$vboptions[bbtitle]

Pickups taps

johnny guitar
July 12th, 2006, 10:36 PM
I have been looking into getting some hotter pups for one of my teles, and I am coming across threads (such as benbo's thread on his new Rice Custom Guitar) where people talk about having a pickup with a tap, so it can produce a more vintage lower wind sound, and then this tap can unleash a 10K wind, or whatever. What is this? Is it a switch you have to add to your guitar? How is it installed? How do you access the thing to use the tap while you are playing?

JCollins
July 13th, 2006, 08:35 AM
Many years ago, I had a Tele with a set of Duncan Hot Tele pickups, with the tapped version of the bridge pickup. The bridge pickup had three leads -- one ground, and two, different hot leads. One hot was for the full pickup, and the other hot was for the partial pickup. A switch was needed to select which hot lead was being used. I had a standard, five-way Strat switch which gave me tapped bridge, tapped bridge+neck, neck, neck+full bridge, and full bridge.

moonshiner
July 13th, 2006, 01:16 PM
Yes, as Jim said, there are multiple leads.. you can use either a different selector or a DPDT switch... whatever works for you...