$vboptions[bbtitle]

I made a tremolo pedal for my Vibro Champ (and I stink at soldering) for $6.

studio1087
March 8th, 2012, 09:47 PM
OK - reality check - it's just a switch. Bonehead simple. Truly bonehead simple but I want you to know something.......

If you gathered the 3 worst solderers that you know and lined them all up......I would be about 4 levels beneath them.

Remember when you were 10 years old and you used gobs of solder on the smallest connection and then you dripped hot solder on your mom's kitchen table and then you said screw it and used the soldering iron as a wood burner because that was more fun????? That's me at age 47. I am a soldering maroon.

See the little pedal? See it back there?

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k106/johnlg-2006/photo-86.jpg

Yahhhhhhh!

Stopped at Radio Shack......

Plastic Project Box - $1.50
Switch - $1.50
Metal RCA Male Jack- $1.00
8 feet of black electrical cord - $2.00

$6.00.......it actually works. I had to check my shorts when the thing worked. Holy cow. :shock::shock:

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k106/johnlg-2006/photo-87.jpg

(I'm crying now..................I have to take a walk.)

:cool:

studio1087
March 8th, 2012, 09:50 PM
I bought the big cheap red switch because if the effort failed I just wanted a switch on a plastic box that looked like a prop from an Austin Powers movie. It's the Dr. Evil switch for opening the doors to the evil fish tank filled with bass with lasers on their heads,

czech-one-2
March 8th, 2012, 10:03 PM
Ok, no turning back now! Get a decent soldering iron and its all over!:cool:

(I'd love to own a 230v vibro champ!)

Jupiter
March 8th, 2012, 10:08 PM
OK - reality check - it's just a switch. Bonehead simple. Truly bonehead simple but I want you to know something.......

If you gathered the 3 worst solderers that you know and lined them all up......I would be about 4 levels beneath them.

Remember when you were 10 years old and you used gobs of solder on the smallest connection and then you dripped hot solder on your mom's kitchen table and then you said screw it and used the soldering iron as a wood burner because that was more fun????? That's me at age 47. I am a soldering maroon.

That's funny; when I was 10, I was the guy who used my woodburner as a soldering iron! Something in the solder ate the tip right off of it....

Teleworshipkid
March 8th, 2012, 10:18 PM
I would just say to be careful when you step on that thing. In fact, don't STEP on it. Just press it lightly with your toes

Metal footswitches/cases are meant to endure years and years and years of stomping, and even many of those fail within the first year or so (ahem... Line 6...). Your little plastic switch was made to maybe withstand a year or so of finger-pressing. That little plastic box wasn't even made for forceful contact at all!

It's totally great that you got it working! I'm just warning you to be careful with the thing, and not treat it like a "real" footswitch. :)

fezz parka
March 8th, 2012, 10:59 PM
I dunno, the FS for my Super Reverb has been working since 1965.:lol:

lareplus
March 9th, 2012, 02:11 AM
Oh NO! It's the Dr Evil Pedal!!! Makes me tremble!!!