$vboptions[bbtitle]

Virgil Arlo

mrkenny
September 17th, 2013, 09:38 AM
Anyone use his pickups? What does he do that's different? His pickups are like $300+. Just curious.

Doug 54
October 8th, 2013, 10:14 PM
btt

Never heard of em either.
There's a bio on 'Virgil' but really doesn't say anything

Derek Kiernan
October 8th, 2013, 11:49 PM
"Ever wonder what a real vintage set of Telecaster pickups sounded like when they were brand new?"

The same they sound right now. Not a question that inspires confidence. Unless he's done work under another name, I've seen almost nothing on him (google results similar), but maybe he is popular "in the scene"? That's a lot of money to drop.

mrkenny
October 9th, 2013, 06:31 PM
Just today someone told me that it might be a joke.

Old Bill
October 9th, 2013, 06:44 PM
You've all heard about the kings new clothes. Some fool will buy 'em.

Doug 54
October 10th, 2013, 01:10 PM
yea, the bio says absolutely empty space.

My 'Virgil' is a historic Greek literary figure!

yepf
October 20th, 2013, 03:24 AM
I recently purchased a set of Virgil Arlo tele pickups. As has been noted, there isn't a lot of info available about his pickups. However, I did read a couple of very positive reviews so I decided to take a chance.

The pickups sound absolutely gorgeous. They're really exceptional. I don't recall what the exact spec is. I think that the bridge is 7.4k and the neck 6.4k. I don't know what type of magnets or wire he uses.

He was very easy to deal with. Emails were promptly responded to. I was told the pickups would take 8 weeks, and that's how long they took.

Tone is a personal thing, and it's hard to describe what a set of pickups sounds like. What sounds great to me may not sound great to others. All I can say is that I'm extremely happy with them. They're a joy to play. They're not cheap, but in my opinion they're worth every penny.

SPUDCASTER
October 20th, 2013, 07:34 PM
Anyone ever notice how Virgil Arlo and Don Mare have never been seen at the same location at the same time:confused:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........................

Just a coincidence? You be the judge.:wink:

Don Mare
October 21st, 2013, 07:29 AM
Anyone ever notice how Virgil Arlo and Don Mare have never been seen at the same location at the same time:confused:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........................

Just a coincidence? You be the judge.:wink:

I'm here,
popcorn in hand too!

:grin::grin::grin:

Ricky D.
October 21st, 2013, 10:25 AM
No physical address, phone number, or email address on the VA website. One testimonial here and it's a first-time post.

Good enough for me. It's only $900.00 (inc. shipping and handling) for a Strat set and a Tele set. I'll order up one of each and let you know.