$vboptions[bbtitle]

'52 Hot Rod Tele Bridge Question

smoke
August 2nd, 2011, 08:13 PM
Howdy...I picked up a new '52 Hot Rod tele and our good pals at Guitar Center apparently gave me the case to the '52 RI tele instead. By the time I realized this, the '52 RI had been sold so I am stuck w/ this case.

No big deal because it fits, but it means that I ended up w/ the 6-saddle bridge that comes w/ the '52 RI. I actually prefer 6-saddle bridges over the brass saddles, even the compensated ones that come on the '52 Hot Rod, mostly because of the feel and improved intonation.

I am curious whether the bridge to the '52 RI will work on a '52 Hot Rod? Anyone tried this? Just thought I would ask before dismantling the guitar.

chezdeluxe
August 2nd, 2011, 09:36 PM
Sorry but I have not heard of a 6 saddle bridge on a 52RI. To the best of my knowledge the only difference between the bridges on the 52RI and the Hotrod 52 are the slanted /compensated saddles on the Hotrod.

Is this bridge loose in the case they supplied with the Hotrod 52? The Hotrod 52 is supposed to come with a Tweed G&G case. Is that what you got?

KokoTele
August 2nd, 2011, 10:51 PM
The 52RI includes a six-saddle bridge in the case candy.

Honestly, the type of bridge they include is not the best design and can be finicky, especially with the high strings. If this bridge worked well, there would never have been a market for compensated saddles.

Either of those bridges will work with the Hot Rod model.

smoke
August 3rd, 2011, 08:46 AM
Is this bridge loose in the case they supplied with the Hotrod 52? The Hotrod 52 is supposed to come with a Tweed G&G case

The bridge was part of the case candy, along w/ the cap to change to 'modern' wiring, wiring diagram, etc. I didn't make the connection for a few days and by that time the '52 RI had been sold w/ the case that should have been mine for the '52 Hot Rod.

Thanks for the info fellas. I have some thinking to do. I might live w/ the compensated brass saddles for a while and see if I can get a better feel for them.