$vboptions[bbtitle]

MXR Custom Comp vs. Pigtronix Philosopher's Tone

eflamberson
January 22nd, 2012, 11:08 PM
I was just wondering which pedal is "better". I have the Philosopher's Tone, but the MXR stuff has been catching my eye (and wallet) lately? Which of these two do you guys prefer?

Chrismo
January 23rd, 2012, 12:12 AM
I've never had any experience with the Pigtronix pedals, but the Custom Comp is an amazing pedal at a great price. Took a great pedal and made it even better. Second only to the Barber Tone Press, in my opinion. If you're already shopping, I say go for it - you'll dig it.

Flakey
January 23rd, 2012, 03:13 AM
I just completed shopping for compressors and though I never tried the Pigtronix I did try a Barber Tonepress, a Wampler ego and MXR Custom Comp to replace the MXR Dyna Comp. I felt the Dyna Comp didn't give enough control of my signal. I like the Wampler the best then the Barber but an emergency Root Canal required me to spend the saved money and I went with my 3rd Choice which was the Custom Comp and I'm very happy with it for the money I spent. The balance between the attack and sensitivity controls gave me the closest operations like Blend controls the the Wampler EGO or Barber Tonepress have.

eflamberson
February 18th, 2012, 08:45 AM
Thanks guys!