$vboptions[bbtitle]

Tele/Spaghetti Western instrumentals?

Nantokaman
February 5th, 2014, 11:45 AM
Hey Guys,

Lately, I am really interested in the country/Telecaster instrumentals. I have been listening to alot of Brad Paisley's instrumentals such as Eastwood, Onryo, and Throttleneck I am also listening to Redd Valkaert's Tube'n. Are there any other songs/artists I should be checking out for their Telecaster/ old spaghetti western instrumental sound? (Tele/banjo sound)? I have also been listening to Danny Gatton and Roy Buchanan's stuff as well lately.

Tele Instrumental music? I will check out anything you guys can through at me.

Thank you for your help and energy.

Spencer

BelairPlayer
February 5th, 2014, 01:13 PM
For great tele instrumentals, absolutely anything by Jim Campilongo. He's had a new album come out just this month.

FMA
February 5th, 2014, 02:59 PM
For great tele instrumentals, absolutely anything by Jim Campilongo. He's had a new album come out just this month.

Beat me to it. Amazing player. I know it's not instrumental stuff, but his work with the Little Willies is great.

Nantokaman
February 5th, 2014, 03:33 PM
Belair Player and FMA,

Thanks for introducing me to Jim Campilongo. Absolutely brilliant!!! He has amazing tone!!! Very cool!!!

Spencer

Timbertea
February 5th, 2014, 11:25 PM
Most of the true spaghetti western stuff is done with a baritone guitar. Nothing against a tele and an octave pedal, but its not quite the same.

Nantokaman
February 5th, 2014, 11:33 PM
Timbertea,

I had no idea. Thank you for letting me know. :)
You have given me something to think about and wrap my head around. And something else now on my wishlist.

Thank you for enlightening me.

Is the tuning changed then for those types of songs?

Spencer

loopy reed
February 5th, 2014, 11:47 PM
I love listening to early Morricone stuff, but I've read that's a Jaguar...

Nantokaman
February 5th, 2014, 11:53 PM
Loopy Reed,

Thanks for the heads up. I didn't know who was behind those Spaghetti Western soundtracks. Thank you very much!!

Great Stuff!!!!

loopy reed
February 6th, 2014, 12:01 AM
Loopy Reed,

Thanks for the heads up. I didn't know who was behind those Spaghetti Western soundtracks. Thank you very much!!

Great Stuff!!!!

Glad I could help!

Kitty
February 6th, 2014, 12:55 AM
No tele involved ( although there is a strat in the back), one of my fav bands. Not all spaghetti western but quite a bit..

Federale..
XFTmjtduAnk

hm3JEY91VGk

vjf1968
February 7th, 2014, 12:11 AM
No tele involved ( although there is a strat in the back), one of my fav bands. Not all spaghetti western but quite a bit.. Federale.. <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFTmjtduAnk">YouTube Link</a> <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hm3JEY91VGk">YouTube Link</a>

Pretty cool but I think I may get bored if they played a 40 minute set of the Ennio sounding stuff.

tweedtone
February 7th, 2014, 12:33 AM
Ooh...digging Federale...thanks for the heads-up!

Whoa Tele
February 7th, 2014, 07:23 AM
Richard Bennett (Mark Knopfler's co guitarist) has a great CD called Themes From a Rainy Decade. Mostly strat but beautiful Hank Marvin type tones with a southwestern sound on alot of the tunes

Big tuna
February 7th, 2014, 09:42 AM
If you like 60s spag western and theme songs check out 'Man from Ravcon' facebook page it will lead you to some good stuff to listen to. the song " the jetsetters' was stuck in my mind for days. I ran across his stuff on offset guitar forum.

GuitOp81
February 7th, 2014, 11:14 AM
There is some information about the guitarists in Ennio Morricone's spaghetti western stuff.
They really used any guitar available, from acoustic with pickups, to classical with a microphone to straight electric.
Pino Rucher was one of the credited studio guitar players with Morricone and here a more recent recording guitarist with Morricone plays Rucher's guitar, the one used in some of those old recording sessions.

5JkMe9F_teA

loopy reed
February 7th, 2014, 11:19 AM
There is some information about the guitarists in Ennio Morricone's spaghetti western stuff.
They really used any guitar available, from acoustic with pickups, to classical with a microphone to straight electric.
Pino Rucher was one of the credited studio guitar players with Morricone and here a more recent recording guitarist with Morricone plays Rucher's guitar, the one used in some of those old recording sessions.

5JkMe9F_teA

Oh cool! Thanks for posting this.

I like how they didn't really bother tuning the guitar for the last bit of The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly. Wouldn't work any other way.

GuitOp81
February 7th, 2014, 11:22 AM
The list of Morricone's guitar players includes: Pino Rucher, Bruno Battisti D'Amario, Alessandro Alessandroni, Enrico Ciacci.
There was a legal dispute a while ago over who played what.
Three of those guitar players (and Ennio Morricone himself) can be heard talking guitar, going down memory lane and playing something here:

RtckeaMrXOs

GuitOp81
February 7th, 2014, 11:28 AM
Morricone and Sergio Leone (the director) say it all started with this arrangement of Woody Guthrie's Pastures of Plenty made by Morricone.

XAE9tFd6WkQ

Tim Bowen
February 7th, 2014, 01:40 PM
Is the tuning changed then for those types of songs?

Not speaking to any particular songs, but baritone guitars in general: typically, the string pairs are tuned the same as a standard guitar (pairs of fourths, except for third and second string pair which is a major third apart) - only lower in pitch. Probably the most common baritone guitar tuning is B-B, a perfect fourth lower than standard guitar. Two other fairly common bari tunings are A-A and C-C. I tune my Danelectro baritone guitar A-A.

Tim Bowen
February 7th, 2014, 01:46 PM
Richard Bennett (Mark Knopfler's co guitarist) has a great CD called Themes From a Rainy Decade. Mostly strat but beautiful Hank Marvin type tones with a southwestern sound on alot of the tunes

An absolutely fantastic record.

gwjensen
February 7th, 2014, 01:57 PM
Spaghetti western surf style guitar. CD or MP3 from Amazon. Good fun.

gwjensen
February 7th, 2014, 04:43 PM

Listening to snippets on Amazon. I love this kind of instrumental music. Definitely going to order it.

nirvana
March 7th, 2014, 12:40 AM
By watching movies like this one?

The good the bad and the ugly - The best theme tune ever - YouTube

guitar dan
March 7th, 2014, 04:13 PM

5JkMe9F_teA

What is the name of the song that he plays in the very beginning of this clip?

Obsessed
March 7th, 2014, 06:17 PM
Morricone and Sergio Leone (the director) say it all started with this arrangement of Woody Guthrie's Pastures of Plenty made by Morricone.

XAE9tFd6WkQ

My jaw just dropped to the floor. I did not know this. Thanks for posting.

newrider1969
March 9th, 2014, 02:52 AM
The Sadies! Especially their early stuff.

burtwangcaster
March 11th, 2014, 12:02 PM
I'm having a lot of fun with spag. western and other guitar instrumental music of the
60's as of late. My esquire gets a great 'steel-like' sound. I also use a Gretsch 6118, tuned a whole step down [lo-D] using Heavy Core strings to maintain tention. Throw in a tube reverb...mmm boy.

DakotaRed
March 11th, 2014, 12:36 PM
James Wilsey - El Dorado. He uses a Strat instead of a Tele, but I think the music is what you are looking for.

Also possibly Matt Rae's Tele-Pathic. Tele yes, spaghetti sorta.

paratus
March 11th, 2014, 01:25 PM
If you are into the theme from The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly, you can find a zillion versions at

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=the+good%2c+the+bad%2c+and+the+ugly+theme +ensemble+guitars+video&FORM=VIRE5#view=detail&mid=F409D30A175F349F1658F409D30A175F349F1658