$vboptions[bbtitle]

Kluson Deluxe Tuners in Mexican Telecaster

Flannel Pat
July 25th, 2007, 05:24 PM
Hi, all. Long time listener, first time caller.

Anyhoo, I'd like to put some Deluxe Klusons in a Mexican Telecaster that I'm fixing up. However, someone that I know said that they wouldn't fit, because they have different bushing sizes. Does anyone know where to get different bushings, or any ideas? Thanks in advance.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Kluson-Deluxe-Vintage-Tuners-for-Fender-Strat-Tele-NEW_W0QQitemZ230142181330QQihZ013QQcategoryZ41434Q QrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

Flannel Pat
July 25th, 2007, 05:30 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Adapter-Bushings-Die-Cast-to-Vintage-Nickel-NEW_W0QQitemZ230154052170QQihZ013QQcategoryZ7266QQ tcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

I guess I answered my own question.

This can be closed now, please.

boris bubbanov
July 25th, 2007, 05:38 PM
There are several different sources for 'kluson' style nickel vintage tuners, Pat.
You may know the Baja and Nashville MIM Fender Teles have the 'Ping' version.
The US Teles often use the Gotoh version, and that is what I know best.
The difference between those two externally is .8 mm protrusion of the driving shaft past the tuner body on the Pings, opposite the button end.
These are available at Stewart MacDonald as item # 0648, for $ 28 when sets of tuners are bought in multiples of three or more.
For the MIM guitar, I recommend the conversion bushing in matching nickel; that'll add another $ 6-7 per set.
For me, the conversion bushing is a perfect fit on a MIA Tele, but a half wind of cloth tape can be required for the right fit on the MIM bores. I like pressing the bush in with a small enough phillips screwdriver shaft down the hole in the bushing, press in by hand, never forced.
The details for drilling pilot holes for the screws is posted here as well. I think this type of tuner looks the best, sounds the best, works the best, and plays the best. I curse every time I have to restring the Sperzels on my G + Ls.