$vboptions[bbtitle]

single humbucker directly to output

noisemaker
October 1st, 2011, 01:23 PM
okey I've been googlin and tried once to solder but I can't find out how to solder a humbucker directly to the input :oops:

anyone have a wiring diagram or a good description?

Rob DiStefano
October 1st, 2011, 01:49 PM
don't need no diagram, this is all basic direct wiring.

solder the hb's shield lead or ground sided leads directly to the jack's ground side and the pup hot lead to the jack's hot tip side. it it's a 4 conductor hb, a pair of wires will be separately soldered and insulated.

noisemaker
October 1st, 2011, 02:09 PM
I'm a real noob when it comes to wiring so of that I understood little

but what I wired was I took the 2 wires you solder together and did that and then took the bare wire and the ground from the guitar and wired to the sleeve and the 2 other wires I took and wired to the tip.

and now I get sound from the amp when I put a screwdriver on the polepieces but not from the strings?

Rob DiStefano
October 1st, 2011, 02:17 PM
i have no clue as to what yer doing, son. let's start from scratch ...

what is the make and model of the humbucking pickup you have?

good images would help ....

noisemaker
October 1st, 2011, 02:55 PM
hah

its a dimarzio super distortion

don't have a camera right here with me so no pics sorry.

Rob DiStefano
October 1st, 2011, 03:03 PM
dimarzio 4-conductor, black and white wires soldered together and insulated (they connect NO where), bare and green to ground (solder to the jack's ground tab), red hot wire soldered to the jack's hot tip tab. there ya go, mate.

KenH
October 1st, 2011, 03:03 PM
Red (+) to the tip, green and bare (-/grd) to the sleeve and black & white soldered together and taped. Plus and neg can be swapped since there are no other components to interact with.

Edit: Sorry Rob for duplication.

Rob DiStefano
October 1st, 2011, 03:13 PM
Red (+) to the tip, green and bare (-/grd) to the sleeve and black & white soldered together and taped. Plus and neg can be swapped since there are no other components to interact with.

Edit: Sorry Rob for duplication.

the more the merrier! :cool:

noisemaker
October 2nd, 2011, 08:34 AM
it works!!

thanks guys