$vboptions[bbtitle]

SWART amps . . .

SirJackdeFuzz
August 15th, 2011, 08:49 AM
. . . i find myself GAS'ing harder, and harder for one of these as the months go by.

I allready want a Tungsten & Evil Robot, and now this *add facepalm here*

Some of the clips on Youtube is very good, and the others are bloody great.

Is there any Swart amp owners in here ?
Or anyone who tested one in the past ?
Any info about these very welcome...

:wink:

SirJackdeFuzz
August 15th, 2011, 08:53 AM
P90 ---cable--- Swart

JklskqQ2ueU

StraightNeck
August 15th, 2011, 09:26 AM
What?That is one of the worst sound i ever heard.

spayne99
August 15th, 2011, 09:32 AM
Yesterday I got the chance to turn my Pro Junior all the way up, and I thought it sounded kind of Swart'ish. Of course, it's not a Swart and it doesn't have reverb or tremolo (I have pedals for that). But man those Swarts are sweet amps and I'd love to get one someday.

imsilly
August 15th, 2011, 09:32 AM

I don't like to knock, but I have to agree.

And I love P90s and Swarts!

Probably bad recording or youtube murdering the sound quality.

tele salivas
August 15th, 2011, 10:02 AM
Yeah, youtube usually kills any kind of sound complexity if you don't prepare for it, but that last chord ringing out with the feedback gave a hint of the harmonic quality Swarts are capable of. I heard someone try a Gretsch 5120 on a Swart they brought to the music store. I immediately turned my head 'round when I heard that sound. Freaking beautiful.

SirJackdeFuzz
August 15th, 2011, 10:15 AM

Video camera is clipping...i think.

StraightNeck
August 15th, 2011, 11:24 AM
Swart amps are fine sounding amps and deserve better recordings/videos.

MikeMurray
August 15th, 2011, 11:30 AM
Those GuitarTone threads have you gassing eh? ;)

SirJackdeFuzz
August 15th, 2011, 11:37 AM
Those GuitarTone threads have you gassing eh? ;)

ONE DAY :wink:

The demos that Greg V (Utoob) is going sounds sooo good !

Tele-Monster
August 15th, 2011, 11:43 AM
I don't really care for the overdriven sound in that clip either. Swarts do have some of the sweetest clean tones around though. I probably wouldn't buy an AST, just because I don't really have a need for a $1200 practice amp.

I would take that Reinhardt in the video though!

MikeMurray
August 15th, 2011, 11:50 AM
Just be aware that DR Z's are available locally if you look hard enough too.

SirJackdeFuzz
August 15th, 2011, 11:55 AM
Just be aware that DR Z's are available locally if you look hard enough too.

Not a fan of the Dr. Z

Gearmandude use them a lot, and they do nuffing for me :neutral:

Tele-Monster
August 15th, 2011, 12:02 PM
Not a fan of the Dr. Z

Gearmandude use them a lot, and they do nuffing for me :neutral:

GMD has terrible tone. Actually try one out. Just to be honest tho, I owned a Dr Z Maz 18 and didn't really care for it. I would like a Carmen Ghia though.

MikeMurray
August 15th, 2011, 12:08 PM
I was suitably impressed with the EZG50. But yea, don't knock em till you've tried them.

rolling56
August 15th, 2011, 12:10 PM
P90 ---cable--- Swart

JklskqQ2ueU

Is that some secretary letting her hair down? :shock: :lol:

Hope i am not offending a member here..........

SirJackdeFuzz
August 15th, 2011, 01:38 PM
THESE are actually guitar & pedal demos, but Greg V use a tasty SWART in each :

PykciorBzw4

C4MjdyYeRKM

lmyoZdgHVJQ <--- TELE goodness !!!

Jared Purdy
August 15th, 2011, 05:31 PM
If you can, it would be great to check one or several of his models out. Alternatively, you could call up Michael Swart and speak to him about the sounds of the different amps. I bought a AST Master combo on a blind run last March, purely on the adivse of the owner of Boutique Tone in Montreal (one of the dealers in Canada who carries Swart). I told him what I was looking for in sound, what I had checked out. Michael had just released the AST Master combo (then called the AST Master MkII) and he didn't even have images or details on his site, but because Boutique Tone has sold so many of his amps, they got dibs on one or two of the first ones made, so the owner was able to speak on the tone of the amp.

It took about 5 weeks for it to arrive, a fresh build with a Celestion G12H30 Heritage in it. The clean channel is definately tweed, and it's loud at 18 watts with 6V6s in, and even louder with 6L6s or EL34s. The master switch is a really great idea, effectively giving you a two channel amp. The only thing that is missing is being able to foot switch between master and non-master mode. The cab is the biggest of all of his amps, and definately lends to the full, round and warm sound. To my ears, the amp has a "vintage" sound, right out of Exile on Main Street or Sticky Fingers, which was precisely the sound I was after. It weighs in at around 40 Lbs and is about the same size as a Mesa LSS.

k tone
August 15th, 2011, 06:24 PM
3Kf4QcpFklg

She does a better job of showing the amps dynamics in this video.

Jared Purdy
August 15th, 2011, 06:44 PM
3Kf4QcpFklg

+1 She nails it.

SirJackdeFuzz
August 15th, 2011, 10:45 PM
If you can, it would be great to check one or several of his models out. Alternatively, you could call up Michael Swart and speak to him about the sounds of the different amps. I bought a AST Master combo on a blind run last March, purely on the adivse of the owner of Boutique Tone in Montreal (one of the dealers in Canada who carries Swart). I told him what I was looking for in sound, what I had checked out. Michael had just released the AST Master combo (then called the AST Master MkII) and he didn't even have images or details on his site, but because Boutique Tone has sold so many of his amps, they got dibs on one or two of the first ones made, so the owner was able to speak on the tone of the amp.

It took about 5 weeks for it to arrive, a fresh build with a Celestion G12H30 Heritage in it. The clean channel is definately tweed, and it's loud at 18 watts with 6V6s in, and even louder with 6L6s or EL34s. The master switch is a really great idea, effectively giving you a two channel amp. The only thing that is missing is being able to foot switch between master and non-master mode. The cab is the biggest of all of his amps, and definately lends to the full, round and warm sound. To my ears, the amp has a "vintage" sound, right out of Exile on Main Street or Sticky Fingers, which was precisely the sound I was after. It weighs in at around 40 Lbs and is about the same size as a Mesa LSS.

Thanks for the helpfull info :wink:

ruger9
August 16th, 2011, 06:36 AM
Z is NOTHING like Swart. Z is bright & percussive, Swart is warm & spongy.

I've wanted a Swart for years, have all GregV's demos/soundclips on my ipod in constant rotation, and I will own a Swart somday.

I recently finally got to plug a tele into an AST... heaven. It's sounds exactly like GregV's soundclips. Perfect.

eggman
August 17th, 2011, 01:10 AM
Howdy,

I've been intrigued with the Swart AST for a few years. I opted for a Carmen Ghia instead, since I'd actually test-driven a Ghia. FWIW, I'd probably like the AST, too.

ruger9
August 17th, 2011, 07:14 AM
Howdy,

I've been intrigued with the Swart AST for a few years. I opted for a Carmen Ghia instead, since I'd actually test-driven a Ghia. FWIW, I'd probably like the AST, too.

I test drove a Ghia the same day I test drove the AST. Both are great amps, but choosing between them shouldn't be difficult, as they are almost nothing alike! The only thing similar about the 2 amps is wattage & touch sensitivity. Tone-wise, they are pretty much at opposite ends of the ballpark.

davenumber2
August 17th, 2011, 08:44 AM
THIS is the tone I can't get out of my head. Fantastic!

EGhDNv_wx-A

TommyChung71
August 17th, 2011, 10:31 AM
Swart owners, question...I was looking at the Spactone Atomic Jr. Are these amps loud? I know that they are 5 watts, but that can be loud. I'm looking for an amp that I can crank and get overdriven tweed tones without going deaf. I'm only playing for myself so as loud as the movie theater would be OK with me.

Boubou
August 17th, 2011, 12:57 PM
You will not go deaf, but you will annoy the neighbor

Sent from my iPod touch using TDPRI

SirJackdeFuzz
August 17th, 2011, 01:18 PM
Z is NOTHING like Swart. Z is bright & percussive, Swart is warm & spongy.

I've wanted a Swart for years, have all GregV's demos/soundclips on my ipod in constant rotation, and I will own a Swart somday.

I recently finally got to plug a tele into an AST... heaven. It's sounds exactly like GregV's soundclips. Perfect.

That might be why i never liked a Z tone i heard (well, thus far).

SirJackdeFuzz
August 17th, 2011, 01:20 PM
I test drove a Ghia the same day I test drove the AST. Both are great amps, but choosing between them shouldn't be difficult, as they are almost nothing alike! The only thing similar about the 2 amps is wattage & touch sensitivity. Tone-wise, they are pretty much at opposite ends of the ballpark.

Please tell more ruger :wink:

Thanx

SirJackdeFuzz
August 17th, 2011, 01:25 PM
Swart owners, question...I was looking at the Spactone Atomic Jr. Are these amps loud? I know that they are 5 watts, but that can be loud. I'm looking for an amp that I can crank and get overdriven tweed tones without going deaf. I'm only playing for myself so as loud as the movie theater would be OK with me.

You will not go deaf, but you will annoy the neighbor

WHAT ?

. . . if my neighbour has a Swart amp, i will be pissed-off the evening he/she decides not to play !

My Marshall Class 5 (i found) is perfect for home useage. YMMV.

Geoff738
August 17th, 2011, 01:43 PM
While I don't own a Swart (yet) I've recommended them to a couple of folks who have bought them - including Jared, upthread.

They seem to be happy with their purchase.

Cheers,
Geoff

ruger9
August 18th, 2011, 07:20 AM
Please tell more ruger :wink:

Thanx

Z's are bright, percussive, and piano-like. Even with tube rectifiers, they are very "fast" amps. No sponginess there unless they are turned WAY up... and Z amps are LOUD, Z watts seem to be louder than other watts. :lol: While Z's do sound good driven, alot of guys use them for their clean or almost-clean VOLUME.

Listen to Brad Paisley albums Mud On The Tires, Time Well Wasted, 5th Gear, and the Christmas Album to hear Z's.

Swarts are warm, and "softer". You still get a pure tone from a very short signal path, but the amps are voiced to never be bright or harsh, even with the treble control cranked. There's no surprise tele guys LOVE these amps. GregV's tone samples are exactly what these amps sound like. To me, they are about low headroom & getting drive from the AMP at gig reasonable volumes. (still loud, but for example at a gig you could turn the amp up for drive. A Z you could do that with, but by the time it's driving as much as the Swart the club owner would be taking your head off. Most guys looking for dirty sounds with Z's use pedals.)

Ironically, tele guys also love Z's... but they WANT that bright, fast, percussive tone.

Both amps are fantastic. Not a dud in the bunch. But on different ends on the tonal spectrum.

dog fart
August 18th, 2011, 09:16 AM
I played a Space Tone at a GC of all places. There were two 20 year olds playing death metal behind me. But the Swart was beautiful, the reverb was other worldly. Real reverb, not the thin, anemic, boingy reverb you find everywhere. I wanted that amp in spite of the motorboating I could hear in the background.

Between the death boys, the tool who was trying to convince me that the motorboating was caused by a cheap chord and the fact I could buy a new one for $200 more I left empty handed

SirJackdeFuzz
August 18th, 2011, 10:14 AM
Z's are bright, percussive, and piano-like. Even with tube rectifiers, they are very "fast" amps. No sponginess there unless they are turned WAY up... and Z amps are LOUD, Z watts seem to be louder than other watts. :lol: While Z's do sound good driven, alot of guys use them for their clean or almost-clean VOLUME.

Listen to Brad Paisley albums Mud On The Tires, Time Well Wasted, 5th Gear, and the Christmas Album to hear Z's.

Swarts are warm, and "softer". You still get a pure tone from a very short signal path, but the amps are voiced to never be bright or harsh, even with the treble control cranked. There's no surprise tele guys LOVE these amps. GregV's tone samples are exactly what these amps sound like. To me, they are about low headroom & getting drive from the AMP at gig reasonable volumes. (still loud, but for example at a gig you could turn the amp up for drive. A Z you could do that with, but by the time it's driving as much as the Swart the club owner would be taking your head off. Most guys looking for dirty sounds with Z's use pedals.)

Ironically, tele guys also love Z's... but they WANT that bright, fast, percussive tone.

Both amps are fantastic. Not a dud in the bunch. But on different ends on the tonal spectrum.

Thanks a million ruger, sounds like a SWART was made with me in mind :wink:
Narural warm tone, spongy low end, slow attack, what is not to love.
Deff gonna check them out.

AlanC
August 26th, 2011, 07:32 PM
I don't really care for the overdriven sound in that clip either. Swarts do have some of the sweetest clean tones around though. I probably wouldn't buy an AST, just because I don't really have a need for a $1200 practice amp.

I would take that Reinhardt in the video though!

practice amp?
I have the AST PRO< and I use it on ALL my gigs. way beyond a practice amp, Just sayin' :-)

eggman
August 27th, 2011, 09:12 PM
Howdy,

This thread gives me serious..AST GAS, LOL. It wouldn't be difficult to talk the wife into a Swart (if I had the money), as she loves good trem. On a tangential note, I hope the good people at Swart survived Irene's wrath this weekend.

sgoodacre
August 28th, 2011, 12:03 AM
I do like swart. I can't decide between a 6v6se or a Victoria 512. It's one of the hardest decisions I've had to make. I love both, but I think they're too similar to get both. The larger swarts are great too. Very spongey and woody tones. Great amps!

tele salivas
August 28th, 2011, 08:56 AM
3Kf4QcpFklg

Yeah, she sure does. It's not like your going to please everybody anyway, but an amp like this really begs for the range to be portrayed. Overdrive sounds usually sound too similar over the youtube, camera mic, computer speaker set up. The undertones hardly ever come off. At least with the cleans you can tell if there is some complexity vs sterility going on.

sthomas
August 29th, 2011, 01:37 PM
I bought a used STR tweed a couple months ago on eBay for $960.00. It's a 2008. Super amp for Live Rust and Fandango tones. Head room is pretty low but very sweet and a bit woody, not as round as my vintage bf Princeton Rev., but more touch sensitive. The boost mode is monstrous but only engages with a toggle. A fooswitch would greatly add to versatility. Guitars characteristics are all there and emphasized. A strat sounds like a strat, a tele like a tele, a Les Paul like a less Paul. My 76' Starcaster sounds like a harp when clean and barks like a dog when overdriven. New tones are discovered daily, huge reverb when cranked up a bit sounds like an entirely new effect. Very happy with this amp

DrAndy
August 30th, 2011, 07:59 AM
I discovered this brand over the weekend and have been trawling through utoob trying to find a decent recording of the SST...
it would appear I'm looking for just what they're selling. Unfortunately for my finances.

That black tweed SST is a beauty though, right?!

timmytVA
August 30th, 2011, 10:37 AM
Not sure which Swart the OP is GASing for, but these Matthew Sweet clips rocked my world.

http://swartamps.com/matthew_sweet-str-tweed_mp3.htm

Tim

anacephalic
August 30th, 2011, 05:39 PM
Have to agree that a Z and a swart are miles apart. Those intereseted in a Swart might want to sniff out a victoria or two just for comparison

chabby
August 30th, 2011, 07:15 PM
I love the Swart tones, but I think they are so expensive.
I can build an amp that sounds good for a 1/2 of what they cost.
Yeah they are squishy spongey and tweedy with a bit more compression.

Z's are more Voxy-Marshally but carved their own sound kind of in the vein of London 65's.
But that whole genre is almost over done to me as there are so many EL84 mixes now it's getting foggy like London itself. Kits provide the best value for sure.

Lately what I find moving is the old Musicman and Fender amps with solid state rectification and 6L6's which equal loud and crystalline clean. Or, its little cousins with 6V6's and GZ34's which are as close to soild state rect as you can get, but not. Because once you have clear and crystalline clean, the rest is easy.

I finally found that I can just buy a great 6L6 amp that I can mod to whatever i want it to be with preamp tweaks and two channels......let's just say..any Sliver face Fender with 6L6's and two channels...a tweakers dream. Tweed one side, blackface the other......or not.

In the meantime you have an amp that likely outlives you and every part in it is replaceable.
Right now I just bought an older Mesa F50 which I like as it is on it's clean channel. Over time I'll probbaly tweak it's preamp to sound exactly like I want it to all for the price of a cheap used Hotrod. It really pays to know how to work on circuits, even a little. I think Jim over at Lil Dawg is making the best product/value out there right now in terms of a production/boutique amp. You essentlially get the best circuitry and workmanship I've ever seen, for the money. Then over time if you can afford it, you can upgrade components if you want. But truth be known, he get's great tones out of even the lower cost stuff he suses on the base models.

ruger9
August 31st, 2011, 12:24 PM
I love the Swart tones, but I think they are so expensive.
I can build an amp that sounds good for a 1/2 of what they cost.

That's fantastic. And I can build a custom kitchen myself for half of what one costs... since I know have all the knowledge, skill, and experience to do so. But most people don't. Not sure if you are implying Swart amps are overpriced, but they aren't. They may be for YOU however... since you can apparently build one yourself. My $30,000 kitchen only cost me $14,000. But it'll cost YOU $30,000. :razz:

sthomas
September 1st, 2011, 01:57 PM
I played my str tweed this morning for the first time in a few days. It was like another honeymoon. I had my es345 in the high input on about 4 with the boost switch engaged. Wonderful mild overdrive at that setting an rolling back the guitar volume to about 7 rendered sweet cleans while picking softly, without losin too much volume from the overdrive. There is an amazing amount of flexibility through the guitar volume control and pick attack. I've always been a volume and tone on 10 kind of guy using channel switching and effects, but this amp is opening up a whole new way of achieving tonal variety. Very inspiring

Boubou
September 1st, 2011, 02:46 PM
That's fantastic. And I can build a custom kitchen myself for half of what one costs... since I know have all the knowledge, skill, and experience to do so. But most people don't. Not sure if you are implying Swart amps are overpriced, but they aren't. They may be for YOU however... since you can apparently build one yourself. My $30,000 kitchen only cost me $14,000. But it'll cost YOU $30,000. :razz:

So, now I know why renovating a kitchen is so expensive, so the guy who does it can buy a Swart amp.
I understand the person who can build one cheaper, and thats great, but for other its less time consumming and more efficient to do our job, get money, buy the toy.

SirJackdeFuzz
September 1st, 2011, 06:49 PM
I discovered this brand over the weekend and have been trawling through utoob trying to find a decent recording of the SST...
it would appear I'm looking for just what they're selling. Unfortunately for my finances.

That black tweed SST is a beauty though, right?!

Oh hell yes it is :twisted:

ruger9
September 2nd, 2011, 07:07 PM
So, now I know why renovating a kitchen is so expensive, so the guy who does it can buy a Swart amp.

You know it! :lol:

I'll be the first to admit... in America, the cost of labor is relatively high these days. Because EVERYTHING is relatively high these days. Just the way it is here. However, the TRUTH remains that you aren't paying for cost of materials + a small labor fee. You're paying for cost of materials + whatever the best labor fee you find IS, because you can't do it yourself. You're not just paying for muscle work, you're paying for the knowledge, experience, and skill to get the job done RIGHT. Be it amps or kitchens or whatever. I, for example, wholeheartedly encourage customers to go the DIY route... personally, I think people in general are capable of more than they give themselves credit for... but when you call me because your cabinets fell off the wall and destroyed $2000 in china, you're going to wish you paid me to hang them in the first place.

ferosferio
September 5th, 2011, 02:43 AM
As a "home" player, I love that amp companies are building quality, low watt amps that you can actually crank up at home. Without shaking the neighbors' walls :) I recently purchased a Swart ATOM (or atomic JR, as they used to be called), the 5watter with reverb. Freaking sweet little amp! Sounds fantastic, great breakup, reverb is huge and it has killer looks. Single coils, p90 and humbuckers all sound fantastic. If you can stomach the cost of admission, you will be very pleased with the amplifier. I also purchased Michael's Night Light attenuator so I can crank the amp at even lower volumes (5 watts is loud when kids are sleeping).

Before I purchased the amp, I wasn't sure whether to get the Atom or the 5 watt tweed reverb model, so I called Swart and, because it is a small company, Michael called me back and was happy to advise me. I thought that was pretty awesome! -_Rob

Boubou
September 5th, 2011, 08:25 AM
I also purchased Michael's Night Light attenuator so I can crank the amp at even lower volumes (5 watts is loud when kids are sleeping).

how do you like the night light?

TeleLance
September 5th, 2011, 08:58 AM
[
Before I purchased the amp, I wasn't sure whether to get the Atom or the 5 watt tweed reverb model, so I called Swart and, because it is a small company, Michael called me back and was happy to advise me. I thought that was pretty awesome! -_Rob[/QUOTE]

Just out of curiosity, what was the advice he gave you? I am looking at those two also (very long off into the future, unfortunately), and was wondering about the difference between the SRT and the Atom. Any other insights?

ferosferio
September 5th, 2011, 08:55 PM
how do you like the night light?

I really like it! The hook up is simple, it works like it is supposed to/no issues. You can leave it hooked up all the time, and use the bypass switch when you don't need it. Swart sells cables as well, and he recommends you use his or similar quality audio cables.

ferosferio
September 5th, 2011, 09:26 PM
[
Before I purchased the amp, I wasn't sure whether to get the Atom or the 5 watt tweed reverb model, so I called Swart and, because it is a small company, Michael called me back and was happy to advise me. I thought that was pretty awesome! -_Rob

Just out of curiosity, what was the advice he gave you? I am looking at those two also (very long off into the future, unfortunately), and was wondering about the difference between the SRT and the Atom. Any other insights?[/QUOTE]

As I wanted "home volumes" he recommended the Atom, as the 8 inch speaker is not as loud as the 12 inch on the STR-Tweed. Also, the STR breaks up earlier and I wanted more headroom of the Atom. As it is, my Les Paul with "hot" Burstbucker 2/3 pickups drives the amp pretty quickly. Still very usable, though. My other guitars (strat w/ CS 69's, LP with p90s and a 339 with the Classic 57's) all sound fantastic with the Swart.

For home use, I've settled on 2 amps, both low wattage, each with a very different sound: The Swart, as stated, and the 1 watt Blackstar HT-1R head with the 4x8 "mini" half stack cab. The 1 watt Blackstar is actually plenty loud enough through the 4x8 cab. Both amps have totally different, very unique sounds: The blackstar, even with the ISF tone control to change the sound from "British" to "American", still sounds more like a Marshall-type amp to me. The breakup is linear, the sound is driving. The Blackstar starts to shine as soon as you add a bit of gain and goes from there to all the way to metal. That's not to say the cleans aren't any good - They are, just not in the same class of clean sweetness as the Swart. The Swart is all boutique: Round, warm, very 3 dimensional. Sweet, sweet bluesy and jazzy clean tones. Pick aggressively and get some nice grit and mild breakup. Very organic. Crank the volume and get a nice rock crunch. Stops short of metal, but I'm sure you could comp that with the right pedal.

Speaking of pedals, both amps take pedals very well. I like to use a Lovesqueeze compressor and a Fulltone Fulldrive Mosfet.

The Swart is set for 4 ohms amp to speaker. The 4x8 Blackstar cab is 8 ohms. Michael said the Atom could be played through the 4x8 cab without damaging the amp. So, when a change feels right, sometimes I play the Atom through the mini-stack. The 4x8 gives a fuller sound - not necessarily better than the 1x8, but different in a good way. At the end of the day, because these two amps each can cover a lot of sonic ground while still sounding very different from each other, they end up complementing each other really well.

Now, had I known about the Night Light attenuator when I purchased the Blackstar, I might have gone for the blackstart 5 W head with the 2 - 1x12 cabs instead of the 1watt head. 600 bucks - pretty sweet deal, and more EQ controls. I still would have purchased the Swart, and I'm very happy I did. IT is a joy to play, and a literal beauty to look at. Michael does amazing work. Worth every dollar.

FYI, as of today, 9-5-11, on the Craigslist in Portland, OR, a gentleman is selling a barely used Swart Space Tone 6v6se Amplifier.

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/msg/2573446436.html

porterburst
September 6th, 2011, 01:48 AM
I've played just about all the Swart amps, and thought they all sounded really good. My favorites are the STR-Tweed and AST Pro. I love the fact the STR controls are on top, and can except 6V6's, 6V6G's, 6L6GC/5881's, EL34, and from my last e-mail from Swart they'll even except a KT66 or 7027.

I bet a KT66 would sound killer in the STR-Tweed!

refin
September 6th, 2011, 02:11 AM
THIS is the tone I can't get out of my head. Fantastic!

EGhDNv_wx-A

Agreed...........and he is a stinkin' great player too,love his stuff!

Jared Purdy
September 6th, 2011, 05:11 PM

He's a fantastic guitar player. Still, even listening to the recording, and as good as it is, I prefer the AST Master for it's versatility. It's bigger, and maybe therefore not as appealing to some, but the Master control is sublime and opens up a whole new range of sound possibilities.

porterburst
September 6th, 2011, 05:22 PM
The master probably is a little more versatile, especially for low bedroom volumes, but I enjoy the tone and simplicity of the non master AST Pro and STR-Tweed.

BobbyB
September 12th, 2011, 04:53 PM

Thats "smokin tone" !!!!

SirJackdeFuzz
September 13th, 2011, 12:11 PM
Not sure which Swart the OP is GASing for, but these Matthew Sweet clips rocked my world.

http://swartamps.com/matthew_sweet-str-tweed_mp3.htm

Tim

Hey, that sounds GOOOOD :wink: