PM
I'll pick one up on my way home tonight

abraxas
October 19th, 2007, 01:24 PM
I have one in the bridge position on my Squier 51. Standard wiring, without tone control. It is very bright and punchy, in fact I seldom need the split option.

I suggest you experiment with pot values and, should you be disappointed with the results send it back to Jay for a replacement. :wink: