$vboptions[bbtitle]

How do I apply quotes, italics, etc.?

Michael
March 27th, 2003, 05:01 PM
I didn't see anything in the FAQ about this and I couldn't blunder my way through it on my own. Please advise.

Silverface
March 27th, 2003, 05:17 PM
Reply to this post and look just above the box you type in...

There are "buttons" there for you to use. Hit i once, type what you want and hit i again for italics...same thing for bold and underline.

For quote, select the text you want to quote and hit quote:Then paste the text Then hit quote again.

Hope that helps!

Michael Murphy
March 27th, 2003, 05:18 PM
On both the 'New Post' and 'Post Reply' screens, down in the lower left corner there is a box called 'Options'. The word "BBCode" appears as a link. Click it and it will take you to an explanation of how to use this stuff.

Also beneath the subject line on either of these screens is a series of buttons: B, i, u, etc. You can click to perform these functions w/o having to write anything, or if you just rest the cursor on the button, the line below will show what to type in to do it manually.

If you click on the 'Quote' link in the top right corner of the post you want to quote, it will take you directly to the 'New Post' screen, with the entire post already there. You can then just delete the parts you don't want to quote (if applicable) and then go on from there.

It's not really all that hard once you try it a few times- I'm pretty much of a non-internet geek, and I've managed to pick a lot of it up pretty easily. BBCode is a lot simpler that HTML, I think....

-Michael
Charter Member S. Texas He-Man Emoticon Haters Local #316