$vboptions[bbtitle]

Hermida Reverb Vs. Boss Fender Reverb Vs. Wampler faux Reverb ?

ASC67
December 28th, 2011, 12:34 PM
Which one do you like and why ?

I have a Biyang Tri-verb at the moment but I'm not 100% happy with the Spring reverb on it. I don't really use the plate or the Hall much either.

studio1087
December 28th, 2011, 01:28 PM
I had a BiYang and the Fender/Boss FRV-1.

I have a Hermida and a T-Rex Tone Bug Reverb now.

I liked the spring setting on the BiYang but my BiYang had an electrical problem. It drained the battery if it was plugged in or not plugged in.

The Hermida doesn't color the the tone when I use it in conjuction with an overdrive perdal. The Boss pedal colored the sound in a flat dark way when I added overdrive and reverb at the same time. I think that there are a few good reverbs out there (as long as you play clean and add reverb) but the minute you add overdrive the reverb sounds weird.

I like the simplicity of the Hermida and like how the reverb sounds with and without gain. The Tone Bug is number 2 on my list for the same reasons. I have a Hermida on my small pedal board and a Ton Bug on my big board.

I have never tried a Wampler Reverb.

ASC67
December 28th, 2011, 01:31 PM
Thanks John, I was hoping you would chime in. The Biyang does a decent job I guess but like I said I'm not 100% happy with it.

studio1087
December 28th, 2011, 03:27 PM
When I ordered from Hermida I got tracking and responses from Alfozo Hermida.

I thought it was cool that the owner is that "hands-on" in running his business.

ASC67
December 28th, 2011, 05:53 PM
Alfozo Hermida ... cool name !

Radspin
December 28th, 2011, 11:58 PM
I really like my Hermida reverb. It's a very nice sounding reverb, not a spring reverb sound but in a way I like it better as it's very pretty sounding, very musical. I especially like the fact that it's only one knob so you can't drive yourself crazy with tweaking to get the best sound--just set the amount of reverb you want and forget it! It eats batteries, but it comes with an AC adapter.

teleman78
December 29th, 2011, 03:15 AM
I have never tried any of them however I just ordered the Harmida, I did some research and for what I'm looking for the Hermida seems the ticket: simplicity, transparency and affordable so we'll see. The only thing is that I put the order online 2 days ago and still I don't get a tracking number... There isn't a phone number to call Harmida huh?

RaistMagus
December 29th, 2011, 06:41 AM
Please report back after you get to play it! I'm interested in sping reverb pedals, your comments will ne appreciated.

teleman78
December 29th, 2011, 02:00 PM
Please report back after you get to play it! I'm interested in sping reverb pedals, your comments will ne appreciated.

Sounds good.. I'll keep you posted

ASC67
December 29th, 2011, 06:35 PM
Hermida Reverb out of stock. Bummer

Tonemonkey
December 29th, 2011, 07:16 PM
And its " Alfonso" ................. though he signs himself "Alf".

teleman78
December 30th, 2011, 01:38 AM
Hermida Reverb out of stock. Bummer

What do you mean out of stock? Dude!!!! I placed an order online on 12/27/2011 and it never said it was out of stock... What's more they took my paypal money quick! the funny thing is that I haven't received a tracking number for the shipment... WTF? I need a reverb pedal pronto! I'm setting up my newly redesigned pedal board and want to start gigging ASAP!:confused::confused::confused:

Tonemonkey
December 30th, 2011, 06:05 AM
Its a small business, perhaps Alf's enjoying the holidays, same as you and I.

PM sent with Tel No.

Radspin
December 30th, 2011, 09:31 PM
I don't recall getting a tracking number or anything when I ordered mine--just sent the money and got the pedal a few days later, no problems.