$vboptions[bbtitle]

Oh No!! - Wampler Ace Thirty

D_Schief
November 5th, 2013, 11:35 AM
I did a quick search and didn't see that anyone has mentioned this yet. But I definately think I see yet another Wampler pedal in my future. http://www.wamplerpedals.com/heritage/ace-thirty.html

0Jdj561e9_s

2RWDQQRnGUA

vjf1968
November 5th, 2013, 12:21 PM
You didn't look hard enough

http://www.tdpri.com/forum/stomp-box/440376-new-wampler-pedal-vox-inspired.html

D_Schief
November 5th, 2013, 02:24 PM
Sorry for the oversight! I searched for "Ace Thirty" -- the name of the pedal. Yesterday's posts don't ever mention the pedal by name (except in the title of the embeded YouTube video, which apparently the TPDRI search engine doesn't reach. Go figure.)

In any event, I figure it will be easy for me to justify this purchase. I've been running a stereo rig with an Allen Encore with a couple of Red Fangs and a Dr. Z Stang Ray with a couple of Golds. Then, I "had to" get a Strymon Flint for the Z, even though the Encore has luscious reverb and tube tremolo. But its just too much gear to haul around, and would save me a pretty penny to sell off the Z, the Gold and the Flint.

StormJH1
November 5th, 2013, 02:27 PM
Oh no is right! I was just remarking that Wampler didn't make a good "Vox in the Box". I think they used to have one, but not as part of their active lineup.

This is serious trouble for my wallet! This will get me serious hate, but I did not like the Catalinbread CB30 at all. Super thin and harsh, and it got dirty way too easily - I flipped it.

At the same time, I genuinely like the Boss BC-2 Combo Drive for both clean and dirty tones. The Joyo AC Tone is nice to as a "direct-in/preamp" pedal, but I don't like it as much as a stompbox.

Crap. Haha.

Slickster
November 6th, 2013, 11:22 AM
just when you think you don't need any new pedals ... dang it!

Pedalhead
November 7th, 2013, 11:24 PM
Just heard the Burgs clips. crap..... Never ending .

Ed Boyd
December 5th, 2013, 04:31 PM
This thing sounds great. I stopped by the shop during lunch and heard this thing using a Les Paul with P90s into the nose of a Mesa Expess 50:5 Plus. It's killer. I won't be getting it because I don't need it and like what I do have. But it is killer. I didn't ask about the price. I'm guessing around two and half.

StormJH1
December 5th, 2013, 05:51 PM
This thing sounds great. I stopped by the shop during lunch and heard this thing using a Les Paul with P90s into the nose of a Mesa Expess 50:5 Plus. It's killer. I won't be getting it because I don't need it and like what I do have. But it is killer. I didn't ask about the price. I'm guessing around two and half.

Cool man! I was looking to hear some actual reviews from people since it started shipping 11/29. I have no doubt it is awesome, but the $239 U.S. Price tag (I think) is a pretty big hurdle for me.

D_Schief
December 5th, 2013, 05:55 PM
I figure it will be easy for me to justify this purchase. I've been running a stereo rig with an Allen Encore with a couple of Red Fangs and a Dr. Z Stang Ray with a couple of Golds. Then, I "had to" get a Strymon Flint for the Z, even though the Encore has luscious reverb and tube tremolo. But its just too much gear to haul around, and would save me a pretty penny to sell off the Z, the Gold and the Flint.

Just sold the Dr. Z and the Golds (which I had planned to do anyways) and so had no excuse not to order the Ace Thirty on the first day it became available. Still waiting its arrival!!

Ed Boyd
December 5th, 2013, 05:57 PM
The store here has two one is already sold. I don't think the 2nd one will last long.

Obsessed
December 5th, 2013, 11:08 PM
Yeah, this one hurts me big time. I revolved my whole pedalboard around my Vox V810 Valvetone pedal, but the vids of this Wampler Ace 30 are truly impressive. And they ain't gonna be on ebay for cheap for a very, very long time.

Paul G.
December 5th, 2013, 11:15 PM
Quite impressive.

P.

Tele-beeb
December 6th, 2013, 05:17 PM
Definitely on my wishlist.

Vortexan
January 15th, 2014, 07:13 PM
Just got an email from Wampler that the guys at Vox took exception to the name Ace Thirty. He said rather than fight lawyers he is giving away the last one to whoever comes up with a new name for it. Might just buy one now to have as a collectible.

wheels327
January 21st, 2014, 09:56 PM
Just got an email from Wampler that the guys at Vox took exception to the name Ace Thirty. He said rather than fight lawyers he is giving away the last one to whoever comes up with a new name for it. Might just buy one now to have as a collectible.

Just rationalized and bought one for that exact...er...reason, well, that AND it's a Wampler. Demos sound good. Can't wait to try it for real.