$vboptions[bbtitle]

'57 Strat Reissue Questions

robinje
August 21st, 2005, 08:18 AM
Hello. This is my first post on this forum!

I am very close to buying a new '57 Reissue Strat. But I have a couple of questions...

Does a truss rod adjustment require neck removal? How many springs are included for the tremelo system and is this system fairly easy to maintain/adjust? Can the "in between" pickup combinations be obtained without installing the 5-way selector?

Thanks!

Mark Davis
August 21st, 2005, 09:14 AM
You can adjust the truss rod without removing the neck but its alot easier to remove the neck and if your shop does a good setup depending on the weather in your area it might never need adjusting. Living here in Bakersfield I set mine once and they stay there never needing more adjustments unless I dont go wild and make some major string size changes.

They come with 3 springs installed and 2 extra in a package. Its easy to adjust and maintain again the shop should set the tremelo as part of the sertup and you shouldnt have to worry too much.

You can get the inbetween sounds on a 3 way switch but there is nothing to keep the switch inplace when you have the switch in just the right place so most people use the 5 way switch for the 2-4 positions.

The 57ri's are nice. Before you make a final decision try one of the 50's Classic Strats. Same guitar basicly with lower quality pickups poly finish but 1/2 the price.

Welcome to the forum.