$vboptions[bbtitle]

Fender Reverb pan cables..need help

JoeyV
June 24th, 2005, 09:58 AM
Is there something else besides that braided metal cable that I can use for connecting the Reverb can to the jacks on the back of my Fender amp? Wont just regular RCA to RCA jacks like on a stereo work? or do I need something specific?
Thanks,
J.

JoeAArthur
June 24th, 2005, 11:21 AM
Regular RCA cables will work just fine. Just use something besides the cheaply made Radio Shack.

jguitarman
June 24th, 2005, 02:32 PM
If you can find RCA cables with 90 degree ends it will work a lot better. This is especially true when you try to stuff the reverb tank inside the bag. It's also better suited for the rear of the chassis instead of the straight plug.

RussBert
June 24th, 2005, 05:56 PM
www.tubesandmore.com

They sell a nice set for $2, part # S-H273

zook
June 25th, 2005, 08:59 AM
www.mouser.com

part # 172-1001

These are the ones I use in my Elizabeth reverb amp. They are also the same ones that David Allen uses.

Winnie

JoeyV
June 26th, 2005, 10:21 AM
I will try some nice cables...thanks for the info guys...how about those monster cables they sell at like Best Buy ? Are the ones for use with a VCR different?
J.

JohnnyAtomic
June 26th, 2005, 10:22 PM
I will try some nice cables...thanks for the info guys...how about those monster cables they sell at like Best Buy ? Are the ones for use with a VCR different?
J.
skip it. i'd rather have cheap molded radio shacks than those. one problem is the ends are so big you'll have trouble getting the tank to fit back into the bag.
whatever you do don't buy ones that are over 6 feet long and 3 foot would be better. this is one case where i've found that expensive is usually worse than cheap. at least in terms of functionality. tonally that's a whole other can of worms. i've used cheapo molded cables with great results.