$vboptions[bbtitle]

fidelitron pickups...where to buy?

deaky44
November 18th, 2013, 10:15 AM
hello
id like to start a cabronita project.
and thatfore i need a pair of fender fidelitron pickups.
does anybody knows, where to buy them?
does fender sell these pickups?
thank you for your help
best regards
gerd

OpenG Capo4
November 18th, 2013, 10:58 AM
Fender sells all their stuff direct now so you could probably just get them there. Or an Ebay vendor like Stratosphere.

Zillinois
November 18th, 2013, 01:46 PM
I'm not sure those are available yet, and you can always go for the real deal with tvjones.com.

Fearnot
November 18th, 2013, 01:50 PM
Wouldn't the 'real deal' be Gretsch Filtertrons? And Gretsch is owned by Fender... who makes Fidelitrons...

Yes, it's all too tangled.

Vox66
November 18th, 2013, 04:02 PM
Cuba?

hecubus
November 18th, 2013, 04:59 PM
Cuba?

Good one.

Wayne Alexander
November 18th, 2013, 10:07 PM
No, the real deal of newly manufactured Filtertron type pickups, lately, is TV Jones Classics Filtertrons. He's made a better version of the 50s - 60s Gretch Filtertron than modern Gretch has.

I don't know anyone who doesn't love TV Jones Classic Filtertrons, if they want a Filtertron type pickup. Some budget minded people may think that the modern Gretsch ones or the Fidelitrons are ok, but I don't know anyone who has played all of them who wouldn't prefer the TV Jones ones.

Martinp
November 18th, 2013, 10:16 PM
Cuba?

ahhhh, fidel itrons!!!!

Codger
November 18th, 2013, 10:24 PM
How about the Filtertron HS?

ac15
November 18th, 2013, 10:51 PM
I don't know anyone who doesn't love TV Jones Classic Filtertrons, if they want a Filtertron type pickup. Some budget minded people may think that the modern Gretsch ones or the Fidelitrons are ok, but I don't know anyone who has played all of them who wouldn't prefer the TV Jones ones.

I've had both. I prefer the current stock Gretsch Filtertrons. They're very good pickups and if you search on the Gretsch forums you'll see that there are a lot of people who feel that way, or at least feel that they are very similar (they are).

There is no difference between the two pickups that can't be compensated for by turning a knob slightly on your amp.

ac15
November 18th, 2013, 10:52 PM
How about the Filtertron HS?

Excellent pickups.

PumpJockey
November 18th, 2013, 10:55 PM
I scored 2 Gretsch Filtertrons for $45 each on eBay. Keep your eyes peeled there.

MadJack
November 19th, 2013, 12:05 AM
I used a set of GFS Vintage Nashville Retrotrons (http://www.guitarfetish.com/GFS-Retrotron-Series_c_99.html) in my Faux Cabronita. Not bad for budget p'ups.

wwit
November 19th, 2013, 08:39 AM
Since buying my MIM Thinline Cab a while back, I have searched for any info I can find on the Fideli'Trons.

Only place I could find that selling them is a Ebay guitar parts chop shop.

And the Fideli'trons are all the same no matter if they came from a $750 MIM Thinline or a $300 Squire. Designed by FMIC and manufactured by BHK.

I was curious about buying a set myself, but have since convinced myself to just bite the bullet and get a set of TV Jones instead.

deaky44
November 19th, 2013, 09:39 AM
thank you very much for your answers.
i played the fidelitron pickups compared to the tv jones....and that was not thaaat much differnce. you can hear it , of course....but im not shure to pay that price....and hopefully i find a pair of the fidelitrons

bullfrogblues
November 19th, 2013, 10:09 AM
thank you very much for your answers.
i played the fidelitron pickups compared to the tv jones....and that was not thaaat much differnce. you can hear it , of course....but im not shure to pay that price....and hopefully i find a pair of the fidelitrons

I sent a PM to you on a source for Fidelitrons.
http://www.tubesandmore.com/products/P-PUGRET1

deaky44
November 19th, 2013, 10:39 AM
thank you, bullfrogblues....but i would like a pair of the fidelitrons.....i think they sound a little bit darker to me....

bullfrogblues
November 19th, 2013, 10:53 AM
thank you, bullfrogblues....but i would like a pair of the fidelitrons.....i think they sound a little bit darker to me....

Oops, sorry about that Deaky. I read Fidelitrons correctly, but my mind said Filtertrons....Old age...:lol:

Gibson
November 21st, 2013, 12:35 AM
I've seen FideliTrons and Gretsch FilterTrons (new and used) on eBay.

You can also order FilterTrons from Angela Instruments (http://angela.com/).

deaky44
November 21st, 2013, 12:56 AM
thanks to all....i found a pair of fidelitrons