$vboptions[bbtitle]

Paul McCartney's new album??

jmcfender1
March 30th, 2012, 09:32 PM
I heard a small bit of NPR's interview with Paul McCartney today. He's got a new album out called "Kisses on the bottom" I think. From what I heard I liked it more than I usually like new albums these days.

Anyone have it yet?

hekawi
March 31st, 2012, 05:35 AM
i have it. i like those old tunes and Paul does a nice job singing them. nothing spectacular, but it's a good entry in the "Great American Songbook" bandwagon that a lot of artists are jumping on.

7Ll_WhBb8KM

as a sidelight, i made myself a mix cd of the songs by their "original" artists (Fats Waller, Ella Fitzgerald, etc) and i like it much better.

as albums of oldies go, i much prefer Paul's Run Devil Run and Choba b CCCP (the Russian album)

jmcfender1
March 31st, 2012, 07:10 AM
Thanks for the review. I'll likely pick it up the next time I'm in town.

Fearnot
March 31st, 2012, 09:47 AM
One reviewer said 'this is the album John always warned us Paul would make'.

I'm going with that.

telepath
March 31st, 2012, 09:54 AM
A musician who once had created one of the very tallest mountains of credibility - and rightly so. I wish he'd stopped chipping away at it so diligently ever since.
There is very little left to look at now.

No, I have not heard the new album, so unfair comment? well .. the concept alone here is warning enough.

RedGuitars
March 31st, 2012, 11:14 AM
If you like jazz and the old big band standards you will like the CD. Diana Krall and her band serve as his backup band. Clapton also plays on a couple of the songs. It's OK, not one of my favorite CDs but worth listening to a few times.